Private Tales A Dark Winter's day

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
A maddening of colour blossomed at her cheeks, not at all due to the winter chill. His arm felt as if it was made to mold against her like so, and she found herself hoping he would not withdraw too soon.

"I am ever patient... except when I wrote to Saang after I learned your intentions to propose marriage. Only then was I unable to wait... but I told myself that a Night Court Lord such as yourself is one to wait for." She would need time to design her own wedding dress, of course, and to make dresses for each of her sisters. There would be time to convince the littlest of Lusces to wear a dress, so that everything would be perfect for such a momentous day with Paetr.

"Although... I must admit, there exists impatience in my patience. A strong need to call you mine already, but... these arrangements do take time, and I do wish it would hasten."

Paetr

At a glance, Aeron had remained more than one turn behind them. She was still there, as they found out every time Paetr chose the wrong direction and turned back.

"I should cut my way through this thing..." he muttered. Were he at home, his impatience would have ruled him - in more than one way - and he would have cut through to the centre of the maze with an off hand joke.

Saang would have been very, very upset. And it would have showed one of his darker sides to Seryn too soon.

For a moment he thought he had found the centre. Instead it was a little square with a small water fountain. A little decoration on the way through. Paetr took the opportunity to stop.

"Then do so," he said, "regardless of the arrangements just look up at me and say it."

Paetr turned around the look down at Seryn, meeting her gaze and waiting to see if she was bold enough.

• Scared
Reactions: Seryn Lusce
Heat rose to her cheeks as his question stole the very breath from her lungs, it becoming lost to the cold air in a puff of white.

"Paetr..." It came in the softest whisper, green tourmaline eyes unblinking as she looked up at the much taller Duannan.

He was here, and she was in his arms. It gave her courage to speak, to admit to him her deepest desire.

"You are mine, Lord Paetr. And I should hope you will have me to call your own too." Her eyes glistened, shocked that she could not take back the words. "Promise me?" As she would promise him. Seryn's hands braced against his biceps to steady herself as she leaned to her toes, lifting her head. Her pink lips parted, warming the air again. "Seal it with a kiss." Her voice had been so soft, but she knew Paetr would hear every word.

• Yay
Reactions: Paetr
Paetr felt that flutter down low in his gut. The nervous excitement he might get in the middle of a battle. He was young by fae standards, but already many of his pursuits bored him.

This one did not.

He was hanging off every word. Words had a power. They had built their customs, their behaviours and everything around the impact that the spoken word could have for their kind. When a name was used, even if it was not the truest, fundamental name in the magical aether of the world but a chosen word, it had the strength to bind.

He smiled as she said the words he wanted to hear. There was a glint in his eyes. A flare of magic, of intent, hidden behind glass.

"You are mine Seryn," he said. He didn't whisper, his voice was too low, too hoarse. He spoke quietly, but she would feel each word reveberate through her.

And then he kissed her. Kissed her as if dry lips were parched as she was the only oasis. Paetr did nothing that could be considered untoward, but the strength of his grip at her back and at her hip, it could set the imagination firing.

• Love
Seryn willingly gave Paetr her patient breath as his lips had taken hers into a kiss that sealed their promise. A first kiss, was that not a monumental transaction? She was glad to gift it to Paetr, the one intending to marry her and spoil her with a love she knew grew for him with each second.

Her hand squeezed at his arms, desperate to hold something as she lost herself against him.

How her heart pounded beneath the confines of her ribs; a cage that soon found the strong organ to compete with strength. Finally, a hand was loosed to wind it's way to Paetr's neck, pulling them closer as her lips took a brief reprieve. "Then so be it." She sealed their promises with another kiss, surprised by the hunger that warmed her against him.

Paetr smiled into that first, tentative kiss as she gripped him. He adored the way she clung to him, drew him down to her. She was, after all, a Lusce. She had been denied her passions for far too long. A small spark was being applied to dried kindling and soon that fire would roar. Perhaps she should not be forced to wait for too long.

He felt the warmth of her breath on damp lips, her eyes just inches from his own.

So be it, he silently echoed back.

Paetr tilted his head to one side, deepening the kiss, his tongue dancing across hers. Easing her into the rhythm of something more heated. That true heat still just beyond her reach, tantalising.

When they broke he was out of breath. He playfully caught her full, lower lip between his teeth and gave a gentle tug. She would feel that tingle for hours, he thought to himself.

Paetr pressed his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. When he breathed out, the tremble of his lip turned it to a shuddering sigh. Stood above her, drawing her into his chest where she could feel his heart, her body flush to his.

"I should apologise, for my lack of patience. But I have no fucking intentions of doing so. None."

• Love
How reckless, she thought to herself, to be so selfish and impatient.

It had been worth it, this stolen moment with Paetr. As he apologised, lifting her so that they were matched in almost height, Seryn's hands held either side of his face. "And I should apologise for..." She was lost, unsure if she truly were sorry. Words were ready at her lips, but she could not bring herself to speak them.

"Do not hold back, my Lord. You have me here now, in your arms... why wait?" Seryn remembered his hand beneath her skirts during the Hunt, the way he clamped a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet as he stirred new sensations across her entire frame. "I forbid you to make me wait."

• Smug
"I forbid you to make me wait."

"Forbid me?" Paetr asked.

He wasn't annoyed, but there was a dark stormcloud his eyes. It was a mischievous edge, not anger.

He leaned away, putting some space between them.

"Because making you wait is now going to be so much fun."

He let that settle for a few seconds. Had she nodded forbid him, she might already be subject to the full weight of his passions.

"But maybe not for long. Perhaps that wheel doesn't get fixed tonight..."

A frown changed the usual pleasant expression that Seryn wore, for the first time denied something she had wanted. More than anything, she had wanted Paetr to claim what she thought was rightfully his. It was that dark, dangerous glint to his stare that fed Seryn's pouting.

"Paetr..." Her voice came out in a soft whine. "Do not let them fix that wheel." Her eyes were serious, staring at him as if the dark jewel toned greens would convince him enough.

"In fact. Stay for dinner... the night. I insist. Your people too."

• Popcorn
"They were only pretending to work on it anyway," Paetr said with a shrug.

He didn't even have the grace to look apologetic for his terrible ruse. Now she was on his side of it, he felt far more confident about the entire scheme.

He looked around them and now he looked as if his own patience was wearing thin.

"Come, give me a hint, are we even going in the right direction?"

• Cthuulove
His ruse brought a smile to her face.

"I would counter that and say wherever you lead us, my Lord, is the right way. I only wish to be at your side each turn we take."

Paetr