Private Tales Where Everything Kills

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Alexandria Viacian

Raven Queen
Character Biography
Link
It was an old yet large cabin, more like a mansion. It was in good condition, the keepers came up occasionally to work on the upkeep of the old Viacian family vacation home.
Gladrock Rest was situated up in the mountains surrounded by forest on three sides and a canyon on the eastern side of the property with a bridge spanning the width and making the thousand foot drop crossable. Life was constant chaos for Alexandria, keeping down rebellions and brainwashing her people was a difficult task. And while she didn't take this task on alone she found herself needing an escape from it all.

But she wasn't one for brooding alone, so she sent a message, a letter to an acquaintance of hers that she met on the road to Elbion. The tiefling man proved to be good for company so she decided to spend the month in the cabin with him to keep her entertained.

Her carriage stopped at the end of the bridge across the canyon and Alexandria stepped out. She didn't wear her flowing robes or queenly garb but dressed in a functionally short skirt, high boots, dark blouse, and a black mantle pinned with her house crest draped around her shoulders.
Her porters began hauling her luggage across the bridge while Alexandria stretched her legs and breathed in the clean air of the higher altitudes. It had been a good many years since she'd been here, not since her parents were executed and she was sold into slavery.

She really wanted to take the time off and practice with her magic some more, statecraft took up way too much of her time and she couldn't focus on her experimentations like she should have.
Years ago when she was exploring the forests as a child she'd discovered some ancient ruins, that could be the perfect place to practice once she got settled in.
Stepping on the reliable wood planks she crossed the sturdy bridge over to the place of her childhood.

proxy.php

Alden was a bit surprised when he got her letter. He hadn't heard from Viacan in a while after all. Yet he still remembered her. Quite the troubled person, but calculating and intelligent nonetheless. She was also beautiful, in a dangerous way. There was also her ego. But he could deal with that as long as she didn't expect him to lick her boots. Were there people who wanted to do that? Probably. But he was far from one of them.

The tiefling's arrival would be announced by the sound of hooves trotting on the bridge that leads across that deadly drop. He puts up his hand in a visor above his eyes to keep the sun from shining into them as he looks at the mansion. "Drops'n mountains on all sides. Even the vacation home is in a defensible position. Lass is nothin if not prepared, I suppose." He seems to have arrived not long after she did. Not long after the carriage headed off, leaving her at the house. Halfway across the bridge, he's able to catch sight of her, and gives a friendly wave.

Once fully across the bridge, he slides off his horse with a grunt. "Long time no see, lass. Or yer majesty, or whatever it is. It's been a long damn trip, I'm too tired to care." He states, rubbing his eyes. The tiefling looked handsome as ever. 4The scars that covered him when they first met had fully healed, showing up as grey stripes only slightly visible on his bluish grey skin. His naturally white hair, no longer messy, was slicked back, and his beard and mustache were now finely trimmed. His looks were a massive improvement compared to when she last saw him. He cleans up well!

In terms of his attire, it's a pretty simple outfit. A white collared shirt with a dark blue longcoat that goes down to his knees, light brown trousers, and a pair of dark brown leather boots. One his back, he's got both a longsword and a buckler stored. "Yer still lookin charming as can be." He grins, showing off those sharp teeth. He offers his hand for her to shake. "Shall we catch up over some food? I'm starvin. Haven't eaten in a day. Huntin was slow."

Alexandria Viacian

She heard the clip of horses hooves behind her and turned to see the tiefling riding across to meet her and he waved.
She didn't return the wave but instead straightened her posture and waited for him to ride up and dismount.
"Long time no see, lass. Or yer majesty, or whatever it is. It's been a long damn trip, I'm too tired to care."
She raised a critical and perfectly manicured eyebrow at this, normally she would be offended by so callous a greeting, but Aldenaxk had never stood on ceremony with her and especially out here she couldn't command it of him.
She gave him an appraising glance and noted that he indeed cleaned up well, though scars like those rarely ever went away... She was luck that she was too valuable to suffer the marks of her servitude.
"It certainly has been a long time, Sir Drazukel. 'Milady' will suffice."
She was secretly pleased that he answered her call but there was no need to let on about it. She had an image to keep and she suddenly realized that bringing someone besides a servant to this place might reveal too much about herself.

"Yer still lookin charming as can be." He grins, showing off those sharp teeth. He offers his hand for her to shake. "Shall we catch up over some food? I'm starvin. Haven't eaten in a day. Huntin was slow."
She allowed herself a small smile at the compliment and she took his hand, not to shake but instead to curtsy while offering her ring to kiss.
"The servants are moving everything in and should have the kitchen in order shortly. We can go inside and enjoy some wine until dinner is ready."
With that she led the way inside the mansion. The interior was more rural than a mansion, but far more modern than a rugged cabin. After the entryway the main room was dominated by the dining room with a massive table that a maid had just finished scrubbing down, the wooden chairs were cushioned with downed pillows. To the right was the sitting room with couches and lounging chairs, to the left was a library currently being dusted by another maid. On the far end of the room was a staircase going up to the second floor and doors that led to the kitchen, pantry, and cellar.

This place held memories, Alexandria could almost hear her little feet pounding the upstairs floor to come downstairs for dinner. She remembered where her father sat at the head of the table, her mother on his right side, and she on his left. The servants always cooked amazing food and something about the rural setting made it taste even better.

She moved to the sitting room where a servant was sifting the ashes of the great fireplace and outside the heard the chop of firewood.
Even here she remembered exactly where her father sat, the great comfy chair situated both before the fire and in front of the window, she remembered sitting on his lap and falling asleep as they watched the sunset fade over the blue horizon.
Almost as if she were in a trance she moved to that chair and sat in it... There was only one left that could fill this seat, and she felt so small in the chair that once held a mighty man.

Snapping out of her reverie she clapped her hands and called to a servant. "Bring some wine to the sitting room for me and our guest."

The scars honestly added a sort of rugged handsomeness to the tiefling. The look you'd expect of a wandering mercenary, though he made a point to dress slightly better. People tended to be more open to a tiefling that looked civilized in comparison to a tiefling that looked like the average highway bandit. "Aye, at least a year or so since you dragged me off of the beach." He chuckles slightly. "Milady it is then." He doesn't say 'Milady' with deep reverence or honor. It's respectful, sure. But not anything more than that. It's just a word to refer to someone as, nothing more.

He stares at her hand as she offers it fingers up instead of taking his hand for the handshake. There's a split second of confusion before he realizes. "Ah, right. My bad. I don't react to the royal sort." He takes the hand, bringing it up to his lips to plant a peck before letting it go. "Last royal I met was king of the goblins. He sat on my companion. He's uh...he's big. Overall, underdark? Don't get me wrong, dark elves are hot. But even they ain't worth that trip." He talks to her more like a casual companion than actual royalty. Such could be annoying...or refreshing. The fact that he has no fears in her presence shows either a lot of fortitude, or a surplus of ignorance. Either way, his attitude is warm and welcoming.

He nods in agreement. "A nice red wine sounds heavenly. I've only had old grog for the past week. Somethin that isn't absolute swill will be a welcome change." He follows along behind her, eyes drifting about. This was a nicer place, nicer than any he'd ever stayed in for sure. How'd he stumble this far? Going from staying in a tent to living it up with royalty was quite the jump over multiple steps on the stairs.

As they step fully inside, he pauses. He had no idea what her full situation was, but a certain somberness filled the room, one which he decided not to interrupt with words. He simply stood by, allowing her to take in the sights and memories. She had lost people, that much he could tell. The world of royalty was a treacherous place. All royals had lost someone. He takes a seat in the chair nearest to her after she sits down. "Dunno who you're missin, but may the wind always blow in their sails, Milady." It was a term sailors used as well wishes. He says it with a smile, meant to be somewhat comforting.

Alexandria Viacian

• Bless
Reactions: Alexandria Viacian
"Last royal I met was king of the goblins. He sat on my companion. He's uh...he's big. Overall, underdark? Don't get me wrong, dark elves are hot. But even they ain't worth that trip."
She scoffed a little in good humor.
"You certainly get around. I've heard of the Underdark but know little else besides its existence."

"Dunno who you're missin, but may the wind always blow in their sails, Milady."
She took a deep breath and gave a haughty flip of her hair over her shoulder, concealing her feelings.
"Your well wishes are appreciated, but it's my mother and father, and they were executed by their own subjects. I was sold into slavery by those same subjects."
The maid brought them glasses on a tray and poured wine for them.
Alexandria took one glass and sipped it while she watched the sun slowly sink towards the horizon.

"Underdark ain't a good place for humans to be. So it'd be best that ye give it a wide berth. I'm able to make it about down there because they like the infernal and eldritch stuff down there. I'm not exactly liked, but I'm interesting enough to not be enslaved, It's like when ya see a cool animal in the wild, if that makes sense?" He shrugs. "Sadly, I'm not good at flirtin with dark elves, or flirtin in general really." While perfectly sociable and easy to get along with, the tiefling these days....he typically kept to being a loner after the loss of his crew.

He takes up his glass of red wine after the maid pours him a glass. "Thank ye lass. You're an angel." He states, a playful salute given to the maid before he takes a sip from the wine glass. He shuts his eyes, taking a few moments to enjoy the flavor. "Ahhh...just what I was needin." With the sip taken, he returns his focus to Alexandria. "Yer letter didn't really say much other than for me to come. You need anythin from me or am I just here to hang out?"

Alexandria Viacian

• Cthuloo
She listened to his description of the Underdark, and while it sounded intriguing to say the least she didn't want to think about being in chains again.
"Sadly, I'm not good at flirtin with dark elves, or flirtin in general really."
She gave a scoffing laugh, "Somehow I highly doubt that! Even injured you always had a witty quip on the tip of your tongue."

"Thank ye lass. You're an angel."
The maid looked startled at the compliment. She said nothing but blushed and bowed to him as she moved away.
Alexandria smirked, "I rest my case."

"Yer letter didn't really say much other than for me to come. You need anythin from me or am I just here to hang out?"
Alexandria sipped her wine before answering.
"Don't know... Perhaps it was a fit of whimsy. I'm sure a use for you being here will occur to me eventually."
She crossed her legs and sipped her wine again.

He grins slightly. "Wit is my coping mechanism. I may not look it, lass-" Then he clears his throat, noticing the mistake. "Milady. But I do get scared. Though, that's the thing about being scared. First step to not being afraid? It's to pretend you aren't afraid. Fear is one of the few things in life where you can fake it till you make it. After all, ain't pretending to not be afraid in the face of something you fear an action that takes a lot of willpower in'o itself? The things I deal with, you gotta be able to look them right in they eyes, or they'll eat you up."

Alden takes a sip from his wine, noticing the maid blushing as Alexandria states her case. The tiefling shrugs. "Trust me, I apparently wasn't considered nearly this pretty before I got the scars. Apparently the world is full of weirdos that think scars are hot? I use blood magic, so luckily I've got plenty'o those. Speaking of blood magic." He pauses, looking serious for a moment. "Gave ye a vial of blood last we saw eachother. Ye didn't do anything stupid like drink it, did ya? I'm sure you're smarter than that, but never assume intelligence. You'll always be disappointed."

The tiefling then takes a little metal case out of his bag, and flicks it open to reveal a case of cigarettes, though they seem to be full of some herb instead of actual tobacco. "This allowed in here? I can just step outside later if not. It's an herbal remedy I make. Calms the mind. You can try one too if yer feeling adventurous." he chuckles.

Alexandria Viacian

• Popcorn
"Wit is my coping mechanism. I may not look it, lass-" Then he clears his throat, noticing the mistake. "Milady. But I do get scared. Though, that's the thing about being scared. First step to not being afraid? It's to pretend you aren't afraid. Fear is one of the few things in life where you can fake it till you make it. After all, ain't pretending to not be afraid in the face of something you fear an action that takes a lot of willpower in'o itself? The things I deal with, you gotta be able to look them right in they eyes, or they'll eat you up."
He made a lot of sense... But her fears, her phobias, her trauma... If she were to face them now she would find herself crippled, broken down and destroyed.
But again he did make some sense, pretending was how one showed no fear even if secretly one was paralyzed with it. And pretending was all she could do.
"Fear is also a tool, one that I've grown proficient in wielding. Fear in others from others, fear of me and what I could do... People can't hurt you if their frozen by the fear of you."

"Trust me, I apparently wasn't considered nearly this pretty before I got the scars. Apparently the world is full of weirdos that think scars are hot? I use blood magic, so luckily I've got plenty'o those. Speaking of blood magic." He pauses, looking serious for a moment. "Gave ye a vial of blood last we saw eachother. Ye didn't do anything stupid like drink it, did ya? I'm sure you're smarter than that, but never assume intelligence. You'll always be disappointed."
She smiled wistfully. She had to admit to herself that scars were very attractive, of course normally this was a sentiment in relation to the torture she's personally inflicted on those rebellious insurrectionists trying to dethrone her.
But the scars that crisscrossed Alden's body were altogether different and, as he said, hot.
Wil'Ziam had been silent up to now, allowing Alexandria her moment of reflection. But now his voice whispered in her mind in a teasing singsong tone, "You liiiiiiike him!"
Alexandria smirked and stifled a laugh behind another sip of wine.
To his question she shook her head, "No. It's being kept safe in a secure location where I'm studying it. I've been experimenting with transmutation and converting my magic from raw energy into different elements and substances. Your blood has been a useful catalyst for that research."

"This allowed in here? I can just step outside later if not. It's an herbal remedy I make. Calms the mind. You can try one too if yer feeling adventurous."
She glanced over at the case for a moment, considering.
"I'd rather not have that inside for now. I'm feeling more nostalgic than adventurous at the moment."

"Humans need to learn how to invoke fear in folk, intimidation doesn't come that natural. I've never had that problem." He taps one of his horns. "I put fear in folk whether I want to or not. Does it have it's moments? Sure. But most of the time it's just annoyin. Like, I'm trying to order a drink and the bartender won't stop stuttering. Hunters mistaking me for a demon. There was that one time a demon worshiper mistook me for a dark lord. That was somehow even more awkward." He shivers slightly, shaking his head before he takes another sip of wine. "This world ain't used to my kind yet."

When he hears she's using it as a research catalyst, he nods slightly. "You can use it as a catalyst for other research, however, I urge caution when researching the blood itself. There are things the mortal mind ain't meant to know. Things that lurk in the beyond, swimming in an abyss even further out than the infernal plane." Would she be puzzled by his words? Likely. But her demon friend might know. The debate on whether or not eldritch or demons were the deadliest was still ongoing, however the eldritch were shrouded in more mystery. A mystery often harmful to the human mind when found out. Though, how Alden was related to such beings was still a mystery. He wasn't overly open about it.

He flicks the case shut with his thumb and puts it away. "Nostalgic eh? Never been nostalgic on my part. I don't really have a place I can return to for nostalgia. That place was sunk."

Alexandria Viacian

• Sip
"Humans need to learn how to invoke fear in folk, intimidation doesn't come that natural. I've never had that problem." He taps one of his horns. "I put fear in folk whether I want to or not. Does it have it's moments? Sure. But most of the time it's just annoyin. Like, I'm trying to order a drink and the bartender won't stop stuttering. Hunters mistaking me for a demon. There was that one time a demon worshiper mistook me for a dark lord. That was somehow even more awkward." He shivers slightly, shaking his head before he takes another sip of wine. "This world ain't used to my kind yet."
Alexandria smiled at this. She could understand what he was talking about, her own demon often had the same effect on those unfortunate enough to see him. She used that fear against people as well.
"Some are more adept than others. Slavery teaches many things about fear, motivation, reward, punishment, how to break a persons spirit as quickly as possible. Humiliation and dehumanizing are key tools to shatter a persons will, make them doubt their own worth and make them less than human. The weak are reduced to mindless cattle only able to obey without question or complaint."

"You can use it as a catalyst for other research, however, I urge caution when researching the blood itself. There are things the mortal mind ain't meant to know. Things that lurk in the beyond, swimming in an abyss even further out than the infernal plane."
She chuckles at this and takes another sip of her wine, "You certainly make it difficult to resist! The temptation to do just that only grows the more you urge against it! Tell me, what sort of things have you been able to comprehend? What sort of madness have you seen that's made you so cautioning of this path of research?"

"Shatterin will, humiliation. That sorta stuff ain't really ever been my thing." He shrugs. "I just lop off their heads and get it over with. It's up to them whether they're shattered or humiliated. I just wanna turn the head in so I can eat. Whatever god they worshipped can sort them out." A simple view to have, but efficient, and certainly not invalid for someone who has to depend on contracts to survive day to day. He takes yet another slow sip of his wine, enjoying the flavor.

He goes silent for a long few moments as she asks him of the things he's witnessed, the horrors mortals are not meant to see. He decides to fill her in. Finally, he speaks up. "It's name is E̵̲̓̊z̸̤̐͝g̴͇̑ȓ̷̪i̵̦͙͠b̷͇̱̆l̶̯̂̑e̴͓̥̔͊. My relative, that is." One of two things would happen upon him stating that name. Either she would momentarily get a sharp headache, or her demon friend would intercept the eldritch weight behind those words, knowing them to be harmful. Either way, to her, it would seem like she heard what he said, but didn't understand it, didn't comprehend it. His lips moved, something came out that was audible, yet she still understood nothing. Like a limbo between hearing and silence, as if the words were forgotten the moment he spoke them. "Their blood runs through me, I dunno how I'm related to them, being an orphan and such. But I am. They're an asshole by the way. I fear messing with that blood would give them a medium in which to torment ye. They would communicate, but would not give you power. Only madness." His eyes meet hers.

"I have dreamt of the dark planes beyond the infernal, where things that should remain undisturbed drift in the darkness. The greatest mercy in this world is the inability of the mortal mind to correlate all of it's contents, Alexandria Viacian. We are on an island of ignorance surrounded by black seas of infinity, and it was not meant for us to voyage far. If you voyage too far, you will be lost, never to return. Do ye understand?" He raises a brow. This is the most serious she's seen him. He addressed her by her full name no matter the consequences of it. That's a pretty telling sign that he's not kidding around.

Alexandria Viacian

• Popcorn
Wil'Ziam did indeed protect her psyche from the utterance of that eldritch name but she was still puzzled by the perceived power behind it... It was interesting at the very least.
"Their blood runs through me, I dunno how I'm related to them, being an orphan and such. But I am. They're an asshole by the way. I fear messing with that blood would give them a medium in which to torment ye. They would communicate, but would not give you power. Only madness."
Alexandria smirked, "I'm almost envious, but not quite, I take pride in the fact that my mother was a green hag and that the power in my blood comes from her. I don't fully understand it, but I will one day."

His tone changed as he gave his warning.
"I have dreamt of the dark planes beyond the infernal, where things that should remain undisturbed drift in the darkness. The greatest mercy in this world is the inability of the mortal mind to correlate all of it's contents, Alexandria Viacian. We are on an island of ignorance surrounded by black seas of infinity, and it was not meant for us to voyage far. If you voyage too far, you will be lost, never to return. Do ye understand?" He raises a brow. This is the most serious she's seen him. He addressed her by her full name no matter the consequences of it. That's a pretty telling sign that he's not kidding around.
She excused his use of her full name, she wasn't ready to have him removed from her presence already when she went to the trouble of inviting him.
She narrowed her gaze at him but didn't quite glare.
"I believe that you believe what you're saying. It could very well be true that a glimpse of this infinity would drive any mortal mind mad. But in the here and now, with the real world, while your warnings may be well meaning my patience can only withstand so much condescension from one who is socially my lesser. Let us change the topic."

"I've got pride in me magical ability. Just not in my relative. I much dislike my relative, I have insomnia because of his ass." He shakes his head, frowning slightly. He decides to wash down the memory of his relative with another gulp of wine.

When he gets an earful in regards to him using her full name, he doesn't look surprised, it's exactly what he intended. Milady would have caused the risk of her casually disregarding it, or not taking it as seriously as she should. By poking the bubble that is her social station by using her full name, it may have angered her, but he had her full attention and those words would not leave her memory, be it from her heeding his warning, of from her anger towards his disrespect. Either way, his words would be remembered, and that's what matters. The tiefling gives a bow of his head. "My apologies. So, Milady, what else do ye wish to converse of?"

Alexandria Viacian

• Sip
"My apologies. So, Milady, what else do ye wish to converse of?"
Her complaint had little to do with his use of her full name, though that played a small part in the general condescending tone he took with her everytime the subject of the eldritch came up. How he lorded his knowledge of the subject over her and deemed his warnings important enough to risk disrespecting her and raising her ire... As if he actually cared if an evil girl like her kept her sanity.

But now it was time to change the subject.
"Have you ever been to Ravencrest Village? My holding in the foothills of the Seret mountains. My home, castle Viacian watches over it."