Private Tales A Stormy Session

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Smiling One

Heartbreaker and Life Taker
Banned
Character Biography
Link

"I win again."

The Orc stared at a grinning Willis full of fury as he gathered coins that were piled on the table. "That's the third time that you've won," he growled. The small crowd gathered around the two nodded in agreement with the Orc. Willis smirked taking the wooden cup full of Vodka off the table and sipping. "My green-skinned friend," he said. "It's not my fault I'm skilled at Dice. I'm a man who takes calculated risks and I do it-."

Willis took another sip of from the goblet. "Mostly sober," he said setting the cup down.

Since It was raining outside causing flooding on the roads, Willis decided to rent a place for the night. Most of the tavern waitresses went home, Willis decided to play dice with the patrons and made some good coin. "You cheated!" the Orc yelled slamming his fist on the table. "You have loaded Dice."

"Dumbass," Willis said smirking. "We've been using your dice for the entire session. Maybe try to analyze your game instead of blaming others for your failures."

The Orc was about to speak until loud cheers echoed throughout the inn. "What's the occasion?" Willis mumbled. "That's the Knight who saved our people from a horde of Goblins!" one of the men said.

Willis frowned drinking his Vodka. "A knight huh?" he asked dispassionately. The hero in question was dressed in black armor with brown hair and beard with a scar running down his right cheek. Willis listened to the man speak saying that he was a Templar. Willis heard of Templars before, more fanatical versions of knights if he saw them.

"Great," Willis mumbled. "My night has been spoiled."

To Willis, Knights were glorified mercenaries. They kill, pillage and steal but somehow are seen as heroes because they suck the cock of some King or Lord. They were hypocrites who did what they wanted and used chivalry as a defense for their actions. In truth, Knights were no better than sellswords like Willis. The young man sighed placing the dice in the cup he looked around the area to see if there was anyone willing to play and earn money from. Willis was on a roll and lady luck was smiling upon him.

Melusine Flarell

Melusine, for some reason, had always been intrigued by knights. Perhaps it was because she was currently trying to survive on her own in a seemingly continually cruel world where she had never quite fit in. She would like to learn more swordplay, if, in fact, such a distinguished knight would be willing to take on a girl, though she was pretty sure she would never ask. That would cost too much of her pride.

Today, she was more interested in things which might cost only coin. Namely, a drink. and maybe a game or two of chance to keep her brain sharp. She did seem to fight a little better after a few games, whether that was in her imagination or not. As stated, talking to the knight might cost too much of her pride, so she ordered a mulled wine and approached a game table instead. The young man nearest to her looked both intelligent and attractive.

"Hello. What game is this?" She would wait for the answer before deciding whether or not to play.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Smiling One
Willis chuckled at the cute redhead, she seemed "I'm pretty popular around these parts," he smirked. "Especially among women sweetheart." he winked at the redhead and took another sip of Vodka before responding. "This is called dice not a very original name but it fits the simplicity. Dice is a common game played in a Tavern especially during stormy nights."

There was a shriek heard across the room, Willis instantly removed his feet from the table and placed his hand on the hilt of his Cutlass. A man stumbled into the inn wearing a cloak and covered in wounds. Willis got up and frowned at him, a magical blade? That's very rare. There was no time to gawk at the knight's weapon since the man whispered that there were monsters approaching before passing out.

"Everyone stay inside the Inn!" Willis said. "This is a job for a professional!"

Melusine nodded. "I've played di-"

She couldn't finish the statement, her shock was so great, but that and her white knuckles as she got out her own sword were the only indications she couldn't defend herself, for now. She certainly wasn't going to fall into a man's arms without knowing a little more about him. No. Melusine wasn't against a one-night stand or two (though she hoped for much more, some day) when the need arose, but she liked to at least make sure she knew the men's names. Two and a half words weren't enough to judge anything.

Besides, she had defended herself many times before. She was only in shock now because someone injured had just suddenly appeared. That did disturb her more than she liked to admit. What in the world could have caused that?

"I'll guard the door. Gods forbid, but they might try to come in." Sprinting, she practically leaped toward the entrance, ready to stand in front of it. As cold as she was, she was glad her mulled wine had not yet arrived. The rain had made her curly hair frizz, and she knew her hair drying would make her sleepy later, but for now she was alert, albeit her velvet cloak she wore was soaked and probably would annoy her more than keep her warm now.

(OOC: Her cloak. It's real and I want it. :D )

• Love
Reactions: Smiling One