Private Tales Arithel Wolves

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Adriwolf

Jaken had been on Elbion for the last couple of days. He decided to crash in a place to rest. Naturally, he reserved the room in the motel he would always stay. That was his improvised HQ, where he would plan his next thing to do, whether it has something to do with his bounty plans or just a place to stay in and look for other bounties or a place to rest. He had money to waste, but he wouldn't spend it like an idiot. Around 4 in the afternoon, Jaken had found himself in front of the bounty boards, looking for something interesting to take on. However, the bounties were not that great: Collect this amoutn of items. Kill this small tiger that has been terrorizing a village of dwarves. Find a lost manuscript in the library that some grandma forgot before she died. Nothing too interesting. However, his eyes met a bounty that certainly looked interesting. It was a bounty about a griffin that has been terrorizing a town between Elbion and Vel Anir. He could arrive there in 2 days perhaps. That is, if the creature hasn't destroyed the village.

Jaken went to the gates and walked out of Elbion, beginning the journey and arming himself. He had enough ammo to last and the supplies he needed for the journey. True, he could hunt in his werewolf form, but there are also something he couldn't achieve in his werewolf form, such as water, something smooth to sleep on, among others.

He began traveling for a while, stopping for breaks due to hunger or exhaustion. But he would keep moving. The pay was big. 500 gold coins. It was worth it. He had encounteres flying creatures before, but Griffins were rare for him. So not only would he acquire a lot of golden coins, but also, he would be jumping to a challenge, that should be interesting. On the night of the first day, he set camp and rested there for the night. First thing on the morning was packing and keep traveling. Around 2 in the afternoon of the second day, he could see the town far away. He was close.

And he knew it was close.

Nathanael McCallister

Nate nibbled on some jerky for a moment as he walked through Elbion wondering what he was going to do. He had completed the pile of contracts he took from the Gilded Vale. So now he had nothing to do really, which wasn't bad he supposed but he had enough energy to squeak in one more hunt. The hunter, as a result, decided to test his luck with the Griffin.

He'd toss the jerky before he got too close to the beast's lair and he unsheathed his sword and with the horse he had bought from the town, he cuts its back some and blood dripped down onto the earth.

The horse whinnied and reared back on its hind legs, slapping its rear the horse runs away. Its blood would lure the beast out of its lair, since after all, who would pass up the chance of an easy meal.

Nate sits down in the grass waiting for the griffin to show itself. After a few minutes, he'd hear footsteps behind him. Looking up he saw another human... no.

That scent was that of another lycan.

"You here to hunt that griffin?" He asks the other werewolf standing up, examining him carefully with a hint of caution in his voice.

Jaken made his way through the the land before reaching the town, it seemed..... steady. Like not much activity happens around here. He could sense taht it was because of one major thing: the creature he was hunting down. He could see that from afar thanks to his scoped mini crossbow. He had to scan the area first, wouldn't want to step on a landmine. However, he couls sense something else, he could smell something that was familiar, the scent of another like him: a werewolf. Or could it be a werewolf? The scent was familiar, but different in a way. However, his suspicions became true when he heard:
You here to hunt that griffin?"
Jaken reacted, aiming his crossbow at the one who asked him that. He found a humanoid figure staring at him, and interrogating him. He wanted to make sure that he wasn't about to be set up. He was ready for anything, all of his senses became alert. He heard everything that surrounded him: the trees, the leaves, the breathing of the male. He could smeel the frgrance of fresh trees and..... blood. He looked at the ground, still aiming his crossbow at him, where he found blood. It smelled and lookes fresh. It was fresh, probably not even 10 minutes since it was spilled. Maybe it was to lure the creature in.

"Yes." he said in a cold tone "I am here to hunt the griffin. I don't think I need to ask you if you are here for the same reason." he kept aiming, then looked at the blood "I won't ask what your name is, mainly because I don't care and because we are on the hunt now....." he looked at the beast's lair, it seemed like a cave, but he could see signs of civilization inisde..... maybe a mine cave? "So this is where the bastard lives? You trying to lure him out with......" he sniffed ".....horse blood?"

• Yay
Reactions: Rhiannon
Nate glared at the crossbow, "Yes to all those questions." He growls some, "Otherwise things might also get ugly for you just as they are about to for that griffin in there." He warns the other wolf.

"If you want to we can hunt it together and you can take all the reward, I just need the primary feathers and the talons for something. I got plenty of gold as it is elsewhere." Nate does not back down from Jaken but instead, he keeps a calm and tall posture to his form. Nate was not scared of another one of his kin, he fought many of them and was raised by them also.

"Or if you want the whole hunt can be yours and I will just sit back and relax." He gives Jaken a smile, "Or did we lose our senses in the wilds also, wolf?" He looks straight into Jaken's eyes with a smirk.

He scoffed at the offer of keeping the whole reward. He could hang on the thread he had given him: all the reward and him being left with satisfaction of getting what he needed. He would get the reward while the other takes what he needs, nobody loses. He didn't cared, all he wanted was the gold, he flipped the crossbow into a resting position "I like how you talk." he smiled, stepping closer to him "What is your plan, once he comes out, what then? Surprise attack? Ambush? Or go like wild animals for the hunt?" he looked at the horizon, night was hours away, probably around 3. He could wait "Tell me about your werewolf abilities. Strenght? Agility? Perception? All of the above? And at what time you can transform?" If I am going to fight with you, I wouldn't want you to become an obstacle on my way."

Throughout the conversation, the stranger kept calm and strong. He wasn't unused to it. He seemed strong, wolves like him tend to not bow down at the earliest stages of intimidation, if they felt intimidated, that is. He stared into his eyes, like a combat to see who would bow down to the other first. In his eyes, anyone could see determination and a feral thought.

• Yay
Reactions: Rhiannon
Nate chuckles, “An ambush is the same as a surprise attack. When we ambush it, we aim for its wings first, fuck them up then bring the fucker down.” He explains to the other wolf gauging him out some.

“I don’t shift at a certain time, no moon phase required. Its by will, or in worse case scenario extreme stress and pain.” He explain to the other one, he ommited the fact he was a hybrid of a selected strain of lycanthropy and Garou wolf. That was more personal, and he’d rather be thought of one than as a mutt.

“All the above. I’ve been on many hunts, do not worry about me getting in your way. I’d assume the same for you as you’re asking me those questions.” The lycan looks up to the sun starting to set.

“You should tell me of your type of lycanthropy. So then I’d know what to expect.” He crosses his arms, hisfather was a lot better at identifying different strains of lycanthropy. Something he could never do, but he supposed it didn’t change much. Silver to the heart and they all die regardless, or just a stab to the heart for a matter of fact.

"If you think it on a certain way, an ambush is a surprise attack with strategic moves, a surprise attack does not require strategy. It can be guns-a-blazing. So no... an ambush and a surprise attack are not the same." he winked at him. Sometimes he would want to have the last word on an argument, he would bring all the facts he was certain of, or even try to convince the others by giving arguements. Sometimes, words can grant you victory, although, not what he would for first, but this time, he felt like it was necessary.

He nodded at the stranger's request for the information about his lycanthropy. This was a complicated, he knew he was a werewolf, but there was something that separated him from the rest. The Marks of Runes on his back, no other werewolf has them (as far as he has seen), making him some kind of different werewolf. "You could say I'm a..... unusual werewolf. I can transform at will, but only at night. New moon, full moon, crescent moon, doesn't matter. As long as the sun is not there, I can shift. I do have all the abilities I asked you for, with some extra abilities, but right now, that doesn't matter. We have a winged fucker to take on...." he looked at the lair, he then sniffed the horse blood "The scent is slowly dying, by now, it should have come out to inspect..... it's a night creature...... we must wait." he leaned on a log and sat down, closing his eyes and meditating. His senses were alert for everything. He just needed to know when would the griffin move.