Private Tales A Grudge to Bear

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
They knocked together. A bit rough, the rush of blood, the warmth. His head swam all the more as their lips pressed and she held him firmly in her arms as he smiled and let his lips move slow and tender across hers. Hungry as he supped at the velvety petals of her mouth. Salty with the hint of iron.

How good it felt to be alive.

He smiled, and his cheeks felt an ache. His head settled back to level, but he rocked against her. Leaned into that strong flat stomach of hers, as he let his hands slide down the small of her back, splayed fingers pressed against the chords of muscle there, eager to feel the flex and give of her body. Her strength and softness.

His lips parted from hers, and he breathed her in. Kissed her again, as his arms wrapped tight around her, pressed his chest against hers. Kissed her cheek, her neck. Felt breathless and dizzy. He laughed.

"You're right though, Lady Astarel," he teased, very much supported by her, and kissed her behind the ear, gentle, soft. He whispered, at her mercy. "I need my rest," another tender peck. "But so do you,"

"Food and a...bath... First."

Her voice had squeaked as he kissed her again behind the ear. Lorinna felt a mix of surprise and shame that the simple touch could do so much to her. Hector was learning far too quickly. Learning things she didn't know about herself.

She swallowed hard. Placed one hand between them on his shoulder and gave a gentle push to put some space between them. Her eyes sparkled. The internal struggle was electric energy.

Gods that smile was trouble. If he kept wearing and asked more directly she knew she would completely fold.

"I'm going to get us some food," she said, voice trembling. "Okay?" She asked, not certain what she wanted the answer to be.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Hector
He gave her a nod. "Food, and a bath first," he said with the cool air between them. "I'll be good," he couldn't help but smirk, his arms loosened around her waist, slipped free, and he plunked back onto the cot. Once she left he layed himself back, flat and long across the bedding.

His smile dissipated with the distance between them. Had he scared her? It all felt so natural he...

Your a bloody peasant you fool.

He blinked at the thought. Felt a wash of cold over the fire he'd felt come so quick. His head tilt and his thoughts swam. He passed down some of the wetness that had gathered in his mouth.

Might be it was just the fear of the fight to come. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not always about you, Hector.

• Yay
Reactions: Lorinna Astarel
Lorinna took a moment at the door before leaving. It felt as if her breathing was so erratic that she would never be able to speak to someone.

She offered a nervous smile over her shoulder at Hector and then headed out.

She knocked and called out his name quietly before opening the door and returning. Lorinna had a small wooden tray with a mix of dried meats, breads and cheeses.

There wasn't much meat. The people of the town were grateful, but they didn't have a lot to be generous with.

Lorinna sat down next the Hector.

"Do I need to feed you?" She asked, grinning.

"Think you can sit up? The innkeeper has water on the boil and will drag in a tub for us. For you. I mean..."

• Ctuhlu senpai
"Yeap!" he called at the knock at the door, watched her stride back to, one long leg in front of the other. Tray in hand.

Laid down still, head tilted up, Hector felt a rush of warmth creep ups his neck as she approached. He knew she must have been been exhausted. But she wore a gentle smile. Even with the tired around her eyes.

She sat next to him, careful like. She was often so careful. His eyes wandered about her frame. Her strong hips, proud back, and long neck where her sweat and grease stuck hair clumped about. His breath was hot again.

Do I need to feed you?

He saw her grin, the tray of food in her hands. He smirked. Half laughed as he worked himself up. Caught her slip. "For me," he said easily and softly. His lips worked into a wide smile once more.

"I can manage to feed myself, thank you," he said matter of fact, reached out with his hand and grabbed up a piece of bread, a piece of cheese. His hand shook some, fingers clumsy, struggled to articulate. His brow pinched. "I think," he near crushed the little bit of cheese into the bread.

Let go. Huffed. Laughed. Dropped the food on the plate and snapped his hand back.
"Fuck me, can't even pinch a bit of bread and cheese!" there was a more heat in his voice than he had intended. He paused took in a deep breath. "Sorry," he said as he shook his head. The fog in his head felt thicker. Hotter. It cooled slow. He leaned against her. Felt her warmth like a soothing salve. "I'm not used to this," he said, looking at his still trembling hand. He tried to squeeze it tight. His grip felt weak. "Guess I'm just, scared..."

Last edited:
  • Cry
Reactions: The Everwatcher
She watched him drifting back and forth between feelings. She'd seen a squire take a blow to the head from a mace before. He hadn't been himself for days. To lose some control of yourself from an injury that was almost unseen had to be frustrating.

"You'll be alright Hector," Lorinna said. "It's like when you pull a joint. It takes longer to heal than you might like."

He knew this. He probably paid far more attention to their wider lessons than Lorinna. Still, she thought, it was probably worth him hearing it now.

She placed her hand on his forearm briefly and felt him tremble lightly.

"Give it a few days," she suggested, as she tore off a piece of bread.

"Then," she said, pointedly looking away from him. "You can look at me like that and then do something about it."

She said that because she wanted to try and be a little bold in all the confusion and also because she didn't want him dwelling on his current state.

• Bless
She stilled his hand. He let out a long breath. He nod. "Right," he said. "Just a matter of time," affirmed. He watched her tear at the bread. His eyes caught by the small movement.

Then...

She turned away, sharp. Her neck exposed, and the way she had-

You can look at me like that and then do something about it.

He felt a rush of warmth wash through him. He coughed to clear his throat. "Better get plenty of rest then," he said with nervous smile, face still warm.

It was one thing being in the heat of it. Another thing hearing her speak it so plainly. He rather liked that.
Made him grin.

He nudged her with his shoulder. "Guess, you know," he blushed more, felt silly asking it, his smile turned nervous. "Well, my fingers aren't so deft," he let a cool breath out. "For now," he reminded himself. "Mind... helping me eat?"

Gods. He wanted to die of embarrassment.

He wasn't sure why.

He'd helped nurse others back from wounds and injury before. Rounds at the healers hut were part of their training. Healing and medicine. Tending the sick of the village. All part of what they did. He just wasn't used to being the one so out of sorts. Hale and hearty as he was.

• Yay
It amused her a little that he could find the strength when he really needed it. Apparently standing up and holding her and making her feel all woozy too was enough of a motivation. Lorinna took that as a compliment.

She didn't let the amusement show, however, in case he thought it was at his expense.

"Of course not," she said quietly.

Lorinna placed the tray down, stood up and helped him sit up more comfortably. She got on with the task without offering more sympathy than necessary.

He was hurt, she would help him recover without needing any thanks. It was simple.

She barely acknowledged the innkeeper dragging in a tub and setting it in the middle of the room, or his son who came back and forth with some buckets of cold water before two heavy pans of boiled water to make it tepid.

"Do you think you might be up to a wagon ride home tomorrow? Get one of our healers to help mend you."

• Nervous
The innkeeper and the son poured the heavy pans into the tub. Hot water sloshed against the wooden walls, and faint wisps of steam rose up.

He blinked. Chewed on some of the cured meat and bread Lori had pieced apart for him.

Steam diffused through the room, made the air just a bit heavier.

...a wagon ride home tomorrow?

The innkeep and his son made to leave. Left some soaps near the basin. Bars of pine scented beeswax. The door clicked behind them after they'd bowed politely.

His mind went back to them. The night before. What she had said just moments ago. The bath!

He suddenly felt nervous. Unsure. "Does this end when we go home?"

• Yay
"Well the wagon is back and..." Lorinna started to say.

She started talking before she realised that the tone of his voice meant he was asking a different question.

Lorinna turned sharply to look at him, canting her head to one side.

"Oh you silly elf," she murmured.

"No, no of course it doesn't," she said more firmly before offering a smile. She placed a hand over his.

"I'm sorry if I'm just...I dunno...looking after your health and not..."

She didn't know how to phrase this. It was new ground for her. She took her hand back, waving them both in frustration, enable to express herself. She was outside of the very formal confines of how courting usually worked.

"We'll work it out, but I want to be with you. Okay?"

• Ctuhlu senpai
Oh you silly elf

Hector's long ears twitched. His face felt warm and he wanted to look away. Of course it would be, right? Over. He was part elf. No part of him noble. She had already had so much taken from her when she was sent to be a squire.

"I mean, it's -" he stammered.

No, no of course it doesn't

His voice caught, his face flushed all the more as she placed her hand over his. His own smile crept across his lips upon seeing hers. Slow, like butter being warmed on a heating skillet.

Her hand pulled away. She was just as mixed up as he was.

But just as sure too. Funny that.

Once her hands settled, he took her left into his right. "Ok," he said. With a nod. "We leave tomorrow," he said as he gave her hand a squeeze. It didn't quite flex through the tips of his fingers, but it was firm. Sure.

She wanted to be with him.

His hand slipped from hers and wrapped slowly across the small of her back. He leaned against her, rest his head against her. "You stink, Astarel," He whispered. "You're tired." He kissed the side of her face. "You looked after me, fed me, and the bath is right there." He buried his face against hers and wrapped himself around her. "Let's take a bath?" He seemed to groan. "Be together," he kissed her neck. "Then rest," he said simple and bright as he pulled away and smiled at her. "If you want, I mean," he smirked.

• Yay
You stink, Astarel,

"Why thank you," she replied.

Lorinna had spent so much time in layers of padding and armour and it was only now that she felt self conscious about it.

With a moment to spare to think backwards, instead of forwards, it was slightly embarrassing to realise how little she had acknowledged what had been building between them.

"I'd best help you in first," she said.

Lorinna couldn't prevent the warmth spreading up the sides of her neck again. It made practical sense. It was just going to be awkward.

• Cthuulove