Fable - Ask Whispers In The Trees

A roleplay which may be open to join but you must ask the creator first

Nero Dakkar

The Elven Thief
Character Biography
Link

proxy.php

[ Somewhere in the Forrest outside Fal'Addas]

Nero Drakkar would be moving steadily along the tree tops in the misty, quiet forrest. His pace was light and his movements fluid as his feet landing branch to branch made not the sound and left not a print. The sun would breakthrough certain gaps in the high tree tops as the beam of light would leave small particles floating in the air as his green robed with brown shirt blended with his surroundings. His green eyes would scan along as his bow was strapped on his back with a quiver of arrows on a belt on his side. Two daggers tucked into his boots as his eyes finally caught a small river flowing and carving itself through the forrest. Pushing himself off the branch he would land on the grass and approach the river. Kneeling down and cupping his hand in the water to take a mouthful.

For a Thief and Tracker he enjoyed the smaller things in life among taking peoples coins or items. He still was a Elf and his roots to the wildland were deep as his love for it. His tattooed face turning to take in the scenery and enjoy it as animals though close and distant would appear to drink from the river. The backdrop of some form of birds howling in the backdrop to mate and the wind managing to find itself in the maze of trees to give a slight blow to the green grass and give it a wave look to it. His moment of peace was cut short as he turned to see a stag looking at him and huffing. His antlers pointed down and his front right leg kicking back the dirt in a stance. Nero would stare at him as he slowly took out his bow and drew a arrow pointing at it.

"Amin don't merna a' hurt lle.." If one spoke his language would know he said "I Don't want to hurt you my friend." The stag would stare at him for a good bit and stand its ground before slowly stopping and just looking at him. He would lower his bow and arrow as he looked right back at the stag and nodded. It would let out a rough grunt and turn around making its way back down the stream as he stood there and sighed.\

Inarie

• Yay
Reactions: Inarie
The wind brushed a gentle breeze up against Inarie’s skin and with delight the elven maiden tasted the air. A mixture of mossy, earthy aromas and the welcoming feeling of home sent a shiver of glee through her ancient body and the lithe female snuck through the endless woodlands of Falwood with a content smile on her lips. Will I ever grow tired of this place? Inarie thought to herself and gently placed a hand against the bark of a tree.

The corners of her lips turned upwards. I don’t think so.

A ladybug landed on her shoulder and with a curious look, Inarie’s ruby eyes locked on the small creature. Nature could never bore her, no matter how many centuries she had lived amidst it all – the flow of life was a spectacle of its own kind and the elf found happiness in the small things. Thus, Inarie shied away from larger settlements and lived a hermit-like life in the forests Arethil.

As time passed, the aspect of Inarie’s being ascended into something foreign, fueled by magic and shaped by the life essence of everything around her. Once in a while rumors of a shape-shifting, sylvan spirit would rattle villages located closely to the woods, but only rarely did Inarie get entangled in actual conversation with mortals anymore. Her powers were a gift to the world, less the people living within it.

Of course Inarie loved to make exceptions.

The raven-haired elf gave the approaching stag’s snout a gentle squeeze before a bright, heartfelt laughter erupted from her throat. “Oh please,” she said to the majestic animal. “Go and bicker with someone your size,” she gestured down the stream and watched as the stag trotted away, not failing to notice a hint of defiance in its swagger. With a smile, the she-elf continued on and followed the dirt path until she was in close distance of the other person present.

Her smile turned meek and Inarie peeked around a large tree with a sense of caution in her movements. A pacifist most of the time, Inarie rarely felt threatened as she found ways to avoid violence and conflict over and over again. There was nothing provoking or hostile about her approach and if anything, her tattooed face and sun-kissed skin should trigger a sense of familiarity in the other elf.

“You must be tired from your travels,” the woman spoke.

“Would you like to join me for supper?”

Nero Drakkar would turn slightly to hear a soft voice call to him. His tattooed head would turn to face the voice behind him. Perking a eyebrow as she also was an Elf with tattoos, not uncommon but to be all the way out here on her own it was. Nero would stare at her bluntly for a second while the water trickled in the background and birds chirped among the trees as the wind whistled. "It's been a journey." was he all he said he was a bit skeptical. From his journeys and past experience travelling through the forest was usually dangerous and people would love to stab you for the thrill of it. Though a Thief himself he was always usually on guard wherever he went.

Turning his green eyes to scan around her and among up in the trees he would finally turn back to face her. "You must live around here? Why're you out so far in the Woods?" His curiosity was getting the better of him as a small bird ended up swinging from the trees and perching on his shoulder. It hopped very timidly around his shoulder and pecked at his attire before turning and flying off into the tree tops. The wind whistled and blew his silver hair across his forehead as his lips pursed into a interested look. It would be getting dark soon and even for a Elf knew better than to stay out in the deep part of the Forest in the dark. Things lurk and come out to hunt.

He would still be on edge until she answered his question. His eyes scanning along the environment around her as past from the war, robbing and staying alive always was the driving motivation in how he acted.

Inarie

Inarie’s lips curled into a softer, more natural smile. When the elf saw how much suspicion lay in his little movements, such as the arch of his brow and the blunt stare he gave in response to her words, she realized that there was still much to be understood about how every individual expressed themselves – and each time it was interesting and curious all the same.

Elves especially were a unique bunch and Inarie still had much to learn about her own kind. Immediately, she noticed similarities between them as well as things that set them apart. Twirly tattooes adorned his tan skin, all of them without a doubt with great meaning to his person, but their ears were much different, as it was often the case with elven people.

Just as she thought about it, a quick wiggle went through hers and due to their long, slim shape the movement was clearly visible – and perhaps comical to look at. As someone who didn’t speak much, Inarie’s body language was rather distinctive. “Oh, I know my way around these woods,” she said with a bright voice in response to his question.

“As do you, I’m sure of it.”

“It’s a bit quiet, yes, but mellow and peaceful,”
the she-elf explained and gestured around. Inarie had chosen the woods not because she despised other people or even disliked their company; the female simply felt as though there was much more to see here, away from the busy streets of crowded towns and cities. “And the neighbours are splendid.” Inarie added with a smile and gave a nod towards the small bird that had settled down on his shoulder.

“And you? It doesn’t seem you are lost, but you don’t exactly strike me as much of a wood dweller either.” It was a simple observation, nothing more. Most elves had a natural affinity to nature and she believed that this one in particular was no different, but many preferred to live in cities and amongst other races than out here – and Inarie understood why.

Unlike her, they quickly grew bored of the quiet forest life and she couldn’t hold it against them. In her younger days she had been just like that after all.

Nero Drakkar would perk a brow as she seemed rather comfortable in the woods like she's never left by the sounding of it. "Yes I do, but I venture all over.." He would gaze around the trees as they slowly danced from the wind and leaves would blow down ever so softly to the ground as the sky was getting darker from the sun setting over the large forest. He chuckled as she mentioned her neighbor's "I'm sure they are quite lovely." His eyes focusing back at her as he thought for a second.

"I was born and raised in the Woods but I travel all over.." he shrugged softly as he finally gave in "Where is it you live? If I am coming for supper." He was curious, she seemed like she lived in a tree and was kept far away from most beings or creatures. She was rather striking and interesting. He would look back up to the dark sky slowly turning over. "We should get going..It's not safe out here in the dark." He looked at her with soft look.

"If you don't mind of course I shall join you."

Inarie Haze

• Yay
Reactions: Haze
His suspicions eased and Inarie merely gave a smile; the origins of his story weren’t uncommon, for elves especially and the raven haired woman herself had been born into similar circumstances. For elvenkind to avoid the lively cities and towns of their people – and all others – was not something unheard of and as their people naturally bonded well with all things nature, she did not once question his words.

“It does get a little lonesome sometimes,” she admitted with a shrug and took a look around; with her gaze away from Nero, Inarie’s eyes dwelled in the depths of the woodlands of their country and although none of it was new to her, it felt special each time she allowed herself to sink fully into it. “I happen upon a lost soul or two every once in a while however, and thus it rarely becomes stale.” When Nero remarked that the woods weren’t safe at night, the ancient elf almost laughed.

Nothing here had threatened her in a long time, but of course Nero and Inarie weren’t the same. “It’s not far from here,” she responded to his question about her home and when he agreed to follow, she gave a solemn nod into his direction, beginning to lead the way. “I invited you, why would I mind?” The mere thought was comical, but she assumed that that wasn’t what he’d intended when asking that question.

“My name is Inarie,” the she-elf introduced herself while guiding him along the river and down the stream.

Nero was skeptical but decided to have good faith. She seemed very different compared to most Elves and maybe he was judging to harshly compared to his previous experiences, Combat, theft, murder. She didn't seem to have any of those warning signs. He would move alongside of her as she spoke. Watching his step as they were moving along the river and down the stream to her home. "What is it you like living here alone?" he raised a eyebrow on his tattooed face as he was beginning to be rather curious about her. She was beautiful, well mannered and very relaxed.

Hearing her comment he would shrug slowly "Some people offer just to be polite, they don't mean it." he would speak from experience as they walked. Nodding to her name as he spoke softly. "I Am Nero." he had a rather sterness to him that he always had. He never meant to be unapproachable but he tended to usually scare off people. But he seemed more relaxed now than when they first began to talk.

Nero was born in the woods and spent a lot of time in them but the world was evolving. Towns were expanding and species were all over the place. You could find anyone anywhere and the old ways of the world was shifting ever so slightly year and year again. "Do you have any children? A family out here?" He moved alongside side her as he also turned to scan the trees and the opposite side of the river.

Inarie

Inarie paused when the male elf asked his questions and a little twitch around the corner of her mouth revealed that she enjoyed his candid approach. “I like everything,” said Inarie with her usual, gentle tone and gave their surroundings a quick nod. “It’s quiet and often peaceful. I seem to come across much better company here too,” the elven maiden added with a smirk; the city folk were quite alright, but too mischievous for an old soul like Inarie.

Out in the wild, where the people didn’t feel as safe anymore, their behavior changed. They became more suspicious, but also more careful and less reckless. It was the first thing she had noticed in Nero as well and while no threat applied to Inarie out here, the same thing could not be said about him. At least she didn't think so.

Thus, he was wise to act in the way that he did.

“I used to live in cities in the past and I still travel a lot.” The human world especially had grown tremendously and out there, Inarie felt as though she had to have her guard up at all times. “Things simply feel different here, at home. I know where I am and what to expect and I suppose that gives me peace of mind?” A pair of ruby red eyes now clung to Nero’s features and the raven haired elf gave her companion a long look.

“Nero,” she repeated after him. “What a lovely name.”

The pair continued down the stream until Inarie decided to lead them further into the woods, approaching an enormous tree. She kept them at a steady pace as night had fallen already and the female did not know if anyone – or anything – had followed the other elf here.

When Nero asked about family and children, whether she had any or not, Inarie simply shook her head. “No, not at all.” There was no sadness in her voice, but maybe a hint of loneliness. Living away from society also meant restricting yourself and your chance at finding a mate.

“And you? Do you always travel alone?”

Nero would nod slowly as she began to explain her way of life and how she lived. Walking alongside of her he would glance down at the ground before turning to look at her as they walked. "Do you think you're missing out on anything? like out there in that big world we live in?" He was generally curious as he lived a life of adventure, exploring, death on every corner and never once pictured himself staying somewhere and never leaving it. The pace was continuous and she seemed a bit uneasy as if they were being tailed but Nero never saw or took note of it.

As they approached a rather huge tree he would perk a eyebrow. "You couldn't perhaps go to a town? Find a lover? and come back?" He said with pure innocence without any sarcastic or rude remarks. He was being very genuine with her as he showed the same respect she gave him. He was caught off guard at her question as he never really thought of a partner or family. "No, I have no one but myself." he would answer the first question solemnly with a stern but sad tone.

He would continue as he shrugged. "I always travel alone, I spent most of my life alone, I've seen war, waterfalls and everything in between" he would chuckle as his pearly teeth shown with his dimples as he laughed softly. "I lived a life far from quiet I guess."

Inarie Haze

• Cheer
Reactions: Inarie
“Oh, I most certainly am.” The elf laughed, the sound of her clear voice sending soft ripples through the otherwise still woods. The sudden noise did not seem to bother the nearby wildlife, but Inarie did note that the world around them had fallen almost silent. It was a quiet night and their muffled movements did little to stir up any of the animals that lived around. “It’s not like I don’t travel at all,” she continued on while leading him towards a large tree. Inside of it, the hermit had made herself at home.

“I tend to do so every few years, just to see what has changed and what has remained the same.” Inarie placed a small hand onto the bark of the oak tree and with a touch of her magic it opened up its stem, inviting both elves inside. It was oddly spacious inside the hollow den, the hermit's lair resembling a neat little apartment that suited Inarie well. It had a bed, a bookshelf and a kitchen with a collection of spices and herbs and other aromas that filled the place with a pleasant scent.

Inarie blew around the room and a few candles lit up at her command. “Welcome to my humble abode,” she said and gave Nero a smile.

She motioned her hand towards the table, gesturing him to sit while Inarie herself kneeled down by the cauldron, lit up a small fire and began brewing up some tea. She found his suggestion interesting and put on a thoughtful expression, clearly contemplating her next words. “It’s not that I have never done so,” she admitted and carefully dropped a few leaves into the water. Her ruby eyes focused on a map that hung on the wall by the kitchen table and with a weary sigh, the she-elf gently shook her head.

“It’s not easy to find trust and companionship in another person when so few people carry their hearts on their sleeve.” Her gaze narrowed on Vel Anir and she turned towards Nero, lifting up her right arm to reveal a small scar reaching from the side of her breast into her armpit. “Of course one bad experience shouldn’t taint your entire view of the world, but it does make you wary.” Not enough for her to stop trusting entirely – she had invited a stranger into her home after all.

Nero was capable of being alone, perhaps not content if she knew anything about reading the voice of someone she hardly knew, but at the very least he seemed to fit in. She found that to be an admirable quality. “You certainly look the part,” She mused and poured two cups of green tea and carried it over to the table. There was something about Nero’s aura that simply oozed mischief and trouble, but not in a bad way.

“How fortunate for the two of us then.” She gave him a smile and slid a cup across the table. “That we both get to enjoy some company now, even if it’s just for the night.”

Of course he was allowed to stay for as long as he wished.