Fable - Ask Allirian Nights

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Finnick

The Amorous
Character Biography
Link
Alliria. A gorgeous city with gorgeous ladies. And no sign of his true quarry. It was maddening. At least there was good coin to be made. The downside to the city? None. The heightened crime made it all the more easy for him to steal.

After all, who wouldn't try to take the exposed coin purse of a bard walking through the streets. His exposed one was full of smooth rocks, he carried twelve such pouches. He fought the smile as a grifter approached him, and bumped into him. He didn't need to reach for the rocks to know they were gone. Just like the grifter wouldn't expect the pouch at his neck to be taken as well. Rocks for gold, a fair trade, in his mind.

LATER

Finnick would be playing at the Humpback Tavern, cleverly named after its deformed owner. These people were beacons of creativity and hope. He was halfway through his set and a handful of lines from completing one of his greatest hits. Like usual, the audience was picking up on the chorus, giving him time for showmanship.

"We snuffed the magic dragon, smote her hatchlings in two! Stuck her with some pointy sticks, and covered her corpse in fuel!"

As they sang he would scoop down and snatch a patrons tankard before draining it and then discarding it with a grin. At their completion, he would bring home the last line. "Some may call us murderers, breakers of the fam! So our band of victorious heroes, are going on the lam," His well rehearsed and hearty laugh. "Fleeing fast and furious, back to save the day!" He would pull his sword free from its scabbard, while one hand continued on with the notes. "We proudly hoist the missing sword and singing all the way, say.."

The drunken fools would roar the finish. "We snuffed the magic dragon, smote her hatchlings in two! Stuck her with some pointy sticks, and covered her corpse in fuel!"

As they sang, Finnick would flip his sword and shift his stance, allowing the blade to land cleanly back into its scabbard. Timed with the last word, Finnick would steal another tankard and took a swig, before spitting the ale through the nearest torch for a spurt of flame. The crowd cheered in approval, even the fool that had stood so close he lost an eyebrow. He was going to get rich tonight.

alphabunny

• Sip
Reactions: Delilah Tirion
Alecia-mae and her wolf Mint had arrived in Alleria the day before, tired from her travels she went straight to an inn and slept through the rest of the late afternoon right until the next morning.
Ironically The Nest was right around the courner from Humpback Tavern so after a morning of aqumulating different herbs she decided to make a turn at the tavern, hearing there would be a bard preforming, Mint in tow.

They came in half way through the chorus as the bard sung of slaying a magical dragon. Total barberians, she thought to herself.

As per usual she got a few strange looks because she was accompanied by a large, pitch black wolf but as always, Alecia-mae ignored the looks and sometimes side commentary.

She found herself a table in the corner of the tavern and ordered herself an Mint each a plate of meat, also requesting a bowl of water for her canine companion and a goblet of wine for herself.

• Smug
Reactions: Finnick
With the tavern already erupting into cheers, Finnick would hop down from the table to take his final break for the night. His coin purse was heavier than its ever been and safely tucked away, he was down five decoys so far, one of which had been returned.

The crowd loved him. All but one table. That would have to be remedied. A young lady and her giant pupper. That was good, all doggos loved him.

He would weave through the crowd, still playing his lute and collecting payment, pausing when he reached their table. He would steal a chicken leg from a nearby table and crouched beside Mint, offering the wolf the snack.

"My young lady, you have a truly remarkable companion." He would say, adjusting the lute so it rested at his back, his free hand would extend to mint palm up so the wolf could see he wasn't a threat and also gain his scent.

Alecia-mae

Mint immediately started growling, hair upright and in a fighting position, showing some rather large chompers. HE did not like strangers so closed to his mother, because that was exactly what he saw Alecia as.

Alecia-mae uttered something to Mint in elvish and he calmed down and lay now at her feet.

"Why thank you," she smiled. "His name is Mint," she scratches his fluffy head. "And I am Alecia-mae, but close companions just call me Mae. And you are?"

Alecia was soft spoken, her gentleness clear in her voice.

Finnick didn't mind the growling, in fact, he spoke his own elven to Mint. The wolf was merely protecting its family, and he could respect that.

He would return the smile to her. "Then I will call you Alecia-Mae until I earn that privilege." His focus returned to the wolf. "Mint. A noble name." He set the chicken before the wolf.

Alecia-mae

"I was actually our collecting mint leaves when I found him so I felt the name fitting." She took a sip of her water.

Mint sniffed the chicken and looked to Alecia-mae who nodded her head, he immediately started eating.

"Do you plan on playing again later on Mr...sorry I didn't catch you name." She
smiled sheepishly and looked down, her cheeks now red.

"Well, a good name nonetheless." Finnick would say, rising to his feet and snatching a towel in the process to wipe the chicken grease from his hands. "Been awhile since I have seen such a loyal companion." He praised the wolf.

"I have a few more songs left for the night." He would respond, noting the increasing color in her cheeks. "Finnick, and no need to apologize, my dear."

Alecia-mae

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you Finnick," Alecia-mae stood and extended her hand, meaning to shake Finnicks. "Now you must please excuse me, I wish to get myself something to eat."

With the mad her way to the bar and ordered herself something small to eat as well as a glass of milk to wash down the food incase it was not the best quality.

Finnick would take her hand gently before kissing the back of her hand. "My lady, Alecia, it was my utmost honor to meet you. Tell them to put it on my tab." He would release her hand with a smile and crouch to pet Mint, who he began to speak to in Elvish.

Alecia-mae

She in fact did not put her order on Finnicks tab, not yet to sure of his character she did not want to risk him possibly wanting something in return.

Alecia-mae sat down at the same table she had before and slowly sipped her wine, feeding the food to Mint. This was her second day in Alleria and she had not yet participated in the night life, so she decided tomight was the night, Alecia would finally see what all the big fuss was about.