Fate - First Reply A part of that world

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
He allowed a pause to enter after the merwoman finished speaking. Inviting outsiders to Qin wouldn’t be approved by the rest of the pantheon. Though, perhaps, the woman was correct. Maybe this location wasn’t suitable for the Sand Hawk’s plan.

“Do you believe this ruin is safe? Less traveled? Are the waters here fertile fishing grounds?” he waited for a second but then added, “are the nearest settlements far enough away that this place would be rarely visited?”

"Safe, I wouldn't wanna say. I saw it in passin' once before and wanted to come back and find out for myself. In terms of where it is - do you guys have maps? -" a side question as she reached into the waistband of her breeches and brought out the wet map she had been using. She shook it roughly before smoothing it onto the table so he could come and have a look. She pointed to the spot on the map where they were now so he could see the nearest cities.

"Probably about a days ride from the nearest main city, I'm sure there are a few locals nearer but I ain't sure if they would venture over here."

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Sand Hawk
"A day's ride?" he mused aloud. Interesting, perhaps this place would prove suitable.

The Tayir would always be hindered by their undying faith. They'd never leave Qin, never grow as a people. What they needed were generations removed from the living gods. Generations of children who would grow up never meeting the so-called gods until they weren't alive. Until they were myth, legend. And then, eventually, those myths and legends and folklores would turn into tales they told children to get them to behave. Rituals they did without understanding the meaning. They'd be forced to innovate themselves, forced to work with other races. Forced to grow.

With a knowing look the Sand Hawk stared at Andromeda before speaking candidly. "Those two are betrothed," he gestured upstairs towards Zahir and Vezin, "they will nest in the coming months. They were eager to return home sooner, they want to ensure their hatchlings are born in Qin." He rubbed his beak in contemplation, "I do not intend to return to Qin with them. I would like them to start a family here. Expand their species."

He took one step closer to the merwomanfolk and stated, "I do not want to leave them here to die. They will be quite vulnerable once their eggs are laid. Even more so after they hatch."

Something about the mans tone was making her feel a little uncomfortable, but the more pressing question that was occupying her mind was whether they laid eggs like a bird or gave birth like humans. She dare'n't ask it though.

"Well... it ain't exactly a family friendly place," unease in her tone as she glanced around the room they were currently in. Of course, she hadn't been upstairs and she was sure there must be living quarters somewhere if it had been some sort of scholar institute. "And where will you be flutterin' off to if you're gonna leave them here? I doubt they'll wanna stick around without their God," The way she said the last word probably let onto the fact she didn't believe such a claim, though part of her hoped he would show her some sort of miracle. In a way, it would be nice to know there was something out there controlling your fate.

This merwomanfolkmutt was becoming a bit more annoying. How dare she question the will of a living god. Then again, some of these other races truly didn't understand proper etiquette and manners when in the face of a being as wondrous as the Sand Hawk.

"I must return to Qin. It will do more harm than good if I were to never return," he explained to the ignorantfolk. He re-opened his beak to express, "my followers will stay here if I explain it to them properly. Their kind cannot exist on the shores of Ra Gnamb forever."

He sized the humanmermixturefolk up once more before questioning, "tell me, merkivmanfolk, could you check up on them? From time-to-time of course." Shifting in his cloak the titan clarified, "I assume you live near here, it surely wouldn't be much trouble to ensure they do not need anything. At least for the first year. Your kind live for many years so I am sure this is not a problem."

She was getting under his feathers and it rather amused her, but what amused her even more was that he thought she would drop in on them. It was a ludicrous idea to her. Andromeda was inherently a selfish person. Nobody else looked after her and she didn't look after anyone else. Perhaps it was the pirate in her but she had been burnt enough from a young age to learn the only person anyone could truly trust was themselves and only themselves.

"I don't actually live nearby no, I travel, and no offence but I don't really see myself being your crazy followers bodyguard. They don't seem to be too keen on me let alone the other way around," one of them had flown at her more than once over something, how would that even work? "I can pop in when I'm over this way but it wouldn't be regular," a simple shrug. She wasn't rearranging her life for some feather brained zealots.

"It would probably be a better idea if you went back and brought more of them here so they could get on with it together."

The words this mortal being stated made sense. She didn't want to be their god anymore than Sand Hawk did. He forgot that many of these beings only lived for fifty or sixty years so asking them to devote two or three years of guidance and assistance was, in fact, a bigger burden than he had calculated.

"Thank you, whatever you can do would be appreciated," he mentioned in passing. Her suggestion to bring more of the Tayir here resonated with him but felt impossible. He could explain away two Tayir "dying" when he returned to Qin but if everytime he went on a pilgrimage the acolytes didn't return the rest of the invocations would begin to get suspicious.

With a curt bow he stated, "I'd love to bring more of the Tayir but, unfortunately that is not possible."

"Why not?" It was a simple question really, if these had left then why not more of them? If he was a God would he not be able to just tell them they should move or something horrible might happen? That seemed to be the way of most of the human gods anyway. Fear ruled supreme.

"And when you say nest... do you mean... literally like birds nest? What do they need me to bring them here? It would have to be things that they don't mind getting wet beforehand," for she would always swim, never take a boat round to these parts. Boats caused questions and people to come looking.