Open Chronicles Free Return to Elbion!

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Ashieron

Dragon Keeper Founder/“Leader”
Character Biography
Link
Pain shot through his chest, waking up with a startle he grasps his chest sweat pouring down his face. Looking around the man sighs and lays back down in the small nest of blankets he made himself. Another nightmare. He’d look at his hands and sees that one of them was glowing white, what appeared to be shattered flesh ran up his arm, torso, neck and up his left cheek. It got worse.
What was his name again? Ash? Yeah that seemed right. He’d roll over onto his knees and get up. With a bit of a light headed stumble Ash finds his feet again. How long has it been? Years? Months? Days? Those were quests that he would find out soon. Reaching around he finds a cloak and drapes it over himself, using its hood to smother out the light coming from his new magic with its darkness.

Running his hands together, a beautiful pair of gloves form over his hands. He’d step out into the open and came to find an incredibly crowded street. One which he had recalled at Elbion. “It is as busy as ever.” He whispers before setting out. What should he do now that he had completed one of his tasks? Ash thought not really feeling hungry. He’d look towards the adventures guild. Maybe.

Feeling as though it was too soon for him to try his hand at fighting again. Ash makes a stop over to the medicinal supplier. It seemed to be the same cranky dwarf he ran into with his old friend hundreds of years ago.

“Why, you are a nasty sight for sore eyes.” The dwarf grumbles snapping her fingers, “Don’t think I would not remember that air about you elf. Now get what you need and get going.” She snaps at him returning to her organizing.

Ash shakes his head and gets a few herbs that help with sleep and nightmares. The dwarf looks at him up and down before begrudgingly taking his payment and shooing him away. He left happily.

As he made his way through the streets, he remembered the note he was supposed to leave for Jirou. Smiling a bit thinking about his old friend, the one who helped him out and the one he used to attain his old powers all over again. Ash felt a fear tears brim his eyes but he wiped them away. There was no time to cry about the past. He felt a calling, on which he did not feel before.

Stopping by Jirou’s house he leaves a note on the kitchen table saying:

Jirou,

You are probably pissed, angry and upset. But please try not to be, but you have every god damn right to be. I’m not dead. But you should understand what I was trying to teach you, in a.... rather twisted way. That you cannot save all of those who fall under possession. I tried long ago to help my dearest friend Rysa when we were sent on a mission to get Siren’s Tongue from an location I dare not disclose. I was afflicted also but gods know I tried to save her before sub-coming to the dangerous things affects as well. Those images have haunted me for well over three hundred years. Seeing her eyes dull, both of us with blackness flowing from our own bodies.

Though it is never your fault if you cannot save someone. It is the fault of the devil, spirit or ghost whom had possessed the body. Pray for the soul lost, then continue on with life. If you let it eat you, you will go insane. At least take that advice from someone who has lived different lives over a thousand years over and over again.

I believe you will have the resolve to continue on, and hopefully if you wish. We can meet again. I will not force the meeting, you will have to be the one who contact me. Best wishes friend, and remember, if you need a hand in something all you have to do is ask. I have left a ritual circle on a piece of paper for you to burn if the need arises.

~Sincerely,

Ash

Ash smiles as he wrapped up his note and left it on the table, along with a few boxes of nice teas and some coin he had stored. Without looking back he puts his hood back over his head and goes to explore Elbion once more. Without the worry of the guards hunting him down, nor the thought of Devil taking hold again. He felt free.

Kiara was back at Elbion city after a long adventure. Looking for a lost magic item had proved to be a bit harder than she thought. Anyway, her task was completed, so it was time to return home. Before she could take a break and rest, she still needed to report her findings to the magic college high council and fill the report. Finishing her duties, she was free to take a well deserved break, at least, until the college knew about some other item and decide to send her to retrieve it.

As she walked through the college corridors, a nostalgia feeling fell upon her. Everything looked the same, nothing had changed, it was like time didn't pass in that place. She remembered that in the past, she used to feel trapped inside those same walls. Maybe something had changed, since now she felt quite happy to be back, that place was no longer her golden cage. It felt like home.
It was nice to be able to keep the best of both worlds. The outside world, where she was free, without limits or anything to hold her back, to be able to explore and go on her own adventures. And the college, the place that took her in and saw her growing, the place she called home, and no matter what, she would always feel safe there. Furthermore, this was the place where her former mentor and guardian lived, Professor Hellius Chronos. It was him that she missed the most, so now that she had free time, she wouldn't miss the opportunity to see him.

Kiara was in the middle of the city plaza, doing some errands for her guardian. There were some things that would never change, no matter how much time passes. She didn't mind. In fact, she loved to assist him in any way that she could. The elf was already carrying some supplies in a small bag, checking one more time the little list that Hellius had given her. She still needed to buy some more items before returning to the college, so better to keep moving.

Last edited: