Private Tales Doro's Conflict

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Adriwolf

The town of Doro was disastrous as far as he has heard, he would spend most of his time in big lands like Allir or Falwood. Those were his types of place. However, he couldn't resist the price of the job. Enough gold coins to keep in him in wealth for around 5 years. All of the other jobs he had taken would pay him to last around a month or two, but THIS was an opportunity he couldn't waste. Besides, it might be interested to see the world outside of his comfort zone. He was a werewolf after all, one that loves to take challeneges... if the reward is good, that is. And the reward seemes MORE than perfect. He read the bounty, the one paper that no one else in Alliria took, apparently, it was a bit too much of a challenge.
The lone wolf took the paper and read it. At first glance, it seemed the common thing: a town in distress needing a shinning hero to save it from destruction, been there, ALMOST done that. A town in war, with a wiinning side and two sides that wants to take them down, maybe a common goal, maybe not, whatever was the case, Jaken couldn't help but to avoid the price reward, that should be interesting. If the reward is that big, then it must be one of the biggest jobs he would ever take. The town's location? All the way to the south. On the Eye of Kiva. No wonder why no one decided to take the job, it was on forgotten lands. Isolated, no one around. In other words, you would be on your own if you go there. Other hunters did not took the job since they had other respnsibilites: friends, family, ACTUAL jobs, none of which Jaken had, this was the perfect opportunity. The boat would sail at the docks, in 3 days, at noon. He must get ready to travel to a forgotten eye.

Day 1 was nothing he couldn't handle, planning his moves, getting as much intel as he could from the civilians around, he asked for more details on the conflict: the emperor of Doro: Percival the Third, had commanded an EXTREMELY strict dictatorship, where if anyone who did not fulfilled his whims, would be executed by hanging in public. Were the whims that bad? You could say that: tax increasement of 50%, no couple can have more than a child -even tough there were space and ressources to spare-, any couple with more than one child will be teared down by taking that one extra child and doomed to be hung in public, the worst of all, in front of their parents. The emperor even stablished a day of praying JUST for him. No gods were a thing in Doro, only that little shit that calls himself an emperor. No one could go out of the town, no matter what. And you might think, if everything is so strict, how did that bounty made it out of the place? Well, the one who placed that bounty managed to get it overseas before being executed.
Just the name made Jaken become annoyed. Percival The Third, little brat, probably raised on a wealthy, selfish family that only cared for the money and who most probably stepped on a million corpses -maybe literally- to get to the position of control.

Day 2: Weapon collecting. He had everything he needed, knives, bolts, special bolts, such as tranquilizers, igniting bolts, exploding bolts, toxic bolts, and everything that he could carry on his belt, the only thing he would do on said days is practice and train both in his human form and werewolf form, jumping from rooftop to rooftop as fast as he could.

Day 3: Time to sail. He was on the docks early and boarded the ship that will take him to Doro and get this over with, he had everything he needed, now... it's time to wait for the best. It should be around 5 days to get there, enough for him to still train and get ready for whatever might come.

-4 days later-
Jaken was sleeping on his room when he was woken up by someone kicking his bed. He found a fat pig man staring him down, he probably needed a bath.. or 5....
Jaken growled at the pig man "What?"
"We are here."
"Bullshit." he layed back down "Captain said it would take 5 days to get there."
"That was before Percy took over. He won't allow anyone near. Now get up, we are throwing you out. You'll be going by yourself, that way they won't detect you. Meet the captain outside, at the front of the boat"
The wolf growled, finally getting out of bed, dressing up and taking his gear. He headed out and went to where he was told to. There he met an old human captain.
"I'm sure you've been told why are you here."
"To throw me out?"
"You could say that. There's a life boat waiting for the two of you."
"What?"
"Your partner."
"Someone ellse took the job?"

Aife

"Someone ellse took the job?"

"Yes." Came a female voice from behind him.

If he were to turn around he'd see an average sized woman so far as body and muscle went, but a closer look would show him that her muscles were hard and we'll developed, small and subtle but very much useful. She wore a white linen chestwrap and loincloth that fell to her knees, and around her shoulders was a lionskin cloak. In her hand was a tall axe, a bardiche.

proxy.php

She had long, wavy hair that reached far down her back and she sported one or two minor scars here and there, very skilled, very lucky or she hasn't seen much action.

"I am about as surprised as you are." She said to him, she looked like she was going in only prepared for a fight, nothing else, she was a little underprepared but if she was in dire straits it would explain why she was there

He heard a female talking behind her, he turned around and found what he was expecting. Although, this was female he had never seen before. Most females he had seen had a slightly overweight body, or were skinny, but none of them showed off their muscles, mainly, because they didn't have any. SO this was something Jaken had seen rarely. With a lioncloth on her, the lion with dead eyes and his mouth open, Jaken was slighlty impress to see a woman like this: a warrior, but he did not showed what he though, as his face stayed neutral. He eyed her up and down, and shrugged it off "Whatever, the better had my part as the bounty promised..." he looked at the woman "I work alone, and I can take care of myself, so don't worry for me. Just focus on your part, don't expect me to save your ass ALL the time...."
"Aw, so sweet. Take out the ring already." The werewolf growled at the captain "Now get moving, the lifeboat is there." he pointed at one of the edges of the boat, which had a small life boat, enough to hold around 5 people, with a big engine in there.
Jaken did not say anything to the female and made his way to the boat, getting in "You coming or not?"
Once the female stepped in, the captian let the life boat go, he held tight for impact and once it hit the ground, both the wolf and the warrior were splashed by cold water, well, Jaken not so much, he had clothes that covered a big part of his body. He walked to the engine and started it, once it was one, Jaken took lead and drove West, to where the Doro shore was.
He didn't even tried to talk with the female. It was not of his interest anyway. They were, get to Doro, do the job, get paid, go back, that's it.

Around 4 hours later, whether they established verbal contact or not, Jaken could see the shore. "Get ready, we are here." he took out the information that came along with the bounty, telling them where to go and get info on the task, strategies, and most importantly, payment. They would meet the requestors at the South of Doro, just where the shore was, in a big building with a dome as ceiling, should be big enough for them to see. It was 3 in the morning, he could barely see, but he knew where he waas going, they were aoround 3 km from their destination. However, in a fraction of a second, Jaken saw an explsion near the boat, sending him and the female flying through the air and going under water, he reacted and swam back to surface, he breathed heavily and coughed, his equipment still with him but a bit too heavy for him, he had to keep himself on surface, but the weight would drag him down, he had an idea. he took a deep breath and sank, taking off his clothes, stripping naked and shifting into his wolf self. Fur started to grow in his skin as his muscles started to deform and grow in size. His nails and teeth expanded to reach the size of those of an intimidating and uncontrollable beast. His legs broke outwards and started growing, and growing. His feet deformed and reached the shape of a wolf's. The lower part of his spine stretched out to become a fluffy and big black tail. His mouth expanded to imitate the shape of the snout of a dog's. His eyes became blue slowly, replacing those pure brown eyes into the deep blue ones he possessed. And finally The Marks of Runes started to weakly glow on his back as the transformation was complete. The water hugged him, but he had enough strength to wim back on surface carrying his equipment. He began to swim to shore, looking around trying to find the female. If she was there good for her, if not, then good luck.

• Dab
Reactions: Aife
"Whatever, the better had my part as the bounty promised..." he looked at the woman "I work alone, and I can take care of myself, so don't worry for me. Just focus on your part, don't expect me to save your ass ALL the time...."
"Aw, so sweet. Take out the ring already." The werewolf growled at the captain "Now get moving, the lifeboat is there." he pointed at one of the edges of the boat, which had a small life boat, enough to hold around 5 people, with a big engine in there.

(Did the medieval era have engines?)

“So don’t worry about it if you die. Got it.” She said with a grin. She hopped from the railing of the little schooner and onto the smaller lifeboat. She wrapped herself in her fur cloak to avoid splash, but ultimately it didn’t much bother her, she had lived up in the mountains, so cold didn’t bother her very much at all.

Once the female stepped in, the captian let the life boat go, he held tight for impact and once it hit the ground, both the wolf and the warrior were splashed by cold water, well, Jaken not so much, he had clothes that covered a big part of his body. He walked to the engine and started it, once it was one, Jaken took lead and drove West, to where the Doro shore was.
He didn't even tried to talk with the female. It was not of his interest anyway. They were, get to Doro, do the job, get paid, go back, that's it.

So she was splashed, her hair was wetted by the splashing water, but holding onto the boat wasn’t really something that was necessary. She didn’t bother talking to him either, she wouldn’t not talk to him, but she didn’t feel like this was the opportune time.

Around 4 hours later, whether they established verbal contact or not, Jaken could see the shore. "Get ready, we are here." he took out the information that came along with the bounty, telling them where to go and get info on the task, strategies, and most importantly, payment. They would meet the requestors at the South of Doro, just where the shore was, in a big building with a dome as ceiling, should be big enough for them to see. It was 3 in the morning, he could barely see, but he knew where he waas going, they were aoround 3 km from their destination. However, in a fraction of a second, Jaken saw an explsion near the boat, sending him and the female flying through the air and going under water, he reacted and swam back to surface, he breathed heavily and coughed, his equipment still with him but a bit too heavy for him, he had to keep himself on surface, but the weight would drag him down, he had an idea. he took a deep breath and sank, taking off his clothes, stripping naked and shifting into his wolf self. Fur started to grow in his skin as his muscles started to deform and grow in size. His nails and teeth expanded to reach the size of those of an intimidating and uncontrollable beast. His legs broke outwards and started growing, and growing. His feet deformed and reached the shape of a wolf's. The lower part of his spine stretched out to become a fluffy and big black tail. His mouth expanded to imitate the shape of the snout of a dog's. His eyes became blue slowly, replacing those pure brown eyes into the deep blue ones he possessed. And finally The Marks of Runes started to weakly glow on his back as the transformation was complete. The water hugged him, but he had enough strength to wim back on surface carrying his equipment. He began to swim to shore, looking around trying to find the female. If she was there good for her, if not, then good luck.

A loud crack, weightlessness then sudden cold. She hadn’t let go of her weapon, but the sudden cold and wet feeling of being underwater shocked her, not in a bad way or a good way, it was definitely washing away all remaining grogginess though. She kicked her way to the surface and sucked in a breath, she looked around, found the shore, then looked about for her companion. What she saw surprised her, he was naked, having previously been clothed, but that’s wasn’t the surprise, he was shifting, his bones and limbs reshaping, and he turned into something much bigger, still humanoid, but bigger and furrier.

(idk, just imagine a SUPER primitive engine)

“So don’t worry about it if you die. Got it.”
"Yep! Don't worry about me, I won't die." he said without facing her, not giving a shit of the female wanted to get back at him or not. She could tease him all she wanted, that won't stop Jaken from doing the job he was hired to. Besides, the reward was worth it, 5 years of wealth, 5 years of pretty much doing nothing and focus on other things like.... well, he had nothing to focus on, but some vacations would be nice for him. After being on the front lines of bounty hunting for some years, he needed a break and some time to enjoy himself. And if that meant having to deal with her, then screw it.

Once in the water, he saw the female swimming back to surface, he swam to her and yelled at her "GET TO THE SHORE!!!" he swam, due to his strength, he could do faster swims, however explosions were still coing his way, probably because whoever was shooting could see a big, black, furry monster making his way through the water, he wouldn't risk, he took a deep breath and went underwater, the sound of the explosions being muffled by the water and his fur getting washed by the ocean, he would look back to see the female trying to catch up with him.
He would have to go to surface, breath and go back down, continuing with the explosions. After around 14 minutes of repeteing the cycle, the explosions stopped, he resurfaced and took a deep breath, less than half a kilometer from shore, he swam to shore, dropped his gear and layed down on the sand, breathing and getting his air back.

• Love
So he confirmed for her not to worry about him, great!

Then when she reached the surface he shouted the obvious in her ear. Get to shore, no, she never woulda thunk it.

Either way she swam that way, using her legs and her right arm she was able to swim decently fast and reach the shore some seven minutes after he did. She leaned on her bardiche for support and panted from the effort of swimming so far.

Looking back she saw only debris, and assumed that either a catapult or a mage had destroyed their boat. But that hardly mattered, now they were stuck on the island, and they had no way to call for help, things were about to get serious.

He breathed more at shore, getting his air back, his fur starting to get heavy due to the water, but he wouldn't shake it off... not now at least, he closed his eyes and relaxed for a bit, he sat on the shore and saw the woman laying on the shore, he got up and walked towards her, crouching at her. "You alive?" he shook her gently. "See... told you I wouldn't die. You ok?" he helped her body go deeper into land, far away from the ocean, letting the destoyed life boat sink, and the night covering the lands they came from, they were far gone. Now they were trapped in here.

After a while of getting their air back, he stood up, walked some meters away and shook off the water like a dog, although, he hated to appear like a doog in front of others, his heavy fur would be a problem in case they need to run, he looked back, observing the long forest they would have to go through to get to the rendevouz point. He sighed and carried his gear on his back. "Follow me."

They walked through the woods, the teig crushing beneath their feet -for Jaken, technically, it was back paws- the leaves falling on them and the calm breeze making the trees sing for them with their leaves and branches: he remembered why he loved forests so much. In a matter of minutes, they heard voices coming from the east -right where they were heading-, he crouched and followed them, spotting a camp. Were they the ones he they needed to meet? He looked closer and saw the symbol of the dictator, banners with it and weapons. No, they were not it. These were Percival men. He looked back at the female "Alright lady, show me what you can do. How do you want to take on this assholes?"

• Sip
He breathed more at shore, getting his air back, his fur starting to get heavy due to the water, but he wouldn't shake it off... not now at least, he closed his eyes and relaxed for a bit, he sat on the shore and saw the woman laying on the shore, he got up and walked towards her, crouching at her. "You alive?" he shook her gently. "See... told you I wouldn't die. You ok?" he helped her body go deeper into land, far away from the ocean, letting the destoyed life boat sink, and the night covering the lands they came from, they were far gone. Now they were trapped in here.

“No,” She said sarcastically, “I was blown into several small bits of meat and bone.”

She accepted his help though, and for a few seconds stumbled further ashore, until she could stand up again. Once she could stand, she used her bardiche to support her until she was no longer off balance. And she continued to walk with the wolf-man into the forest. He went to retrieve his things and returned, instructing her to follow him, as though she had many other options.

They walked through the woods, the teig crushing beneath their feet -for Jaken, technically, it was back paws- the leaves falling on them and the calm breeze making the trees sing for them with their leaves and branches: he remembered why he loved forests so much. In a matter of minutes, they heard voices coming from the east -right where they were heading-, he crouched and followed them, spotting a camp. Were they the ones he they needed to meet? He looked closer and saw the symbol of the dictator, banners with it and weapons. No, they were not it. These were Percival men. He looked back at the female "Alright lady, show me what you can do. How do you want to take on this assholes?"

She trudged behind him, quiet but relaxed. The rustle of leaves was so familiar to her, her home having been the forests of The Spine, that it wasn’t almost entrancing. That is until he stopped her. She listened closely, and she heard the voices.

They found a camp, an enemy camp. And she was asked how she wanted to handle it. She said simply, “well, let’s kill them. What else?”

“No,” She said sarcastically, “I was blown into several small bits of meat and bone.”
"Then don't mind me eating you. Even though I only eat animal meat, survival is survival. Now, come on..."

"Just like that? Launching ourselves to danger without planning? That's stupid.... no... this is an organized camp... we need an organized plan to go against them.... hmm.." he looked around, there were two guards at the further side of the camp, to their left, there, they had a clear area of the whole camp, so if any f them decided to go for the ones at the center, they would most likely get discovered by the ones on the left. They had to go out first, he pointed at them "We must take them out, they are the most dangerous to us, we msut ake the out with stealth, snap their necks or something, after that... then maybe we could.... take down those." he pointed at 4 guards handling weapons like bows, sladges hammers and swords "Might as wellt ake some loot from it.... and some food." he pointed at the 3 skinned rabbits being cooked by the classical stick-up-their-butts-out-of-their-mouth over a fire "Also taking out them will be a good idea." he pointed at guards with long battle horns "They could raise alert..... hmm... this is interesting." he noticed that the guards were on the left side, while the battle horns were on the right, if both went for a side, they would be busted "We need to take those two out at the same time without alerting the weapon watch.... I can go for the horn battle ones, maybe I could also break the horns and stay out of danger... can you handle the two other guards?

He explained the plan, and she was asked if she could handle the two guards pointed out, and she hefted her bardiche. "Of course."

She couldn't deny, he was a lot smarter than she gave him credit for. So she thought his instructions shouldn't be bad to follow. So she got into position and waited for him to make his move. Once he did, her large ax went to work, cleaving one man's head in two and she punched the second before yanking her ax free then cutting the second man's head off. Once that was done she looked about and searched for more enemies to cut down.

She loved fighting, very much so. And the feel of fresh blood on her skin, her arms, face, belly, it was soothing.