Open Chronicles Between a Rock and a hard place

A roleplay open for anyone to join
The 'Violet' took another few moment to look around the candle-lit room once he noticed the 'Urchin' doing so. That said, before long, the 'Urchin' drew the 'Violet's attention back over to himself through a rather energetic exclamation.

The 'Violet' looked over at the 'Urchin' with surprise as he made the noise, then his surprise quickly turned to shock as the 'Urchin' suddenly started running away from him. Right as he inhaled to start speaking, the 'Urchin' launched himself onto a pile of neatly-layered puffy fabrics. The 'Violet' blinked a few times as the 'Urchin' then plopped his extremities out along the fabrics.

"Woah, that's comfy!" he said approvingly, getting up to his feet and rather childishly jumping on the bed. "Nice an' springy too! Ya dun mind sharin' a bed, so ya Violet?" he asked, though he knew the boy was unlikely to answer. "Ain't 'loud ta share a bed with Charity, but we're both boys, so that means it's okay, right?"

The 'Violet's expression mellowed a little as the 'Urchin' started doing some tame acrobatics on the stack of puffy fabrics. Surprise and shock quickly changed to intrigue and confusion. The 'Violet' pointed at himself after the 'Urchin's comments, and replied, "Violet".

"Ya tired, Violet?" he asked quietly, patting the bed beside him. "Want bed? Ya 'ad a real busy night tonight, ya must be exhausted."

The 'Violet' nodded, still pointing at himself. He looked a bit more confident as he repeated, "Violet!" However, as the 'Urchin' started patting the thing that he was resting on, the 'Violet' started to look increasingly curious, and his hand fell back to his side as he stepped a bit closer and inspected what the 'Urchin' was doing a bit more closely.

The 'Violet' nodded, then pointed down at the spot that the 'Urchin' pointed towards. "Bed!" he repeated. He then walked next to the thing and quickly patted his hand against it a few times with a sweet smile. "Bed Bed!"

"Knock, knock!"

"Nok nok?" the 'Violet' turned back towards the door, where he heard the sound. He looked a bit surprised to see the new fellow walking in. He looked a bit hesitant, and calmly started looking the fellow over as the 'Eilerias' ushered him into the room.

"Isak, this is Violet. Violet, this is Isak."

The 'Violet's eyes darted between the new creature and the 'Eilerias' as the 'Eilerias' said something. The 'Violet' absent-mindedly pointed to himself and awkwardly responded, "Violet" as they both came a bit further into the room. However, the 'Violet's attention seemed to be temporarily captivated by the 'Eilerias' rather than the strange new creature, since the 'Eilerias' walked right next to him and drew his attention to a pile of ashes.

The 'Violet' blinked a few times, as if he were expecting something more. But seeing little more than the 'Eilerias's emphasis on her finger covered in dust, the 'Violet's expression became a bit more thoughtful for a few moments. He then quickly bent down and mimicked the 'Eilerias', sticking his finger into the pile of ashes and showing his ash-covered finger to the 'Eilerias'. "Cleyn?" he repeated, looking more than a little perplexed.

After they played a brief one-sided game of charades, the 'Violet' thought a bit more and, another few seconds later, he seemed to finally realize something. He then bent down again and, this time, he poked his finger into the pile of ashes. Almost immediately upon making contact, the ashes all around the inside of the chimney, firebox, and floor of the fireplace jarringly and quite suddenly 'popped' into the form of a candle, the likes of which appeared in the center of the floor of the fireplace, and which then spontaneously ignited. The entirety of the fireplace was then left immaculately clean, with the stones of the fireplace even appearing slightly smoother than they did previously.

The 'Violet' then stood back up and pointed down at the new candle excitedly. "Cleyn?" he asked, looking over between the 'Eilerias' and the other two hopefully.

The 'Violet' pointed at himself after the 'Urchin's comments, and replied, "Violet".

Urchin nodded, not exactly sure what the kid meant but, hey, Violet probably had no idea what he meant either. "Yeah, that's right. Yer Violet," he agreed, pointing first to himself and then to Violet again. "Urchin an' Violet. Friends." He really was a sweet kid. Urchin just wished they could understand each other better.

"Bed!" he repeated. He then walked next to the thing and quickly patted his hand against it a few times with a sweet smile. "Bed Bed!"

"That's right, Bed!" Urchin declared happily. A thought occurred to him. Since Violet couldn't talk very much, maybe he'd be able to learn and communicate better through actions. Standing up, the boy playfully started bouncing on the bed again. "Bed, bed, bed, bed, bed!" he chanted, pleased that Violet was learning so much and hoping the kid was enjoying his little adventure.

"Knock, knock!" She opened their door and pushed Isak in front of her.

"Oh," Urchin mumbled, sitting himself down and looking rather embarrassed that he'd been caught jumping on the bed. "I was just... Uh... Testin' the springs," he made an awkward excuse. "Hi there Mr Isak. What ya been up to?" he asked conversationally.

The 'Violet' absent-mindedly pointed to himself and awkwardly responded, "Violet"

"Yeah, this 'ere is my new friend. He's real good at healin' an' magic an' stuff." Remembering that Isak was usually on his guard around strangers though, Urchin thought it was best to set things straight early and make sure that Isak knew that the boy was no threat to Eilerias or the Raven Club. "'E can't talk though. Only knows an 'andful of words. 'Es like a little kid."

He then quickly bent down and mimicked the 'Eilerias', sticking his finger into the pile of ashes and showing his ash-covered finger to the 'Eilerias'. "Cleyn?"

"Awh, bless," Urchin said with a smile before turning back to Isak. "Ya see, 'e dun understand none."

Much to Urchin's surprised though, Violet actually figured out this little puzzle and not only cleaned the fireplace, but also equipped it with a fresh, lit candle. "Oh, wow!" the boy declared in amazement. "Good job Violet! Guess ya do understand after all."

"It was... slow. I wish you were there. I've missed you, both of you." He replied to Eilerias, a shy smile on his face. Isak's gaze fell down to the bump in her belly, his hand slowly reaching in and caressing over the place where their baby was. He felt shivers running through him, an immense happiness that he couldn't control as he looked upwards to meet her eyes.

She had such a beautiful smile, and for a moment Isak even forgot all about the trip, unable to go over the tedious details regarding renegotiating some of his wine deals across the country.

Eilerias led him towards the flower, so she could admire it a bit, but Isak was a bit lost to his thoughts. "I'm sorry for leaving. I should've just sent Ogden, but Mister Lundenholm insisted. The gift is from his little daughter, after Lidia managed to cure her mother of her illness." Isak knew that Eilerias would be proud of her favorite acolyte and closest friend, of the girl that once had been held in captivity by slavers, but who now flourished into a skilled healer, much like her master.

Lundenholm hadn't requested his presence solely to deal with his wife's sickness, but rather to negotiate his new contract and worry about his protection from mercenaries, but his wife had been struck ill and Isak was fortunate to have Lidia by his side to cure her, after insisting that Eilerias needed to rest because of their baby. Perhaps next time, he'd take her with him to see Lundenholm's enormous wine cellars, especially because he knew how much she loved wine.

Eilerias took him to one of the spare rooms in the corridor, introducing him to Urchin and his strange friend, named Violet.

"Travelling." He replied to Urchin, a bit more coldly than he had wanted to. In truth, Isak just didn't want to bore them with the details, or to feel even more guilty for leaving Eilerias and their baby to take care of his business.

The three of them spent some time staring at each other in awkward silence, before Eilerias walked over to the fireplace, passing her finger over some of the dirt there and strangely asking for Violet to clean it. Urchin had explained that the boy was no threat, and that he had some peculiar talents and also some difficulty in regards to socializing.

Isak hadn't understood that at first, but after Violet cleaned not only Eilerias' finger, but also the entire fireplace, even seemingly conjuring a whole new candle from the ashes and dirt from before, he was left very intrigued by those strange talents.

Violet spent some time staring at them, probably in the hope that he had done something to please them, and finally Isak took a few steps forward, standing close to him and Urchin, a small smile forming on his lips. He really was impressed with that, but also wary of how people could exploit such gift. Violet was with Urchin, and Urchin was with the Cherry Rose, he was a friend.

Isak would always protect his friends, even if they were a bit more odd than he would've liked.

"Remarkable." He spoke, looking right at Violet, his demeanor changing from his intimidating stance from before into something more friendly. He looked over to Urchin now, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Tell me, Urchin; What brings your friend over to Alliria?"

Eilerias laughed at Urchin's embarrassment. She knew Isak's constant seriousness made him nervous, but Eilerias would always tell him not to worry about Isak. Eilerias would cover for anything he broke or needed help getting.

She turned back to Violet, watching in astonishment as he somehow managed to conjure up a candle from the ashes after their breif exchange. She smiled, nodding enthusiasticly at him. "Yes! Clean! Very good!"

She moved back to Isak's side. "Its not just that, Urchin said he was bleeding out in the street and now look at him. Have you ever seen him in anything but filthy clothes?" She pointed, at him. "No offense Urchin, you do tend to pick up dirt quicker than the average person." She giggled. "But he was in our room as well. I cut my finger and while he was fixing that, he put our stuff away, dusted, and even made me feel less sick. All with some strange magic..."

She sighed. "I just wish we knew what it was. I took them to Gwen's archives, but we found nothing to help us. Nothing at all."

"Yes! Clean! Very good!"
"Oh, wow!" the boy declared in amazement. "Good job Violet! Guess ya do understand after all."
"Remarkable."

The 'Violet' looked rather happy as the others showered him with praise and approval. He looked between them as they spoke and mouthed the word 'clean' a few times as they did so. when the 'Urchin' mentioned "Violet", the 'Violet' momentarily looked over at him, but as he kept saying unfamiliar things, the 'Violet's attention was drawn back over to the new fellow.

"Its not just that, Urchin said he was bleeding out in the street and now look at him. Have you ever seen him in anything but filthy clothes?" She pointed, at him. "No offense Urchin, you do tend to pick up dirt quicker than the average person." She giggled. "But he was in our room as well. I cut my finger and while he was fixing that, he put our stuff away, dusted, and even made me feel less sick. All with some strange magic..."

She sighed. "I just wish we knew what it was. I took them to Gwen's archives, but we found nothing to help us. Nothing at all."

Initially, the 'Violet' watched the 'Eilerias' speak for a bit, but he seemed to lose interest, as the 'Eilerias' seemed to be focusing on the other two much more than on him, and she also didn't say many familiar words. After losing interest, the 'Violet' went back to crouching down and staring at the candle that he made, then looking over at one of the nearby candles, then looking back at the one he made. It changed shape very gradually during this process, becoming a bit taller and more slender.

"Tell me, Urchin; What brings your friend over to Alliria?"

The 'Violet' momentarily looked back over at the others after the new fellow started speaking. After seemingly recognizing something, he then stood up, although he continued to stand right in front of the fireplace. He seemed somewhat curious at the moment, and glanced between the new fellow and the 'Urchin' as they spoke.

"Remarkable." He spoke, looking right at Violet, his demeanor changing from his intimidating stance from before into something more friendly. He looked over to Urchin now, his eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Tell me, Urchin; What brings your friend over to Alliria?"

"Well, that's the thing," Urchin said regrettably as he watched Violet experimenting with the little candle he'd made. "I ain't got no idea. 'E just kinda showed up. Only met 'im a few hours ago. Managed ta get myself if a nasty scrape, but Violet 'ere healed me up good. Tried askin' 'im questions an' all, but 'e dun really understand much. Tried ta figure out where 'e came from an' find out if 'e 'ad any friends or family what took care of 'im, but 'e just dun understand. Me an' Eile are tryin' ta teach 'im some new words, so 'e can talk to us better."

"Its not just that, Urchin said he was bleeding out in the street and now look at him. Have you ever seen him in anything but filthy clothes?" She pointed, at him. "No offense Urchin, you do tend to pick up dirt quicker than the average person."

"Oi," Urchin grumbled, slightly embarrassed. "Ain't my fault. I move about a lot." Rooftops and alleyways did have a tendency to be dirtier than your average city street.

"Yeah," Urchin agreed... Not that he'd really helped at all beyond moving the books from one pile to another. "We dunno what kind o' magical powers 'e got. Not sure if Violet 'ere's a a regular human with some kinda real impressive magic powers, or if he's some kinda magical creature an' that's why 'e can do all this magic what none of us known anythin' about. Either way, were's stumped."

Shuffling over to sit next to Violet by the fireplace, Urchin just watched the lad curiously to see what he was up to. It seemed that even now, the boy was experimenting with his magic, trying to perfect the candle that he made in the fireplace. "That's real clever, Violet," Urchin complemented the lad. "Wonder if ya could make the candle different colors... But I guess I'll 'ave ta teach ya all the colors first."

"I see."

Isak looked a bit thoughtful, perhaps even too intrigued about that strange kid. Violet didn't exactly looked harmful, but Lavelle knew better than to trust appearances over his own guts. Like he said many times before - appearances can be deceiving.

He wouldn't want to push away that kid, especially since Urchin seemed to be his only real friend and Eilerias, as gentle as she always was, already took a liking to him. As wary as he was, Isak had decided to welcome him into his rather unusual fold of 'friends'.

"Violet can stay here, with us. He'll be well protected, I'll personally see to that." Isak spoke again, looking at Urchin, his brown eyes conveying some sense of confidence and tranquility. Shortly after, he glanced over at Eilerias, happy to see her smiling at his gesture. Of course, Isak would never go against her wishes, especially when she was looking at him like that.

But also, as a man of business, Isak could think of a few ideas that would benefit both Violet, and also himself. He slowly took a few steps forward, standing a bit closer to the kid as he seemed to inspect the newly conjured candle. Isak was curious to see the extents of that curious 'fixing' magic.

"I've been planning to renovate some things around the club. We can't be falling behind the luxurious inns of the Inner City, can we?" But with his mercenaries and other workers stretched thin with the rebuilding of the harbor that he had acquired a few weeks ago, Isak still had to hire more people to work on the club, but maybe Violet could be his saving grace now.

"Some of my workers are... indisposed, and Ogden can't be trusted with a hammer if not to break people's skulls. Perhaps Violet could put his talents to the test then?"

Isak walked over to Eilerias' side, gently taking her hand as they waited for an answer. It wouldn't be quite the glorious job, but it would certainly be less dull than learning colors or cleaning dust off fireplaces.

"Violet can stay here, with us. He'll be well protected, I'll personally see to that."

"Yey!" Urchin cheered enthusiastically. "Thanks Mr Isak! Yer a real stand up guy, ya know that? I promise he'll be real good. Wun make no mess, an' if 'e does, 'e can clean it up better than what it was before."

"Some of my workers are... indisposed, and Ogden can't be trusted with a hammer if not to break people's skulls. Perhaps Violet could put his talents to the test then?"

"Ah," the lad said thoughtfully. "Ya thinkin' maybe 'e can do some decoratin' with whatever magical powers 'e got? That's a real smart idea!" Perhaps Urchin was a little too enthusiastic about the idea of exploiting his new friend so soon after meeting him, but Urchin was always fascinated to witness magic in all it's forms, and he doubted that Violet would mind the experiment. If anything, he seemed to like doing anything that might bring him praise from others.

Looking around the room for a possible test subject, he selected two cushions that lay on the bed, one a plain red and the other with flowers and birds embroidered on it. "Hey Violet, this cushion is wrong," he said, passing him the cushion with the plain red cover. "Ya think maybe ya can change it ta look like this one?" he asked, holding up the embroidered cushion. He then pointed to the red cushion and then to the embroidered cushion. "Make that look like that," he suggested, though there was really no telling how much Violet would understand.

The 'Violet' continued to look between the two fellows as they spoke to one another, though he didn't seem to react much to what they were saying, even when they mentioned familiar words. He seemed to be focusing on their facial expressions and gestures. Further, he didn't move around much, up until they started approaching him and looking down at the candle that he made a bit earlier.

After watching the two talk a bit more, he noticed both of them start walking to other areas of the room. The new fellow seemed to walk over towards the 'Eilerias', whereas the 'Urchin' started looking around. The 'Violet' started looking around as well, although he looked back over at the 'Urchin' every few seconds with an expectant gaze of sorts.

Once the 'Urchin' found what he was looking for and started approaching the 'Violet', the 'Violet' approached him in turn and looked at the two items that he was holding. The 'Violet' looked especially confused as the 'Urchin' lifted both pillows and uttered a bunch of words, but the 'Violet' accepted the pillows after they were pushed into his hands.

The 'Violet' then stared down at the pillows for a few moments, thinking intensely. He looked up at the 'Urchin' once or twice, seemingly to check something, but the pillows didn't seem to change much as he stared at them. Then, all of a sudden, the 'Violet' offered them back to the 'Urchin'. Although they didn't look any different, both of the pillows now felt somewhat waxy, and much more smooth and clean. The 'Violet' seemed a bit hesitant, but nonetheless looked over at the other fellows in the room, as if expecting something, and commented, "Food".

"Oh that would be a wonderful idea! So many rooms are nothing but walls, dirt, and strange crates that I can't move on my own." She smiled, "It would be wonderful to have someone to help me around here while Isak works." She sighed, squeezing Isak's hand.

"You haven't been around much to even help me pick a theme for the rooms. How am I meant to decorate when we don't even have a theme?" She sounded a little upset as she spoke before turning her attention back to the others.

She watched as Urchin picked up mismatched cushions and asked Violet to make them the same, suddenly excited to see if he could continue to pull of such miraculous acts. "Yes, try to make the red one like the cushion with birds!" She sat down on one of the chairs nearby to watch, but was slightly disappointed when he just handed them back.

"Food? Are you hungry Violet?" She looked to Urchin, "Have you fed the poor lad?" She felt her stomach grumble at the mention of food. "Perhaps we should all have a meal, you must be hungry too?" She looked at Isak for an answer. "After all, you've only just arrived home after how long of a walk?"

"You haven't been around much to even help me pick a theme for the rooms. How am I meant to decorate when we don't even have a theme?"

"Oh yeah, ya gotta start thinkin' 'bout that soon. Got a tiny person ta pick a theme for after all... So, what we thinkin', blue or pink?" Urchin asked, curious to know the couple's thoughts. "Myself, I'm bettin' on a real tiny baby girl with plump, rosy cheeks and lots o' blonde ringlets."

Then, all of a sudden, the 'Violet' offered them back to the 'Urchin'. Although they didn't look any different, both of the pillows now felt somewhat waxy, and much more smooth and clean. The 'Violet' seemed a bit hesitant, but nonetheless looked over at the other fellows in the room, as if expecting something, and commented, "Food".

Urchin took the cushion back, a little disappointed that it didn't have the same pattern as the other. "Ah, it's okay buddy, dun ya worry 'bout it none. It's my fault. I didn't explain it to ya good enough." But then, when Violet declared, "Food," Urchin looked at him, wide-eyed. "Wait... did ya just turn the cushion inta food?" he asked, putting the patterned cushion down and holding the plain red one with both hands. It certainly felt different! Curiously, Urchin brought the cushion to his mouth and took a bite... Which he promptly spat back out.

"Peh... Nope. Not food. That is definitely wax. Think he were tryin' ta make another candle," Urchin explained to the other two. "Still... Turnin' a cushion inta wax. That's pretty impressive right? Am sure we can get 'im ta do more stuff once we teach 'im some new words."

"Food? Are you hungry Violet?" She looked to Urchin, "Have you fed the poor lad?"

"I fed 'im!" Urchin objected. "Got 'im a nice, slap-up meal, thank ya very much... Only trouble is, 'e dun seem ta know the difference between food an' everythin' else. Took a bite outta the table an' just ate it up like a super crunch biscuit. I really can't figure it out none. Never heard of no kind o' creature before what can eat wood... 'Cept fer termites, an' I dun reckon he's a termite. Honest, I'm not sure 'e actually needs ta eat."

Isak looked towards Eilerias as she squeezed his hand, feeling some pain over her words about not being there for her as much as he should.

In truth, Eilerias was right, and Isak knew that. He had been busy, too hard at work, thinking of ways to protect both her and their child, but after his latest trip, he had made a decision to remain by her side now. He did have his large network of workers, ranging from simple mercenaries to undercover spies hidden all around Alliria and the nearby towns, and after putting in so much effort on that, Isak felt he could use some time to rest and enjoy some peace alongside his beloved Eilerias.

"No more work, my love. I promise, I'll be here with you now." He opened a shy smile, gently caressing her hand in response, before his demeanor turned thoughtful, pondering over Urchin's question.

Due to his absence in the recent week, and also since it had been still early to know if they were having a boy or a girl, Isak hadn't put any thoughts as to how they would be decorating those rooms. Perhaps now that he was there, and also with Eilerias' taste for all kinds of arts, they could find some common ground. Isak chuckled a bit with Urchin's suggestion now, imagining a baby girl that took more after Eilerias than him, a sweet smile sprouting on his face afterwards.

"She would certainly take after her mother's beauty, and also her kindness." He said, bringing Eilerias closer to him while gently embracing her by her waist. They watched as Urchin spoke with Violet again, still confused by the boy's latest trick. His magic was certainly impressive, and also useful, if he could transform even the simplest of things into entirely new objects. But Isak wasn't about to frighten them into any of his complex plans, and the mention of food only made him realize that it had been quite some time since he had a proper banquet in the warmth of the Raven Club.

"I told Ogden to prepare a meal for me and Eilerias, but you two are certainly welcome to join." Isak said, starting to walk towards the door and gently taking the priestess with him, their hands still entwined. By the time, Isak believed that Ogden had already prepared everything on one of the side rooms that were mostly used by the rich patrons who sought some privacy and space. "Perhaps, a dinner with Ogden's many recipes would help Violet in learning new words."

He looked down towards the lobby, quickly finding Ogden in the distance as he left the room intended as the place used for the dinner. Taking that many dishes upstairs to Isak and Eilerias' room while the club was packed full of people would be a bit troublesome, so Isak had to settle for one of the side rooms. The dwarf spotted Isak as well now, waving at him before taking his leave to get back to working at the bar. It seemed that everything was already set then.

Upon arriving at the room across the lobby, they would find a spacious room with a huge table, filled with many different dishes that would water the mouth of any bystander, everything of the finest quality possible. Isak knew he could always trust Ogden to prepare the greatest of banquets in Alliria and beyond.

"Try not to eat any tables, though. They were expensive enough to replace after that small scuffle at the reunion."

The 'Violet' pointed back at the pillow-candle after the 'Urchin' mentioned 'food', and repeated, "food!" He then watched the 'Urchin' take a bite out of the pillow-candle with great anticipation, and looked quite deflated as the fellow spat out the bite of pillow-candle.

As the other fellows talked, the 'Violet's attention remained transfixed on the pillow, especially the area that the 'Urchin' took a bite out of. He seemed to be contemplating something rather deeply. Once he started getting dragged along with the others, he went back to looking around at everything nearby with a childish fascination. He seemed especially interested in the various people that they walked by on the way over to the side room. He seemed to avoid looking at the people who looked back at him though.

Once they were in the side room, the 'Violet' immediately started wandering around and looking at the various features of the room. At first, he seemed most interested in the candles ensconced along the walls, but he eventually focused in on the tables as the others started to take their seats. The 'Violet' took a seat as well before long, mimicking the 'Urchin' as he did so.

As the group started eating, it immediately became apparent that the 'Violet' had no sense of portion control. Although he seemed to be following along with the general dining manners of the 'Urchin', he consumed some very large pieces of food with barely any chewing, and seemingly without any difficulty whatsoever. He seemed to be enjoying the meal quite thoroughly, and still seemed to at least be trying to pay attention to whatever sounds the other people seemed to be making.

"No more work, my love. I promise, I'll be here with you now." He opened a shy smile, gently caressing her hand in response, before his demeanor turned thoughtful, pondering over Urchin's question.

"D'awh!" Urchin exclaimed. "Yous two are like vomit enducingly adorable, ya know that?" The pair had been making constant goo-goo eyes at each other for as long as he'd known them. It was sweet... And gross. Love was icky. Girls had cooties.

"I told Ogden to prepare a meal for me and Eilerias, but you two are certainly welcome to join."

"Well bugger," the lad said disappointedly. "I get offered a free meal an' I already eaten... I mean, on the one 'and I dun wanna say no, but on the other, if I eat another bite, I reckon I'll be sick." Turn down free meal? Sick? Oh the heart breaking choices he had to make.

"Try not to eat any tables, though. They were expensive enough to replace after that small scuffle at the reunion."

"Well, on the plus side, Violet managed ta fix the table after 'e ate it... Ain't got no idea 'ow 'e done it. 'E just 'eld 'is 'and over where the 'ole 'ad been an' it were fixed. Really wish I could ask 'im, but 'ow do ya ask someone a question when they dun know no words?" Urchin asked, slightly frustrated.

Once the four of them were downstairs though, and the meal was prepared, Urchin found he just couldn't refuse the delicious food even at the risk of making himself ill. Still, he decided to settle on a small portion, only eating little bites. Violet on the other hand was behaving as if he hadn't eaten anything all day. "Wow, guess you was real 'ungry, huh?" the lad asked curiously. Too full to eat anything else, Urchin leant his elbows on the table and rested his chin in his hands, simply watching Violet eat instead. The boy was fascinating. Everything he did was fascinating. And Urchin wanted to study him closely to see if anything else unusual happened.

Eilerias chucked at Urchin's unnecessary commentary about the two of them. "I apologize, I'll tone it down for you. I don't want you to get too jealous, sweetheart." She pinched Urchin's cheek as she flattered the boy. Of course, his face went beet red any time a girl gave him attention and Eilerias found it hilarious.

After heading downstairs, she took a seat at the table. Her eyes went wide seeing how much food Ogden had prepared for what was supposed to be two people. "I'm not sure if Ogden sensed we'd be feeding more than ourselves or if he thinks I'm some sort of never-ending pit of food. Should I be offended?" She joked.

She served herself generous portions and ate slowly, savoring food for the first time in months without wanting to throw it all back up right after. "Thank you Violet." She smiled, watching the odd boy as he ate. "Whatever you did...whatever magic that was...thank you." She seemed to follow Urchin in watching the boy shovel things into his mouth, watching with excitement as though she were at the circus.