Private Tales Family Therapy

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Charity greedily grabbed the flask with both hands and without hesitation, took a long swig. She hadn't ever tasted alcohol like that before. It was strong and bitter, but she liked it. Charity coughed and sputtered as she put the flask back on the table.

Faust had to be the coolest, toughest woman she had ever met. Charity looked at her sister in loving awe, her eyes following the paths her tattoos took around her body.
She gave an approving smirk. “Dragon fire whiskey. My taverns special.” She said with a chuckle at the face her young sister made at first. “A drop of real dragon blood in every barrel.” She laughed. “Just don’t ask how old it is..” She said nudging her sibling mischievously.
"I dont really have a set job," she admitted somewhat self-consciously. "I mean I guess I kinda do but its not as stable as being an innkeeper. I'm a thief by trade and Daddy keeps me busy with all the jobs I could want. Occasionally I'll work for Mother or Isak, but unless Daddy needs me for something, I'm pretty much free to do as I want."
“Ah..” Faust said noting her self-consciousness and ruffling her hair reassuringly. “That was how I started out. Those were the days...” she said reflectively. “So don’t worry, your doing fine. Enjoy the time you have.” She said before glancing at Elirias as she began to speak.

"What business does Isak bring to your inn?" She asked, trying not to sound concerned, though she couldn't help it. "We are in the process of transforming the upstairs here into an inn. Perhaps you could give us some tips for success...or at least a way to keep trouble out of here. I swear I attract it like a magnet." She laughed sadly, sipping her tea and allowing Charity to share her life story with the girl.
“Why do you ask?” Faust said shifting herself from Charity to the white haired priestess. Placing an arm around her pulling her close. Her smell wouldn’t turn her stomach now though. A heavy scent of anything she enjoyed would seem to loft around her. Her eyes narrowing like a cat finding a string. Zeroing in on the ill concealed concern and slight fear in the question.

Her hazy grey eye would shift to whatever color Elirias found the most comforting. “Something about me spending time with him bother you?” She pressed.

Pulling her closer.

One arm going around her shoulder.

The other sliding up her leg to clasp her hand. It was simply them in the world now. Seconds stretched to minutes. Around them was darkness.

Her lips found her neck gently. Her fear and concern draining away. But something more was happening...Something..

“Faustian.” The sharpness of the word cut through the darkness snapping everything back into focus.

Faust was where she had always been.

The scent back to its normal obnoxious smell. Faust had not moved from where she had been sitting previously. Her arm still around Charity who seemed to be hugging it too tightly to move it at the moment. “She is your sister.” Gwen said with a frown.

“Sorry..Sorry..” Faust said with a chuckle. “I’m a bit hungry. I can get a little primal at times. Demon blood in me. Apologies again.” She said with an embarrassed shrug.

“Isak uses my inn and tavern as a meeting place. No one knows my connection with mother so it allows him to set a neutral meeting place that isn’t in reality. His rivals are at ease and he has the upper hand if it goes south. He pays me well. I stay on my side of the city. Win win.” Faust said placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Until we started hearing rumors about you there was a running betting pool he got off fucking sacks of treasure. In fact you cost me 49 gold I do believe.” Faust said with a laugh giving Elirias’s shoulder a squeeze and slapping Charity on the back.

“And yes I do have a few tips and a couple of trusted contractors I could point you towards if you wish.” she said with a silver tinted grin.

"I...well I'm just a healer." Eilerias shrugged, eating another chocolate. "I work in the Church of Light as a priestess, but Gwen also has me working to keep everyone here alive.....Though, I'm not sure which is more difficult with Urchin showing up every other day needing my services now."

“Healing is a Nobel art. Takes a lot of skill don’t be ashamed. There aren’t enough of your type out in the world if yah know what I mean.” She said with a wink.

"Faust! Faust!" Charity exclaimed excitedly tugging at her sleeve. "You look like you're super strong! Are you stronger than Jexa and Angelica? I wish I could fight you just to see how strong you really are! And how do you fight in a dress? Aren't you worried that people will see your underpants?”
“Yes, yes sister I hear you.” The demon said with a chuckle. “Do I?” Her chuckle became a genuine laugh. “Ah Jexi still alive? Seems I keep losing bets. Father always kept her close. She not the strongest but she is the most loyal and reliable. I have beaten her on a couple of occasions though...in friendly wagers. Mother did enjoy pitting us against eachother at times.” She laughed but there was a slight edge of resentment in her statement. “And I don’t fight in a dress. I didn’t come here dressed to fight. Let’s save it for another-.” She began.

Oh! And what happened to your teeth? I wish I had metal teeth too! Good for biting things I bet!"
She halted what she was saying. Gwen shot Charity a warning look her eyes widening.
“On second thought.” She said quietly. Pulling her arm free. Her voice was no longer warm and cheerful.

“Maybe we could spar a little.” She said ignoring Elirias pleas as she began standing up. Waving a hand over her dress as it shifted and twisted into simple leather leggings and a simple shirt.

The look in her eye said there would be no excuses to get her out of this.

Even Gwen was remaining silent.

“Why do you ask?” Faust said shifting herself from Charity to the white haired priestess. Placing an arm around her pulling her close. Her smell wouldn’t turn her stomach now though. A heavy scent of anything she enjoyed would seem to loft around her. Her eyes narrowing like a cat finding a string. Zeroing in on the ill concealed concern and slight fear in the question.

Her hazy grey eye would shift to whatever color Elirias found the most comforting. “Something about me spending time with him bother you?” She pressed.

"I...uh...oh!" She exclaimed as Faust pulled her close. She let go of the breath she was holding, only to be met with cinnamon replacing the woman's previously offensive odor. She looked away from Faust as she was questioned.

"N-no! I was just curious!" She lied as the woman interrogated her, moving to grab one of her hands and pull her even closer. It was unlike her to be jealous, but still she couldn't help but feel that way towards her new sister.

Her lips found her neck gently. Her fear and concern draining away. But something more was happening...Something..

"What..what are you doing?" She questioned as Faust moved to her neck. Rather than fight back, she started to feel more comfortable in her arms, allowing her to continue until Gwen interrupted.

She looked around. Charity was still attached to Faust, Gwen looked almost disappointed from across the table. Eilerias nodded as Faust apologized, but looked away, back to stirring her tea. "It's alright, no hard feelings." She reassured her.

Isak uses my inn and tavern as a meeting place. No one knows my connection with mother so it allows him to set a neutral meeting place that isn’t in reality. His rivals are at ease and he has the upper hand if it goes south. He pays me well. I stay on my side of the city. Win win.” Faust said placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Until we started hearing rumors about you there was a running betting pool he got off fucking sacks of treasure. In fact you cost me 49 gold I do believe.” Faust said with a laugh giving Elirias’s shoulder a squeeze and slapping Charity on the back.

"I see," Eilerias flinched as her hand met her shoulder. She was more confused than anything, despite her response. Isak never mentioned the place, and she wasn't sure why. He was allowing her to join him at meetings, so were these secret meetings he didn't tell her about? "What do you mean it's not in reality? And how long has he been using your place? I find it odd he's never mentioned it to me." She sipped her tea, looking back at the elf.

Her face went bright red with Faust's next comment. "Rumors? Oh dear." She laughed awkwardly. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to cost you so much gold! Please let me pay you back."

She halted what she was saying. Gwen shot Charity a warning look her eyes widening.
“On second thought.” She said quietly. Pulling her arm free. Her voice was no longer warm and cheerful.

“Maybe we could spar a little.” She said ignoring Elirias pleas as she began standing up. Waving a hand over her dress as it shifted and twisted into simple leather leggings and a simple shirt.

Eilerias looked towards Gwen, silently begging her to stop the two of them from ruining even more of the club, but she was ignored.

How am I going to explain this to Isak and Ogden when they get back? They're going to kill me.

She gave an approving smirk. “Dragon fire whiskey. My taverns special.” She said with a chuckle at the face her young sister made at first. “A drop of real dragon blood in every barrel.” She laughed. “Just don’t ask how old it is..” She said nudging her sibling mischievously.
"Whiskey? Its a shame that I haven't ever tried it before now! Its a million times better than ale! Hey sis! Can I get a barrel -or maybe ten barrels- of this?" Charity asked Faust excitedly.

“Ah..” Faust said noting her self-consciousness and ruffling her hair reassuringly. “That was how I started out. Those were the days...” she said reflectively. “So don’t worry, your doing fine. Enjoy the time you have.”
"You were a thief too?! Did you like it? I think its super fun and never would want to do anything else! Do you still work for Daddy or are you just an innkeeper now?" Charity took another deep swig of the whiskey. "Wait... What do you mean "Enjoy the time I have"? Will I have to get a real job at some point?" Charity asked fearfully.

“Maybe we could spar a little.” She said ignoring Elirias pleas as she began standing up.
Charity grumbled as Faust yanked her arm out of Charity's grip, but grinned madly as Faust agreed to spar with her. "Wait! REALLY? HELL YEAH!" She rose from her seat and shadowboxed the air, comepletly oblivious to her sister's cold tone, and the wide-eyed look from her mother.

Removing her sweater and throwing it to the floor, Charity moved to the center of the room and faced her sister in her chest wrapping and shorts. She took up a defensive stance, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. "C'mon! C'mon! Let's do this!"

Last edited:
  • Stressed
Reactions: Eilerias
Charity grumbled as Faust yanked her arm out of Charity's grip, but grinned madly as Faust agreed to spar with her. "Wait! REALLY? HELL YEAH!" She rose from her seat and shadowboxed the air, comepletly oblivious to her sister's cold tone, and the wide-eyed look from her mother.

"No, please." Eilerias turned her attention to Charity as she shot out of her chair. "Charity! Not. inside." She begged the two girls, only for her pleas to go ignored. She sighed sadly, finishing the last drops of the tea she made for herself from the herbs Urchin had been bringing her.

Removing her sweater and throwing it to the floor, Charity moved to the center of the room and faced her sister in her chest wrapping and shorts. She took up a defensive stance, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet. "C'mon! C'mon! Let's do this!"

She stood shortly after Charity had thrown her sweater and walked behind her, picking it up and folding it and setting it on the table. She took her seat once again and grabbed Gwen's hand. "I think they've gone deaf." She cracked a little smile, looking out of place on her tired face. "You can hear me, right? Please can you distract me so I don't kill either of them? I've been cleaning for days and still the place still looks like a tornado ran through."

• Cry
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne