Private Tales Brontide

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
“That’s one way to motivate students,” Willis said. “Have them hate you because you’re very rich.” Of all of the nobles he met, Philippa was the first person who showed compassion in her own way. She didn’t use her status to boost herself up though being a legacy student likely helped her, Philippa is at least aware of the limitations of being a noble. Other nobles claim that they can sympathize with the common people but end up neglecting them.

“I’m sure it is,” Willis shrugged finishing his soup. “How many wars started because a noble man cheated on his wife with another from a different family? It’s the nobles who play the games and common people who suffer because of it.”

Phillipa shrugged at his comment, unable to put into words any more of the finer details of why she did what she did. It boiled down to wanting them to do better, but it didn't excuse anything truly. The stares and glares were nothing she wasn't already used to, being born noble and having the position that she did.

On the other hand watching Kara in her match had been a damn sight appeasing to see the student come out on top of that match. It wasn't unexpected that she was going to win, but the way she won had been unexpected. He spoke on nobles once more and she rolled her eyes.

"The lot of males with pedigrees can't keep themselves out of trouble unless everything's shriveled up and useless. Even then it becomes about power rather than taking what they want."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis shrugged at Philppa's remark "I don't know about that Phillipa," he said solemnly. "I've seen plenty of nobles abuse their power to take what they want. No matter what we commoners feel at the end of the day whatever a noble wants, they get."

Which is why sometimes it can get aggravating working for the nobles. Willis doesn't like the rich and powerful but at the same time he needs to get work from them. Whether it's hunting monsters, smuggling or fighting in their war the nobility sees people like Willis as nothing more than pawns in whatever game their playing. If they need a hired sword like Willis, they will pay descent coin for them only discard the sellswords when it's most convient.

It's ironic that some nobles will berate sellswords for being selfish and dishonorable saying that the only thing care about is coin while they themselves commit horrific atrocities which causes thousands of deaths. The only difference is that the nobles can allegedly trace their bloodline to their great grandfather who supposedly did something great. Arrogant pricks, they're worse than a common sellsword nobles have done more harm to the land than a peasant ever could.

"Thinking about the class disparity is making depressed," Willis sighed. "Can I spend the rest of the night talking about pretty you are?"

• Yay
Reactions: Phillipa Ebonheart
She shrugged. "At this point in our conversation, its a round robin of what nobles do." He commented about talking about how pretty she was for the rest of the night, to which she clicked her tongue to.

"You can think on it anyway. I think it is time for us to get some rest. Do you want the first watch or for me to take it while you get some sleep?" She asked quickly.

(OOC Good time for a jump to morning in the next post?)

• Popcorn
"But I rather speak," Willis said finishing the last bits of his soup. "How else can you know how a handsome and talented like me is so into you."

Philippa was right though it was best to get some rest for tonight. Looking at the raven haired beauty, Willis smiled. "You should be the one who should get some rest," Willis said. "I'm a gentlemen and a gentlemen always allows a lady to get their beauty rest."

Willis is experienced in sentry duty having done it in many of his mercenary jobs. It takes a sharp eye to become a good sentry something Willis had. He needed to do a good job as well, if a the enemy made an unexpected flank attack then the it was the sentry is blamed and is either executed or receives multiple lashes. The young man was thankful that he didn't take up soldiering full time.

"Goodnight my beautiful maiden." Willis smirked.

The next morning the smell of eggs and ham filled the air as Willis began cooking a mix of scrambled eggs and some ham slices and served it to a sleeping Philippa. "Good morning!" Willis said. "Eat up! You have to maintain the lovely features have by consuming protein!"

• Yay
Reactions: Phillipa Ebonheart
"I may not have caught the hint after all." She joked with a slight eye roll and a healthy chuckle. Her brow rose a bit at his beauty rest comment, giving a small snorting laugh at it with a shake of her head. She wasn't about to argue however, and allowed him to do so.

"And to you oh handsome cook." She jested, rolling up her pillow beneath her and quickly dozing off. It never took her long to fall asleep, a matter of seconds almost and to others it would seem almost a trained thing.

For her it was almost an integral part of her being. Something that had been put into her from an early age when rest was demanded of her at that moment rather than being allowed a schedule. Not a fond memory or ability, but something that had been invaluable for her later in life.

The smell of food woke her, finding Willis having already prepared her a plate to eat as she stretched. She said nothing as she did so, pulling her sleeves back down over her wrists before checking and correcting the rest of her clothes. Blinking, she took the plate, still not saying anything as she ate.

As if bewitched, she remained silent, eating with an indifferent attitude that seemed to ignore everything around her until she was finished. Once her plate was cleaned, she fully awoke and blinked a few more times before staring at the plate in her hands.

"That was good, thank you." She noted after a few breaths of pause.

• Popcorn