Private Tales Falling Snow..

Rhist

Bandit
Rhist seemed entirely unbothered by the look she gave him.

"Yes I did." The answer came after the second comment, cutting off her question of who he was. It was something she would likely ever get an answer to, especially if this trip was as quick as he planned.

Fingers tightened for a few seconds, and then he continued to speak. "Tying them up could mean someone finding them, releasing them, and then I would have to kill them all the more savagely."

Except it would be more difficult.

"Or." He proposed. "An animal would happen upon them, crush them, eat them piece by piece."

A shrug rolled over his shoulders. "I granted them a mercy."

• Cthulhoo rage
Reactions: Willa

Willa

Kaldrrinn Einn
Character Biography
Link
"No, you're just a damned coward. There's nothing merciful about you." she growled, tears welling in her eyes again. Instead of taking a step forward, she took one back from him.

"Where are you taking me?" she asked, since he hadn't answered her first question. She didn't particularly care for his name anyway. She glanced at the river through the copse of trees and looked back at him, waiting for him to answer, her icy gaze staring at him with sheer loathing and revulsion.

"What are you getting out of this?" her head shook.. "I have coin, valuables. And I know where you can get more, if you let me go I'll tell you. You can have all of it. Nobody needs to know.." she reasoned desperately.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Rhist

Rhist

Bandit
"Are you going to be constantly speaking?" He asked with a frown.

Usually they didn't try to talk so much, either silenced by fear or already knowing that any conversation they might want to have wouldn't be very fruitful. His fingers tightened for a moment and he stopped himself from reaching towards the knife.

They wanted her alive. "I am taking you where they want."

His eyes glanced through the forest, shifting for a moment to ensure that they were on the right path and then putting his hand on her shoulder as he heard the sounds of a cart within the distance.

"I suggest you do not speak, or back up whatever story I tell." He said firmly. "Otherwise another life will be lost because of you."

• Scared

Willa

Kaldrrinn Einn
Character Biography
Link
Willa's lips pressed into a thin line at his question, deciding that not answering was probably for the best or he'd gag her again. She huffed instead, drawing him a venomous glare rather than asking any more questions for now.

She went rigid as his hand fell upon her shoulder and she pulled it away from him with a scowl and turned toward the sound of someone else on the road. Her hopes soared for a moment, perhaps there were soldiers, mages, anyone who could help her. She planned on ignoring his warning in favour of possible escape, but his latter words caused her shoulders to sag slightly and her gaze fell..

Because of you..

The blood would be on her hands as much as his, and she wasn't sure she could live with the guilt. If she'd felt hopeless before, she felt more so knowing that she couldn't ask for help even if it appeared in front of her. She gave a brief nod in understanding, and kept her gaze downcast as they continued along the road toward the approaching cart.

• Bless

Rhist

Bandit
The wagon came a few seconds later, two men sitting on what appeared to be a simple hay cart. Rhist did not see anyone else among them, and slowly he stepped half forward, still remaining mostly behind Willa as he waved in greeting.

"Hello there!" A pep clung to the Bandit's tone, one that would likely be utterly shocking for Willa. Before his voice had been flat, dead, as though no emotion was presented from him at all.

"We seem to have gotten somewhat lost." He said. "We're looking for Kysleth?"

The two men looked at one another.

"You're about two days walk away son..."

Rhist already knew that. "Ah I see."

"How'd you manage to get all the way out here on foot? Ain't nothing this way."

Willa

Kaldrrinn Einn
Character Biography
Link
Willa tried to look as casual and comfortable as she could despite her hands being bound behind her. His presence at her back made her nervous however, and she couldn't help but frown at how friendly he managed to sound.

They looked like a father and son, farmers, not soldiers or warriors. Her heart sank, but she forced a small smile at their answer and cleared her throat.. "Wheel broke on the wagon yesterday. It's alright though, we enjoy the walk.. More of an adventure.." she assured with a polite nod and a quaint chuckle.

"Thank you.." she smiled, and her stare lingered for a little longer than necessary before she cleared her throat.. "Safe journey to you both.." she dipped her chin.

• Devil

Rhist

Bandit
There was a pause as both men looked at them, and then the older of the two just offered them a nod. "Let us step aside."

Rhist said as he reached out and grabbed Willa.

His touch was surprisingly gentle, not manhandling her but instead guiding her to step back and move to the side of the road so that the two Farmers would not be gated off by them standing right in the middle of where their wagon needed to go.

"Have a pleasant day." Rhist said as he waved to the both of them.

The Farmer gave him an odd lingering look, eyes clearly fixed on the mask still covering half of his face. For a moment it appeared as though he wasn't going to move, and then his son gently nudged him and the wagon began to crawl forward.

• Cry

Willa

Kaldrrinn Einn
Character Biography
Link
Willa wanted desperately to ask for their help, she could feel it written on her face and so she forced the warmest smile she could muster, the strain of it causing her eyes to well with tears and so she dropped her gaze from the two as she stepped back with Rhist, her shoulders sagging with the feeling of hopelessness.

She kept her gaze averted until the wagon started to move, and she looked up to watch them leave, gravity pulling a tear from her lashes which ran down her cheek..

“I thought we were going north…” Willa spoke quietly with a frown in confusion.

• Devil

Rhist

Bandit
Rhist glanced at her for a moment, scowling only slightly as he peered at her. Generally speaking he did not like them to know where they were going, but there had been little choice here.

The Farmers had needed the truth, a kernel of it at least. "We are "

He told her after a few more seconds of silence. His fingers curled for a few seconds, tracing over his outer thigh as he considered for a moment whether to say more. Then he gently nudged her back onto the road to begin their journey again.

"Sometimes." He told her cryptically. "One must go one way to go another."

His eyes briefly glanced towards her, expression never changing.

It course the truth of the matter was far less mysterious than he made it out to be. Kysleth was just a stop over point, a place where a ship was waiting for them. One crewed by men that he had already paid.

• Cry