Completed Book One. Nosdyn Saga.

• Thread starter Deleted member 2578
  • Start date
"Skotadi communes with me far more frequently. It is...beginning to affect my mind."

She looked saddened, but not surprised. “Master, with all due respect, I warned you about that demon. I have, luckily been doing some research. I think that there’s a way to silence him, or at least cripple him so that he can’t do you any further harm. It’s risky though, and getting to where we need to be to purge him will take more than shadowstepping. I’ll bring you the tomes, so that you can decide whether it is too risky or not. I urge you to do this Master, if he takes you from us, I don’t know what we can do to stop him. He will likely try to kill your son, to eliminate any contenders. I’m sorry that this happened Master,” she said, getting up from her kneeling position in front of him. She returned with a number of very old, very heavy books and a few scrolls. “Here is where you will find what you need to know.”

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 2578
"No...Velera." He suddenly said. "Skotadi is my burden."

"I may have to go away for a time...or something I don't know. I can't place any of you in danger." He started to cry...he'd always been honest with his emotions towards them. "Let alone my son. I would walk in the sun if that ever happened." And he meant it.

"This is something we have to resolve together." He told Velera. "I've been bonded to Skotadi far too long...since before the mines. I think...I think he was always there."

“Master, we’re here to help ease your burdens. I’m here to help you. Please Master, let me help you. I want you to keep living as you, not as Fear. Please Nosdyn, please let me help you. If you won’t, at least promise me that you will return to us.” She said her eyes welling with tears,

• Love
He watched her...his instructor crying with him.

There was something sincere that touched his Vampire's soul that moment. "We can help each other. Velera. I don't understand why or how but I've been cursed to carry Skotadi. You and Anya are my light." He paused a moment. "I am not going to leave but I will have to step down for the safety of everyone. I won't risk any of you." Nosdyn promised.

"You've already been such a help to me." He told her honestly. "I think if I learn how to command the situation with Skotadi better I can stay on as an advisor." He said to her. He was feeling lost and very alone with a mad creature in his blood.

Velera shook her head sadly. “Anya will likely run things. And she will do well. But you will always be our master, Nosdyn, we will always be yours. I will try to help you suppress him, and once you can control him, we will surrender everything to you again.”

• Love
"Im going to have to reside here but I may isolate myself limiting my contact to only you and Anya." He said carefully. "We need to find answers...I feel like my time is running out."

She nodded, then hugged him closely. “Please promise me that you will try to beat this. You’re a vampire, you haven’t been one for longer than a few years. You should live several more centuries. So please, try to survive.”

• Love
"Its not for my life that I fear Velera...its my mind and my sanity." He hugged her back.

I am with you child now you see. I am always with you... Skotadi said calmly there was actually no malice only a profound victory in his voice. Skotadi was winning the war. Sooner or later that body you have will become mine...no longer yours and you will be my prisoner.

Nosdyn felt a tremendous headache at that point...it occurred every time.

He leaned against Velera. "He is moving against me now." Nosdyn had not felt so lost in a very long time.

“Then let me bring you to the place where we’d can purge him!” She said. “If he is such a threat, let me purge him from you! Please!”

(What is your plan for this?)

• Love
Nosdyn considered what she was saying.

They were both in an emotionally heightened state. "Until I am well please stay with me in the lower dungeon area so I'm not alone." Nosdyn said calmly. His intent was to isolate himself until a solution presented itself. He knew what he was asking Velera...

"We will defeat Skotadi together Velera." Nosdyn said, there was a determination there.

That night...Nosdyn isolated himself with Velera only after explaining to Lady Anya he was now a threat to them. Especially their young son, Conrad. He would remain in isolation until he either defeated Skotadi or the master of fear defeated Nosdyn.

The lower portion of the great Castle was an old dungeon like area of it.

It spanned for many yards.

He and Velera would be safely contained there. Nosdyn sat down once he heard the chamber doors locked and he knew they were trapped with Skotadi.

"I did not want to face this alone, Velera." He told her. "Listen, Velera I want you to promise me that if Skotadi wins for any reason...you will end me. Or at least try to. I need to have your word before we begin." He had sorrow in his eyes.

He calmed down a little after she held him.

"Instructor...what do we do now? How do we battle against Skotadi?"

Hours had passed before he said that. He had a growing concern but had complete trust in Velera and Anya.

"How do we fight an enemy in the blood?" Nosdyn asked of her.

“I’m not your instructor here. I told you that we needed to go somewhere, but I think we might be able to bring enough of it here to fight back.

• Love
He knew how she meant that...they were equals in the dungeon area...

"What must we do?" He asked of his Velera.

"I'm willing to do what must be done." Nosdyn said quietly. He was scared...no...terrified.

Do you think you can undo my work? Your woman knows how powerful I am. Skotadi challenged.

You're in my blood but you are not me. Nosdyn said back. I feel sorry for you Skotadi. You're little more than a parasite.

Careful with your insults child.
Skotadi suddenly attacked Nosdyn...it had begun.

The first round of seizures would occur right in front of Velera....

Velera panicked. Seeing him having the seizure made her even more worried. She put him on his side, as she knew to do. But other than that she couldn’t do much. But over the weeks she would feed him her blood and give him much of her own magic to fight Skotadi. She was not in much better state than he as a result. Anya came down regularly to talk with them, and to offer help.

• Love
There were many different types of battles and wars...

His battle was the mind and soul. Within himself he saw Skotadi...he thought the situation initially could have been a beneficial one. He'd been wrong...there were too many not knowns and variables.

It was clear by that point Skotadi had his own agenda...and it was not a good one.

"What are you planning?" He asked of Skotadi.

"Is it not obvious? You have my body I want it." Skotadi said in response...strangely enough there was no actual malice in his voice.

"Can we not reach an accord here?" Nosdyn asked, he really didn't want to HAVE to fight Skotadi.

"You are brave...I'll grant you that." Skotadi said. "But the union has past. I want your body for myself." Skotadi explained. "You are going to have to be taken out of the picture."

Nosdyn realized his desires to acquire power likely stemmed from this...

"No more threats Nosdyn?" Skotadi asked.

"No. Cause I've already won..." Nosdyn frowned and suddenly grabbed Skotadi.

Velera watched in terror as Skotadi manifested in front of her. She watched Nosdyn struggle, and flew to his side, and began to flood him with her own magic in order to help him in his fight. She gave basically everything she had to offer, and passed out soon after from lack of energy.

• Love
Velera gave Nosdyn the final push he needed to defeat their enemy.

In the grabbing attempt, Skotai strangely enough retained his position and kept his eyes locked on Nosdyn.

"What do you think you have planned? Will you beat me or save your woman?" Skotadi asked of Nosdyn.

Nosdyn had already made his choice. "Well do this as long as it takes for me to defeat you." Nosdyn promised and released Skotadi running to Velera's side.

"My Velera...please hang on." He knelt towards her and proceeded to allow Velera to feed from him. She'd given him the push they needed for him to win that round.

"That is why you are weak." Skotadi taunted as Nosdyn healed his lover.

He held his Velera close. "Velera we need to defeat him together." He didn't want to loose her too it would be too much.

But Skotadi moved against him. "You have a plan do you now, I'm actually quite curious to see what you think you can do here." Skotadi said. He was physically appearing before them both now. Skotadi observed Nosdyn and Velera coldly. "I told you you're weak Nosdyn." Skotadi said and prepared his power.

Nosdyn stood up, he'd had enough. "You are not wrong Skotadi, this ends now." Once again, he grabbed Skotadi physically. "Let's end this like it began Skotadi. Together..."

Skotadi understood faster than Nosdyn would have counted on....he was attempting a banishment technique as Velera had taught him. The two fought...

In the end though Nosdyn banished Skotadi deep within his own blood and it became dormant.

Nosdyn rushed to Velera's side...

Last edited by a moderator:
Velera watched weakly as Nosdyn spoke to her, then to Skotadi. She watched powerless as Nosdyn seized the being, and she tried desperately to get up so that she might help him, but he proved to be stronger than that, and Skotadi was cast away. She slumped back to the floor in relief. And Nosdyn returned to her. “I’ll be fine, Master Nosdyn, what about you? How are you? Are you injured? Hurt? What happened?”

• Love
Many questions were asked at once, but he tried to reply he was just glad it was over...at least with him and Skotadi it was over. Nosdyn suspected Skotadi and those beings like him would find other more willing hosts...

He was exhausted from the ordeal but he knelt before her. "You taught me from our lessons that Skotadi resides within the blood. Though they are powerful, the same rules and laws apply to the blood. I started learning how he operates and does things over time...I simply banished him within an empty cell of my own blood." He explained calmly. "I bound him using the same technique you taught me."

He hugged Velera closely. "Let's just stay down here a while just me and you. We'll return home in due time I must recover my strength and I suspect so do you. Which gives us plenty of time."

She nodded, then smiled, “I think you mean the same technique used on me,” she said tapping her collar. “It is good news, to know that you are well, and free of that monster. Yes, lay with me. Rest, you need it.”

• Love