Open Chronicles Gamblers Gone Wild

A roleplay open for anyone to join
N

Nayden

The bar was somewhat more lively that the quieter one that Nayden was accustomed to. People were having drinking contests, gambling, among other activities. The hooded man was enjoying a pint of ale, it was basically water to him so it did not affect his senses. Which also gathered a bit of an audience with an astounded bar keep. He had already been through four pints of their strongest ale!

His companion was somewhere in the establishment, probably off getting something. He didn’t mind he could take care of himself. The sound of the gambling gam1e was escalating, much to Nayden’s disappointment. The keeper noticed and sighed, “This happens a lot son. Pay it no mind. They will settle down again soon.” He assures Nayden who smiles taking another drink of ale.

He and Tsauhan had been returning from Amol-Kalit after a while away from Elbion. They had recently arrived at its outskirts a few hours ago. Once they did the two of them decided to find a place to unwind and relax for a few days before deciding what to do next in their plans. “I do not mind it sir, though it can be a bit off putting for someone with my limitation.”

He walked back over, he had been gambling a little bit of his disposable funds. He wasn’t much for it but he might as well, anti-climatically though, he hadn’t lost or gained anything. He figured he should leave before things got too rowdy.

“How ya doin Nayden?” He asked as he sat down, stretching in the seat. His companion had a nervous air about him. He settled in as he looked around.

• Devil
Reactions: Emery Thatcher
the bar was lively as any bar. i came here because my wanted posters had not yet reached this side of town, i only hope that no one sees me and puts two and two together. i mean ive not changed my look for over 100 years but the drawing they had of me seemed like it had some artistic licences because they can neer get my ears right.

ive been sitting at this poker table for the better half of the day, ive also been cheating of course but doing a grand job of it, if you win too much you gain suspicions that your playing dirty, so its always good to take a loss once in awhile. an hour ago someone accused me of cheating. i made sure to go on a losing streak to prove i was just occasionally lucky.

ive been able to spend an entire day at a bar and always leave with what i came with.

i take a sip of ale and throw down a winning hand. the others at the table yell in anguish and a few call it a day and leave the table only to be replaced by another shortly after.

"some times you win sometimes you lose" i say while i collect the biggest pot of the day.

i get up excusing myself, and head to the bar.

"next rounds on me!" i yell and everyone cheers raising there glasses to me

"give em the cheap shit these drunk bastards wont know the difference." i say in a hushed tone to the bar keep while handing him a nice stack of gold.

i pull out my own supply which is a bottle of rum i picked up from a sailor once.

"now this, this is the good shit" i say as i uncork the bottle and take a deep long drink.

• Devil
Emery sat by his lonesome in the corner of the bar. Ale in hand, eyes on the patrons. They were judgmental ones too. He had a bad habit of considering himself better than most others at the taverns he visited. The drunks, the secretive, the wenches. He could hold his liquor, piss off anyone, and walk away unscathed in any circumstance. Tonight would be no different.

He sipped his beverage as he watched the gamblers get more and more rowdy. Shit, what a sight to behold. They were all trashed and growing ever more obnoxious.

His eyes wandered to Nayden and Taushan Angevin.
Those two looked as if they were planning something, likely. Bigger than this tavern for sure. Whatever it may be.

Then to Neonitus who was gambling with the others. Being loud and running his mouth. A surly crowd it was tonight. And he felt it was the beginning to an interesting night altogether.

• Yay
Reactions: Taushan Angevin
Nayden shrugs holding his pint tightly, “Alright. Though,” He motions his shoulders towards the loud crowd gambling quickly whispering, “Wish they would learn to shush. They’re twice as loud for me then you.” He says taking a drink of his ale before talking normally again, “But otherwise going pretty well. Great service.” He nods at the barkeeper who gives him a nod back. “Great food.” He smiles as one of the waiters put down a shepards pie. “And good drink.” He says taking a drink of ale before digging into his food.

“Want some?” He offers Taushan. It was way too big of a meal for him, he did not eat much, if any, in general so he would usually split it with someone or save some for later with a bit of magic. But the occasional snack was acquired.

“Better get something before those gamblers start fighting.” He whispers with a smile. He did not want to get involved but he knew it was coming. As things went in such establishments.

“Certainly.” He immediately began shovling down the food offered to him, looking around. He talked through a mouthful of food, “I’ll ha- ve whatever- he’s having.” He said as he pointed at Nayden’s drink. He glanced around, looking over the patrons. A couple of rather suspicious fellows sat around, he should keep an eye on them.

the rum was kicking in even though ive been drinking like this for the past 150 years i still manage to get drunk from a single bottle of rum, at anytime i could take a focusing potion from my bag but what would the fun be in that, besides i could feel the tension over at the tables from here no doubt someone would start brawling and i love bar fights so i just sat there waiting for the fun to begin, bar fights are the best opportunity to pick pocket every bloke here. i eyed the coin purses around the room and saw a man talking with his mouth full, back turned to me his purse clearly in view. he would be the first once the chaos starts up.

To Emery, this level of irritation was quite casual for the gambling scene. It was actually quite boring to endure. He wanted malice to be present. Someone to be gutted. Not him of course, but if the patrons here were to watch a fight why not make it a good one, eh? This got the thief thinking a little bit.

He set his drink down and shifted his hands to the lining of his pockets, and he began to move. One with a keen eye and maybe not too much to drink would be able to see his movements, but damn, was this kid fast. Fast enough to leave his own afterimage of sorts. His hand deftly and swiftly exited his own pocket and into the pocket of a gambler, pulling out the mans sack of coins. He then proceeded to set that sack in the pocket of another gambler.

The bandit was lucky these men were so drunk as anyone in a state of sobriety would not be able to miss such an obvious ploy. The gambling crowd however could not even tell what had happened. Well, not until Emery was already back in his seat. The man he'd affected felt his pockets in a frenzy, knowing something was wrong. He didn't know who'd taken it and he didn't care.

The gambler lifted his chair from the ground and smashed it into the head of the man directly next to him.

Finally, fireworks. Emery sipped his ale with a shit eating grin.

The sound of a chair being broke make Nayden jump an inch or so off his chair. He’d sigh and rub his tempted with his fingers, if only he could see then stuff would not surprise him as much. He’d take another bite of food and leaned in with the palms of his hands together and a sort of a silent smile on his face.
A bright light emanated from his glove and most of the drunk gamblers fells unconscious. All except for Neon.

“We should get going soon tonight. Atleast before the drunks here get out of the tavern. Then the night will be crawling with them. If they aren’t already Taus.” He offers, “We could take some take-out as well since this is amazing Shepards pie.” Nayden says and was about to say something else with a bottle was smashed into the back of his head, thrown from somewhere in the tavern.

He quickly whipped his head around, quickly spotting the man who threw the bottle. He quickly sprinted over towards the man, and as he howled over a table he yelled to Nayden, "Get the pie and get out!" He slammed into the man, knocking him down in a large woof.

• Cheer
"Fuck're you lookin' at?" A drunk gambler in the midst of the uproar spat at Emery, who just scoffed and took a swig of his beer. The man approached and took a blind swing at thief. Emery dodged the swing while still sitting down and the man stumbled on top of him. He pushed the man back on to the ground, then stood up himself, putting his free hand and his mug to his open mouth.

"Mon' then ya fuckin' losah's! Show us what ya made of!" He cried with a laugh and a clap. More gamblers now moving in on him.

"Thas' tha spirit, givus a show!"

Nayden groaned and rubbed the back of his head, it was pounding now. He felt a bit of what may or may not be blood. He’d sniff his hand confirming his hypothesis. Feeling a but dizzy he’d look at the bartender who was yelling at the people fighting threatening to call the guards, all the while dragging the blind man and his pie behind the counter where he would look at the back kf his head. “Damn drunks, not knowing when to be careful of who they drag into their fights.” The bartender grumbles. Nayden rubs his head, “If need be I will knock them all out.” He hiss through grit teeth as his head swam.

• Yay