Open Chronicles Gealach Os A Chionn

A roleplay open for anyone to join
S

Shabha Agloshk

A single moon hung in the air, the deadly points of its crescent shape reflecting light onto Wda river lands, and the company that conveyed a writhing cargo.

- - -​

"Did you see the bodies..." A masculine voice said, barely above a whisper.

"Slain by a single warrior, she was practically buried in them..." Continued another, this voice a bit more nasally.

"...the venom, though...few have survived as much as must have been..." The first intoned, awe quite apparent in his voice.

"She appears strong, her body may yet purge the toxin, but only if we can get her back to camp." A feminine voice snapped, command issuing from the words, and the male voices ceased.

Shabha was only partially aware, she felt movement like the swaying grasses of the savannah, and saw starlight and a single moon passing over head. At times they swam and became blacked out when she lost consciousness, but they always returned.

Between one moment when the moon was smiling down upon her to the next, when she saw no moon, no stars, but rather the inside of a mammoth hide yurt, painted with images out of stories. Her consciousness slipped again, and then there was sunlight streaming through the chimney hole.

"You have returned to the land of the living, young warrior." An aged, masculine voice said from behind her. Shabha tried to turn her head to see, but pain lanced behind her eyes. "Patience, you are still recovering. You were found on the edge of death. What do you remember?"

Shabha Angloshk withdrew into her memory for a moment, pushing back against the fugue to her last vivid memories.

"I was ranging the riverlands of the Wda, I've been contracted to find the source of a recent pollutant entering the waterways of a nearby town. I'd tracked the pollutants back to a nest of Lavellan that had taken over a resevoir created by a beaver dam. The water around the dam was foul and polluted, and I sought to burn out the Lavellan before seeking a spirit healer to cleanse the waters. I was attacked before I could set flame to their nest." She spoke almost haltingly, as if the memories were still confusing. "Then all I remember was fighting until I woke up slightly to see the crescent moon smiling upon me..."

She slowly turned and took in an Orc spirit healer with a moon tattooed upon his cheek. He was nodding and smiling.

"That sounds like what we found..."