Private Tales Bare Skies

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Wren winced as he spoke, as though he'd been yelling at her and she hissed irritably, her eyes stinging as she blinked to adjust them to the light. She felt at her wounds, and again removed the bandages. They were tender and raw looking, but the wounds had knit themselves shut.

"It smells God awful." she muttered and held her face in her hands for a moment as she breathed and calmed herself. "Where are we?.." she mumbled with a frown at her headache before lifting her gaze to look at him, reluctantly so, mixed emotion dancing behind that flash of amber in her eyes. Rage was something she'd felt often, it'd come from her life in Oban, the injustices she'd witnessed and faced, but it was always just a simmer under her skin. Now, now it felt like something ready to erupt. Now she envisioned herself clawing the air from his lungs and watching him die.

And yet, she wanted to cry. She wanted to run and hide, and yet she wanted him to hold her and calm it all down. She stared at him..

"How bad does it look?.." she asked with a deep huff.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Varo
He hesitated a moment. "Somewhere South of Belstrad."

Varo said quietly.

"Had to head north since we couldn't go back to the village." He explained with a frown, looking at her wounds curiously.

There was a creeping feeling at the back of his mind, but he'd not yet puzzled out the why of things.

"Not that bad." Varo said, trying to smile slightly. "No worse than my face."

The Half-elf was no stranger to being marred by a Werewolf, his own scars running over his cheek and lips. Briefly he frowned, wondering if somehow the Wolf had known, remembered. His heart sunk at the thought, and he pushed it away quickly.

Wren snorted at him but there was no amusement in it. Her wounds may have been healing but she felt like shit. Her head was pounding and her senses were, heightened, uncomfortably so, and as she drew in a deep breath through her nose they flared even more. Him. She could smell the blood, the wolf on him, it was so painfully obvious and she had no idea how she hadn't realised before. It was overpowering, and she didn't remember ever having smelled it before. Due to the moon, she suspected.

"You're going to tell the others." she told him with a quiet growl. "I'm not having you risk their lives as you risked mine." her brow furrowed furiously and she shot him a glare that dared him to argue.

• Stressed
Reactions: Varo
He frowned for a moment, about to open his mouth to say something when he snapped it shut.

Varo had done this before, told people. It was never easy. They always rejected him, and he knew that after what he'd done to Wren they would do the same now. He would be sent away. Perhaps it would just be easier to run, to leave now.

"I..." Lips thinned for a brief moment.

Then slowly he dipped his head in a low nod.

He couldn't say no. Varo owed her. Owed her a lot. Perhaps even enough that he could have thrown himself on his knees and begged to be her servant for life. If she just wanted him to tell the others, then that was the least he could do. "Okay."

He said meekly.

"Good." she said with a nod, her tone harsh and blunt. "What did you think would happen if you told us? We'd have been more prepared for ...this." she gestured to herself. "You're a fucking idiot." she frowned and shoved at him.

"Get us home. And remind me never to listen to you again." she snorted and flopped back into the pillows with a growl, muttering a few choice words to herself.