Private Tales A New Recruit

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Charity Briarthorne

Mischief-Maker
Cherry Rose Inc.
Character Biography
Link
The Sable Cat. A hole-in-the-wall bar nestled between two larger buildings. Known throughout the outer city of Alliria for its selection of exotic liquors. The interior is brightly lit, the light reflecting joyfully off the wall of bottles.

Charity sat at the long bar, nursing a bottle of cheap rum as she conversed with her sister Elise, the towering elven woman who ran the place. "...And then the fucker had the balls to tell me that I owed him!" She brought the bottle to her lips, draining what was left, and slammed it back down onto the bar with a loud thunk. It wasn't the best drink Charity had ever had, but she wasn't about to complain when Elise was letting her drink for free.

Elise played with the long length of chestnut hair draped over her shoulder thoughtfully. "Hmm... Could you get Father to sort this out?" she suggested. "I'm quite sure this is nothing more than a misunderstanding."

"Misunderstanding my ass!" Charity grumbled. "'Sides, Daddy is way too busy with other things to deal with my problems. Even if he wasn't, I'm on my own with this. My gang, my problem." She reached for an expensive wine that sat on the counter, only for Elise to slap her hand away. "Xjsuht!" Charity cursed under her breath. "Oi! I heard that, you imp!" her sister chastised sternly. "Just 'cause you didn't say it in common, doesn't mean that I don't know what you said!"

"Anyway," the elf continued with a sigh, "What do you think Father would do about something like this?" Elise pulled a second bottle of rum from under the counter and handed it to Charity. Charity thought for a moment. "Send someone down there to negotiate...? But I don't have the time or the patience for that! I want what I'm due, and I want it NOW!"

"Well, I'm sure you'll figure something out. You're a smart girl." Elise said, excusing herself as the evening patrons began filtering in.

alphabunny

Last edited:
  • Popcorn
Reactions: alphabunny
It felt good to finally be back in the outer city. Rou had been gone a good couple months after making a slim escape taking out a well known under ground merchant.

She had under estimated the dogs he would have surrounding them and one herself a shiny new scar on her thigh, a trophy of her trade was how she viewed it - only to be added onto the shelf alongside a half cut up ear and unappealing white scar which ran across most of her back but she held them all with pride.

Rou decided her first back would definitely be spent out, via the ale trail she had heard of The Sable Cat and decided that would be her place of enjoyment for the evening.

"A mug of ale and your strongest straight shot," placing some coppers on the bar she waited for the elven women.
Her raven her was down tonight, no baleclava in sight or her standard weaponry and dark cloak. Just her leather pants and vest with a low cut tunic below.

Tonight she was on the town.

Charity Briarthorne

• Wonder
Reactions: Charity Briarthorne