Private Tales A Sacred Treasure

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Jason

Character Biography
Link
369: The Road to Vel Anir, Late Night--
Jason glanced back at the carts for the millionth time that night. His company had been on the road for five days and had fended off three bandit attacks already. They left with fifteen official guards of The Annunaki Pantheon and five mercenaries, but there were now only eight guards and two mercenaries left, including Jason. And just his luck, the only other mercenary to survive was the lazy one, who was currently lounging in the transport wagon with the priests. He claimed that they "needed a personal guard," but Jason knew what the real reason was.

Sargent's hooves clopped under him and he patted his friend's flank. "We're almost there, just a few more hours, old friend."

The cool breeze against his bare chest relaxed him. Hopefully the attacks were over. Who knows how many more the party could withstand? The Pantheon would never hire him again if he lost the artifact he was protecting, whatever it was.

Maridis Va Dori

Maridis Va Dori and his crew had watched the last bandit attack. They were waiting for the caravan to be as weak as possible before ambushing it, and now was that time. he nodded at his 5 men, 4 of them drew blades and walked behind Maridis, while the 5th raised his crossbow and took aim at the man. Maridis looked at him and waved his hand down. The crossbowman fired his bolt, striking the driver in the chest. Maridis and the men ran forward, killing anyone they ran into, eventually only 3 pantheon men and two mercenaries were left. Maridis and his men paused for a second, catching their breath, only one of them had fallen. Maridis' crossbowman ran and joined them, Maridis drew his dagger and nodded at one of his men, who had his own dagger drawn. The pair quickly stabbed one of the other men each, and then Maridis stabbed his broadsword through the crossbowman, killing him. "Fucking traitors." Maridis said as he spat on one of the mens bodies.

Of course when the caravan was only a few hours away from Val Anir, they were attacked again. But this was a different attack, for these bandits were organized. First the driver front wagon's driver received a crossbow bolt in the head, then they were attacked from the side. His lazy companion had barely registered what was happening by the time the raiders had taken control of the caravan. They were lined up beside the transport cart and Jason dropped Dawnbreaker and his bow.

He didn't react to the internal dispute that the attackers had and said to the one who was clearly the leader, "The way I see it, the headcount is now seven to two counting the priests." He looked to his fellow party members. "What do you say boys?"

Maridis Va Dori

• Yay
Reactions: Maridis Va Dori
Maridis walked over to the priests and stabbed them each quickly with his bloodied dagger, he turned to the man who had spoken, while his last man grabbed their weapons and moved them farther away. "What's the head count now?" He asked him, he laughed and moved back, beside his man. "So, I just need the pretty little blue amulet and I'll be on my way, I don't suppose I even need to kill the rest of you, so please, Mr. headcount, if you'd care to walk with me to the amulet." Maridis raises his eyebrows and mockingly bows, while he points to the rear of the carriage. His man stands in front of everyone else, shortsword in one hand, dagger in the other. Maridis whistles softly as he waits for Jason to begin moving.