Private Tales Call of the Wild

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Achates

Best Girl
Character Biography
Link
The afternoon was unintentionally dull. It had been so long since the elven girl had been outdoors, moving along its landscape free. Achates found her mind plagued with the same dream every night, and it played over and over again till she couldn’t take it. It always woke her and prevented her from falling back to sleep in fear of seeing the dream once more.

A hand opened as she sat in the middle of one of the standard rooms. Fingers blocked out the high sun that cracked through the open roof of the Empire’s palace. Sunshine was all that would supplement her for the time being, until she could find a way to fulfill the dream she had. Her hand fell, and her eyes closed, seeing the darkness falling over the desert.

The young half-elf smiled wide as she let her sleepless invader become a playful daydream. Between the beds of her paws that were once fingers, she felt the cooling scorched sand. It had been so long, but she still remembered the feeling of the sand shifting with her weight as she ran. Oh, what a glorious feeling to allow oneself to give in to the primal instincts, yet, she could not allow herself to feel that way, not for the time being.

Exhaling softly, she opened her eyes and stared up at the sun once more - her hand covering her eyes as she wished to give in to the beast that remained dormant inside. As she laid on the cushions of the room, she ran her fingers through the silken wraps that she had traded for her typical cloth clothing. She felt exposed, and she wondered how much longer she would be a pretty thing to admire.

Boredom continued to play on her mind as she groaned loudly, wondering if anyone even cared to hear her.

Uvogin

• Wonder
Reactions: Halul
In a somewhat secluded spot deep within the palace's halls, there was a grand office attached to an even grander room. The office belonged to the Captain of the Immortals, though he rarely used it. His business often took him to the Madrasa of War, and when he was not overseeing the training of the young conscripts, he instead patrolled the halls.

Currently, he found himself without anything to do. The conscripts were conducting a days-long drill that did not need his constant presence to carry out. Even the dutiful Captain could only patrol for so long, so he instead found himself wandering to places that he normally didn't. Despite knowing where things were within the palace, there was still much he hadn't actually seen with his own eyes.

Many of the private quarters given to the viziers and other notables were left unused, though some were. As he walked, Uvogin briefly peeked his head into the vacant rooms to get a look. As he passed by one that was used however, he could hear a groan from even the hall outside.

He was wholly devoted to his duties, and therefore often came across as rude or inconsiderate. The masked man partway stepped into Achate's private courters and called out.

"Is everything well?"

• Wonder
Reactions: Achates
Hearing the voice, she quickly stood up and adjusted her clothing – attempting to be as casual as possible. “Um,” embarrassment crossed her face as she avoided eye contact with the Commander. “Yes, I’m okay. I just wasn’t aware there were people around.” Fingertips brushed back stray strands of hair as she finally looked up and offered Uvogin a smile.

“I don’t think we’ve properly met, Commander.” The girl moved with an elven grace with each step, avoiding a cushion then a step towards him. “My name is Achates Fey, Gerra appointed me as Vizir of Treasury.”

Few steps more and she offered her hand to the man. “Pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.”

• Bless
Reactions: Halul
“Yes, I’m okay. I just wasn’t aware there were people around.”

“I am everywhere,” he droned through the mask in a poor attempt at humor.

He watched as she fluttered towards him and as if swayed by the gracefulness of her movements, stood at attention as she came to a half in front of him and smiled.

He nodded once, “We have not.” Though, he has seen the half-elf on several occasions.

Few steps more and she offered her hand to the man. “Pleasure to finally make your acquaintance.”

He looked down at the hand for a moment, then removed his glove before carefully taking her hand into his. It was dainty and her fingers were long and slender. Her skin was much softer than the Immortal’s large, rough hand.

Uvogin Hill, Captain of the Immortals. The pleasure is mine, Achates Fey.”

• Wonder
Reactions: Achates