Fate - First Reply Finn's Fantastic Airship Service

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
She bade him come, and so he stepped closer, his eye on the distant horizon where darkness spread, but the space around them glowed warm still. Soft oranges mixed with the hues of encroaching night.

"Does the wind always sound so... clear," he found himself blurting out as he gazed upon the world before them. Just beyond the prow of the airship. Little wonder that it was. Finn gestured to the wheel, and the motion caught his hunter's eye. He tracked down, and saw the wheel, how it moved on its own, ever so with the wind's pull.

His hands wrapped around the handles, and he felt the ship steady with his own sure grip. As the wind pushed, so too did the ship pull to follow its force. Garrod made sturdy his hold, and corrected their direction. Heading. That's what she just called it.

He gave a nod of understanding. "Of course," he agreed. "Avoid the big scary things," he smirked, with a hint of laugh in his throat. "Usually I go after them," he stood in a brief silence as the air rippled across the canvas of the billows. Orange gold and red lights seemed to flicker, ever so gently as fire crackled and stirred. Garrod cleared his throat. Not used to such peaceful silence. "Am I doing alright?" he asked, his hands gripped vice tight around the handles of the wheel, his arms too stiff.

Finn

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Finn
She'd make gentle adjustments, carefully not touching him. It was clear she wasn't comfortable with a lot of physical touch. "You're getting it," she observed. Stepping back, she leaned against one of the railings, skinny arms crossing.

Brow crinkled in thought.

"You a monster hunter or something?"

She was curious now. A cross of her boots on the deck, one ankle over the other.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Garrod Arlette
He adjusted his grip, and cleared his throat as he nodded in response. The last thing he wanted was to wreck the mechanical marvel that was currently ferrying them over the expanse of Liadain.

You a monster hunter or something?

His eye glanced over to her, and the upward crook of his lip remained. "
Most of the time, aye," he set his eye back to the horizon. "Take on mercenary work from time to time, and whatever else I can earn a coin or two in. Currently, I seem to be playing the part of a helmsman," he chuckled to himself. "Skyman Garrod," he smiled still, as the wind swept his hair. "Who'da thunk some street kid from Alliria would be steering one of these beauties," he trailed off. He thought about his past for a moment, then his eye slid back to the captain. "What about you, Cap? You built the darn ship, but, well, what came before the ship and the friends?"