Open Chronicles Anywhere but Here

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Tabatha

Imprisoned Mage
Character Biography
Link
Tabataha couldn’t say here any longer, that much she had decided. Yet as she sat on the edge of Elbion College’s floating landscape she could not yet comprehend a way to leave. Her white tail flicked irritably.

“Curse this ridiculous prison.” she spat, turning away from the edge of the floating island and padding her way back across the college's courtyard. There had to be a way for her to leave, were supplies coing in? Or were they living off the kitchen’s stored supplies?

“Ohhh look at the adorable kitten!”

Shit.

Tabatha was not fast enough to dodge the hands of the student that snatched her off the ground. “Unhand me you pathetic welp!” she spat, before sinking every sharp instrument she could into the girls flesh with a hiss and sinking her teeth into the nearest finger. The girl dropped her swearing and the kitten bolted across the courtyard and into the flower beds that lined the college walls.

Taking a moment to catch her breath and clean the students skin from under her claws, she skirted along the walls to find her way to the back entrance of the kitchens. She’d start there, if food came up, she could go down. Maybe she’d find a poor unsuspecting soul to take her away from Elbion, away from the broken city and the insolent students that mistook her for a pet.

If she was lucky, it would be somewhere she could work out how to get her power and her body back. If not? Well anywhere was better than a city broken by a dead dragon.

"I already told you, I will not teach at the College.
The fsvor I owed you, had been paid Back a long time ago.

Now if you may excuse me, I hsve to go.

If you have any other issues that do not involve me teaching at the College, you may find me in the Kitchen.

As it seems, there is no other Place, to get some quietness."

Truly how obnoxious he was, Darkensand only visited him, because he had pretended that he needed help.

There was almost nothing that could anger Darkensand as much as lying to him.

Yet he had the audacity to know that, despite knowing Darkensands disdain for lies.

Darkensand had to go to the kitchen, oddly enough it was usually empty.

There he could at best temporary take his Mask off, if not, because of the presence of others, he certainly at least could write down the rest of his Book.

It took him a while to find the Kitchen, it had been a few years since he had last visited the College, for good reason.

Regardless of the past, just as Darkensand was about to open the Entrance to the Kitchen he noticed a cat, and he was certainly quite fond of the little creatures, but that was not the reason he noticed it.

The cat, for whatever reason, emitted a strange magical Aura.

One that was more similar to a sapient Being.

Darkensand picked up the Cat and walked into the, as expected, empty Kitchen.

"Now little one, who may you be?"

The little Creature was certainly not born a Cat, so what was it's Intention for hiding amidst plain sight in the Body of one?

Tabatha

If there was one thing Tabatha hated more then her four legged prison, it was being handled without permission in her four legged prison.

She writhed to adjust her position well enough in the beings hands to sink teeth and claws into flesh....only there was no flesh. Only soft glowing bone. She settled instead to emit a low angry growl.

"Little one?! LITTLE ONE?!" How dare he, she was mighty and magnificent, she had made men tremble and queens bend the knee. She was not little nor insignificant.

She was also stuck in the body of an eight week old kitten. Her anger deflated though only slightly.

"Put. Me. Down. Now." She enunciated every word writhing again between the bone fingers. "People just scoop you up off the ground, no manners. Just 'oh what a cute little thing, it must need help' and thats it, thats all the permission they need. Don't you know that consent applies to all life?!"

Darkensand

• Sip
Reactions: Darkensand
"Now now, young one. No need to be feisty, there," Darkensand puts the cat down, "Since that is solved mind introducing yourself?

Pardon me, I should go first, Darkensand is my Name.

And I assume you are in a slight predicament, unless you are such a crazy cat lover, that you intentionally turned yourself into one.

As for consent well,"
he takes of his Mask, "if your Transformation did not take away your memories, you should be aware, that my kind, as others like to categorize me, does rarely care for consent or the lives of others.

Oh, and lastly, I had no intention of helping you, I just couldn't help but notice, your strange magical Aura and considering you are talking, looks like I was spot on with my suspicion.

Now mind start talking?"

Tabatha

Tabatha set to writing her ruffled fur as the creature spoke, giving his exposed skeletal face an impassive glance. She spent centuries in the realm of demons, a skeleton hardly held shock factor for her, Lich or not.

"I was not transformed, I was imprisoned. There is a distinct difference. Transformation indicates that I can be turned back, but I can't. My body was destroyed several hundred years ago and my soul cast into the demon realm following a...." she struggled to find the right word here, pausing momentarily before settling on "disagreement.... between myself and the maesters."

She still had not given her name, a deliberate action seeing as the last person that had it had accidently trapped her in this ridiculous prison. "A student summoned me in error, hoping for a familiar, hence..." she gestured at herself with a paw before stalking away and leaping onto the nears counter top. Perhaps there was some merchant paperwork the empty headed cook had left lying around that might give her some indication as to when the last delivery was.

"What brings you to Elbion College, Darkensand ? A lich is has never been common visitor, even in my day. Ah-ha!" She found the scroll she was looking for and struggled momentarily to flatten them long enough to read them.

• Yay
Reactions: Darkensand
Only a few hundred years...
"What a pity, you are to young, for me to know you, and considering you have yet to hear my name, it seems you did not stumble upon one of my many Creations.

Why I am here?
Nothing of great Importance, just an old acquaintance stubbornly trying to recruit me as a Tutor.

And regarding the Semantics, you seem to be unaware, but there is a way out of your cat Body.

I do not mean Death nor the Construction of a new Body.
Considering your demeanor and attitude, you should have been a bit better than a run off the mill Mage, so I would have to assume, that in the very Realm you were cast, Shards of your Souls should still remain, if you were to acquire them, reconstructing your Body would certainly not be out of reach.

How to get into the demon realm, that is another Issue.
While I know ways into it, the risks associated are great.

But dread not, in Theory if you had the exact Manasignature of your Shards, you could just 'summon' them from the Demon realm, that though is something only the Beings that are commonly venerated and refferred to as Gods, could possibly pull off.

So if you got a God as a Lover, you should ask him for help.

But I certainly bore you with all this talk, since you certainly were already aware of these Facts.

Now if you would mind to give me at least an alias for me to refer to you, since you seem to fear, that giving away your real Name, could cause further trouble.

That is, unless you like to be referrred to as young one."

Tabatha