Private Tales Am I Dreaming?

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
The sudden rush of color on her face wasn't easily hidden, and Silas spotted it despite her best efforts. The hand on her leg slid away, and Artesto lightly scolded himself for the gesture Turn down the charm, moron. She needs a friend. For the briefest of moments though, he'd felt Vic's skin against his palm, and it was far more comforting to him than he'd ever thought Von Fleet's presence could possibly be.

A warm smile rested on his lips, and he nodded at the blushing, hiding girl, his own messy blonde locks falling haphazardly over his face as he turned onto his side to face her, tussled and tossed by the wind on their way here. "Nah, I think I've always known. Even when you're... you, you look at me differently than everybody else. You treat me differently. I just never understood why."

Silas swept at his hair, leaning a bit closer if only to hear her breath. Something about being so close to her was... exotic, perhaps? He'd never had the chance before, though maybe he'd thought about it once or twice. To see her in such a fresh light, with color on her cheeks...

"I guess the why doesn't really matter though. You got me, and I got you Vic. Whenever you need me."

Victoria Von Fleet

Victoria already almost missed the head of his palm on her skin, the weight of his hand leaving her made her a bit sad. She knew that this wouldn't last though, and that she could never truly care for him the way that he deserved, even if she was tempted to try. Her other self, it was too wild and unpredictable, and would never entertain such attachment in having a partner.

She peeked out from her hiding, his eyes capturing hers as she met them. It really was unfair, to have these feelings that could never truly be explored, it would be too hurtful to try, for both of them. She unburied her face, quietly looking at him, taking in every detail. He would always be the one she sought, now and as the crazy girl she normally was. Hopefully all this would be forgotten, when she returned to her normal self. Hopefully he would forget too.

Vicky returned his smile with a shy one of her own, he was so close to her right now. It made her hold her breath, made her stomach flutter oddly. She leaned towards him in kind, resting her forehead against his. "Thank you Silas, I don't think I'd be me without you." It was softly mumbled, her eyes closing to subdue her own pain from things that could never be. She would strive to make him happy though, no matter her cost.

Silas Artesto

Silas wasn't sure what possessed him to do it. Maybe seeing Victoria in this new light was more enthralling than he'd realized, maybe how much she truly meant to him was coming to the forefront because of all the hardship they'd been through in the last few hours. Or maybe he just wanted to seize the time he had with the girl behind the insanity while he had the chance.

Whatever his excuse was, Silas felt his forehead pressing against her own, and his face began to lift. "Then I better not go anywhere, because I like you, crazy or not." The words were little more than a mumble back to her from his lips, before he pressed them against her own in a kiss, one of his arms reaching out to rest on her shoulder, gently gripping her as he closed her eyes.

If this was his only chance, to express what Vicky meant to him... If she truly did go back to normal tomorrow and this never happened again... He wanted to do this now, so that he could say he did. She deserved to feel this, deserved to be cared for while she had the capacity to appreciate it. Even as his lips lingered on hers he questioned his sanity for it, but... It was what he wanted.

Victoria Von Fleet

The heat of his skin on hers warmed her to her very bones, their closeness gave her a thrill she had never experienced before, and it made her tremble under the weight of it. She was glad for these close moments, before she inevitably went back into an unfeeling state. She hoped she would remember and cherish how he was making her feel. The fear had receded, he made her feel safe right here in this moment.

Her lips trembled as he spoke, his voice barely audible. Before she had the chance to reply, he pressed his lips against hers. Lightning seemed to shoot through her body, sensations traveling through every inch of her body. It was such a strange feeling, and she wasn't sure if she was even doing it right as she kissed him back. Her eyes closed as he gripped her gently, tears from the overwhelming sensations streaming down her face.

She knew in this moment, that yes, she did in fact love him. Even if her other self couldn't grasp it, in her own way, she loved him too.

Silas Artesto

Victoria let her lips meld with his, allowed him to have this moment with her, to show her how he felt while they had the opportunity. Silas didn't move his hands, didn't waver from where he lay in front of her, he help this kiss, allowed her to process and digest it fully. Her lips trembled slightly against his own, and he felt the warmth of her tears as they rolled down her cheeks, even as she kissed him back.

Only when he heard a whimper did he pull his face away, if only by inches. The hand that had held her slid up her arm, his fingertips coming to rest on her pale cheek, thumb wiping away some of the tears as he searched her eyes for any indication of what emotion was ruling her now. His lips, still shining in the dim light from their kiss, curled into a coy smile.

"Might be the only night you'd let me do that... I wasn't about to waste it, Vicky..."

Victoria Von Fleet

How could he be so perfect? Perfect and yet unreachable. She wanted to lay her feelings at his feet, wanted to confess her heart's desire to him. Instead, she guarded her heart, not for her sake, but his. There was no way this could ever work; she didn't even know what tomorrow would bring for her.

His touch on her arm gave her goosebumps, the way he touched her face and wiped her tears away was so affectionate, tender. "I think I am realizing how lonely I really am. I can't even really begin to get into anything I'm feeling, when it can all just be gone in an instant."

Victoria leaned forward, closing her eyes as she pressed her face against his shoulder. "Silas." It was a whisper, her body trembling as the tears resumed. "Promise you won't ever abandon me? Even though I know it's hard to be my friend..I really need you in my life. Even if I can't show it."

Silas Artesto

Silas wanted... no, he needed Victoria to know she wasn't alone. It hadn't been until tonight that he'd realized how isolated, how cut off from the rest of the world she'd felt for so long. Nobody deserved that, no matter their faults or blemishes, and he didn't want that for the girl he'd considered his first real friend at the Academy.

Would that be the only time they kissed? Maybe. Maybe not. Either way, he'd needed to do it. To show her what she truly meant to him. Now, as she curled against him and tried in vain to hold back her tears, Silas held her in his arms, pulling her in snugly against his chest and tucking his chin against her head. Victoria didn't need fires, destruction, or mayhem tonight.

She needed him to be here.

"You couldn't get rid of me if you tried." He mumbled softly into her hair, his eyes sliding shut. "Who else is gonna handle you like I do? You're stuck with me, Vic. I promise..."

Victoria Von Fleet