Beware gutters!

The FallenLeafFiend is here I have to say I am sick of summer. I want autumn to roll around and finally allow me the chance to actually wear clothing without wishing I could get out of them.

I am definitely not new to RPing :) started about 6 years ago and learned English while doing so. It has been an incredibly fun road so far, and I am sure that it is gonna keep being just that for a long time coming. I have found enjoyment pretty much in every genre truth be told often with multiple tries, but I keep my mind open and believe I can add to any idea with my own creative look at it.

I could keep this as propper as it has been so far, letting you see everything you would expect to see in an introduction post but where would be the fun in that? I'll rather write about a fun morning I had.

I recently started working in this lovely beautiful cafe by the side of a river in a peaceful little town stacked full of people who has more money than they know what to do with. The town is just like in a TV show. Beds of flowers everywhere, tiny pretty stores with everything heart could desire on a sunny morning. Starting from a little eclair shop all the way to an ecological packaging-free grocery store run by a local family. It is right on the borderline of being disgustingly perfect. But this story is not about how great the town is, this is about how I discovered a flaw that made me fall in love with this place.

This morning started out stressful, as I had partied last night and woke up ten minutes later than I should have. It might seem a tiny margin for most, but when you have half an hour to get ready for work including a fifteen-minute walk to the train station it suddenly is major. I got myself a hooker shower, leaning over the bath washing my armpits and my bald head hoping I did not scream 'walking hangover' just with one look at me.

I made it to train I even had two minutes to spare so I got myself carbonated water. The large bottle, a whole one, and a half liters. As I said "Hail Hydra" to myself giggling inwardly I managed to finish the whole bottle dooring the seventeen-minute train ride. Felt pretty proud of myself until I got off the train and suddenly I was in need of facilities to relieve myself. I could not be a savage and pee on a tree or somewhere hidden in a bush. Not in this beautiful little town. They probably have spy police for this kind of thing with all the money laid into it. So I found the train station's bathroom. Unlike most buildings in this town, this one did not look new at all. It was this two trailer-sized concrete square with brick-sized tiny windows right below the ceiling level.

Just one look at it and I knew this little building had been built while Mikhail Gorbachev was in power. It radiated this aura of the soviet union, starting from the grey plaster looking like nightingales had laid it on the walls, to the steel door that would fit on a bunker just as nearly as it did on this toilet. Once inside I was greeted by a very distinct smell, of sour sticky nastiness. A salty mix of urine and a smell that would make you think that the only cleaning substance under the sun is water mixed with vinegar. But I still rejoiced, the moment of sweet release had arrived and I have to tell you it was wonderful. All my worries washed away as I flushed. I had made it to the train, I had clenched my thirst and got rid of the pressing matter not allowing me to head straight to work. I thought to myself, this is going to be a good day.

Then I turned around and noticed something very curious about the giant steel door. NO FUCKING HANDLE! Just a little steel square smaller than a pinky where the handle is supposed to go onto. I jerk it, I twist it pull it push it you fucking name it, I even use the rim of my shirt to try and get a better grip even with my terror for the shirt's integrity.

The panic I woke up with is back... it's my first shift with my boss. Just the two of us in the kitchen. The first thing that pops into my mind... who the fuck would believe I was late because I got stuck in a toilet in the nicest looking town I've seen. I start to sweat, the water I drank seems a distant memory as my mouth gets dry. It is time to act even if my brain still feels like an overused sponge due to yesterday's activities.

I scream banging on the steel door. "HELP ME! LET ME OUT!" But even a kid throwing a tantrum in the middle of a store would have a better chance. The booth is a bit off the train station and everyone has left. I can't know for sure, so I decide to stand on the toilet seat and try to look through the little window feeling like an asshole banging on the door and screaming not knowing if there even is anyone around. Just my luck that being 6'0 is just short enough to see through the tiny windows merging with the rim of the ceiling.

My blood still running hot from the shock of being locked in the least pleasant building, probably in the entire town, and from the banging on the door, not to mention the fear of getting into trouble at work, once again a lack of better judgment appears. My body leans forwards slightly as I push myself up on my tipitoes. I see a person walking down the street. "SAVE ME." is what I would have wished to call out, but instead one slip later my stylish decision to wear sandals with socks is morbidly punished. I dip in the toilet water with and instead of 'save me' an arrey of swearwords that would make a sailor blush fills the stinky little room.

I'm sweating, my mouth is dry and half of my feet have been in public restrooms toilet. "AAAAARGHHH" no answer. I start to realize, I have to cover my bases, I have to call my boss, explain what has happened, maybe she can come around and save me. Bet then again, I don't want to be the guy who gets stuck in toilets on top of being the new guy. A realization comes to me that I have a phone in my pocket. What is wrong with me. By this point, I feel like I have been stuck in the toilet for eons, while in reality, it has been three minutes or so.

I look for the train station's number online... no luck it's not public. I don't know anyone else in the town. Calling the emergency services like the police or fire department over being stuck in a toilet... seems horribly irresponsible, they are meant for serious situations. They might think I am joking as well.

I try for the train station again using different search words. And here comes my savior. For some reason, the local municipality number pops up. Fuck it let's give it a go, those people have more time on their hands than they know what to do with anyways. A woman with a voice of an angel answers. Instantly I regret my plan, how can I explain this... no fuck it. I need to get to work. I swallow the toad in my throat and spit out what I have to say. . "I need you to save me." The woman on the other end suddenly sounds very worried. "What is wrong? How can I help?" She already seems invested, such a pure soul. My embarrassment glooms over me once again, I can't tell her my situation. "I need the phone number of the local train station." The woman on the other end laughs. And I am getting a bit confused. "Do you know it? Could you possibly find it, the train station should be under the local municipality." The woman seems to have managed to stop her laughter and her voice is far too cheerful for my situation asks me. "Have you gotten stuck in the toilet?" With shame I confirm. "There is nothing to worry about I will get someone to drop by in five minutes." I thank my savior and look at the watch. I will be just in time.

Five minutes later as promised my savior arrives. A seventy or so year-old Granpa with grey hair. He explains that he has put the knob on the door just yesterday. And that this happens weekly. As I keep working in the town I open up to people tell them my story and soon I start to find others who have been stuck in toilets all over the town as well. Some towns have drugs dealers as their criminal underbelly, others have serial killers, but this one is special it has a thief specializing in toilet doorknobs.

If you were insane enough to read this and found it enjoyable. That was just a story about me heading to work last Monday. Imagine what I can do after we start brainstorming on some plots ;) hit me up I would love some attention right now.

I was once a happy child. My parents loved me and gave me everything I ever wanted... But one day they didn't come to pick me up from school. Hours passed and still no one came. The police searched everywhere but no one could find them... Until one day, their bodies were discovered in a toilet cubicle. The had both starved to death... The doorknob was missing!

I was once a happy child. My parents loved me and gave me everything I ever wanted... But one day they didn't come to pick me up from school. Hours passed and still no one came. The police searched everywhere but no one could find them... Until one day, their bodies were discovered in a toilet cubicle. The had both starved to death... The doorknob was missing!

Ever since that day Urchin tried to fill the hole the door handle had left in his heart. Using his trusty crowbar, one doorknob at a time. But no matter how many potato sacks he filled up with them they did not fill that gap.

I feel like I am missing something on the street rat thing. Is that an inside joke on my introduction thread? xD

• Cry
Reactions: Urchin
Anyways FallenLeafFiend, are you working on any characters right now? :)

I'm honestly not... I could come up with one lickidy split. But I am not sure how this place operates. xD I am used to writing on forums where I would do one on one RP's with all the world-building being done with me and my partner. So this is a little bit intimidating. I am trying to figure out a bit more about this place while I RP on another site on the side.

Needing to refresh for alerts is a little bit annoying... I know how quickly the F5 button can start getting stuck on sites where that is a thing xD it's a freaking addiction.

• Haha
Well, the Getting Started Section has pretty much everything you need to know, but it's pretty simple really. Medieval Fantasy world. Medieval Fantasy races. That's pretty much the gist of what you need to know. :)

• Yay
Reactions: FallenLeafFiend
Yeah I figured as much out :p I am looking through the species books right now. Are there demons in this fantasy world? Because I feel like there should be some for anyone with dark magical powers to summon :p

• Yay
Well there's a lot of demon possessed people around, so I guess there must be regular demons too. :)

Welcome to Chronicles. Please let us know if you have any questions.

As an aside - while we love creativity and enjoy seeing what things our members come up with to put in the Wiki - we value RPing over wiki entries. As such, anything you choose to add to the wiki needs to have been seen/used/explored in RP threads first. The wiki is used to catalogue your discoveries, not the other way around. ;)

• Yay