Private Tales Goodbye Declaration

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Vikesh Sahin

Dignity is inviolable
It had been three days since the fever started and the cough was only getting worse. Khiiral held his son tight against his chance, patting the toddlers back as soothingly as he could. There was a certain tempo that his wife had which he could never grasp. Needless to say, despite him desperately trying to replicate it to hopefully ease his son’s fitfulness, Ríkruisce did nothing but cry. His small round face was red, reminding Khiiral of the big red berries in his homeland that were poisonous until cooked.

Shh,” Khiiral tried to shush Riki but nothing gave the elf the results he wanted. He sighed deeply, inwardly delving deeper into the sense of forlorn hopelessness. He had tried the medicine he learned from the elves of the Falwood, but it seemed that nothing was doing what it should be. He was no doctor, no medicine man. Whatever affliction Riki had it was beyond Khii’s understanding.

It meant he needed to get help, something he had hoped to avoid before he met up with the others in his group. He had asked others, and when it came to healers, those in big cities or wellknown towns were always suggested. He couldn’t risk being seen there, having such a unique look about him when it came to the elves in this area. He also needed to avoid places frequented often by humans, especially those that had ties to Vel Anir.

So when he heard of a girl who’s pedigree was beyond anyone’s understanding and maybe having questionable skills yet somehow managed to produce welcoming results, Khiiral had to make the decision of going out of the way of his path to meet up with the rebels. For his sons he’d face those consequences later.

It had been four days of his son’s strange affliction and now his second son, Clisteœska, was starting to show similar symptoms. That dry cough and beginning of a fever which marked that it was from Riki. Carrying both of his sons on his back, Khiiral followed the barely there path that would lead him to the hut of this mysterious young healer.

Auria

"Auria. Make sure you do the laundry and get more herbs-" Auria's father grabs his bag. "Yes father. I know what to do." Auria hands him his scarf and a small basket full of food and his medicine bag. Her voice soft and gentle. "You don't need to worry about me." Lucien sighs as he gives his daughter a hug and a kiss on her forehead, taking the basket she has prepared. "I know. I know I just can't help myself. Remember. Don't answer the door to any stranger. Keep your wings hidden and please remember to eat." Auria smiles nodding in response. "I'll be back in about two days. Only going to the village a few hours from here. I love you." He wraps the scarf around his neck before walking out the door.
"Have a safe journey father." Auria whispers, closing the door as he finally gets out of view.
----
That was a day ago. Auria has been keeping herself busy with stocking supplies and preparing different potions for the ill. Right now, she is in the woods behind the small white cottage. Beside her is a basket filled with different herbs and fungi. A smaller basket is in her hands as she picks a few blackberries from the bushes. Every few berries she picks the half elf eats one berry from the bush. The tart sweetness is a welcomed taste. Finally finished with her task Auria wipes her hand on her small apron. Readjusting her clothes, she grabs the baskets and makes her way back to her home.
The place she has called home for as long as she can remember comes into view as the brush breaks away. A small grey bricked cottage with vines crawling up the sides. In front there is a small porch with comfortable chairs and the back balcony is filled with potted plants and beds both made of stone. The painted wooded shutters are open allowing a cool gentle breeze to enter the house. Stepping into the house and closing the door from the back balcony Auria takes off her apron and make her way over to the kitchen. The wooden floor beneath her feet creaks every few steps. Placing the baskets neatly on the table the young lady begins the process of washing and examining each herb, berry and fungi careful not the let a bad sample corrupt the rest of the batch.

• Bless
Reactions: Vikesh Sahin