Private Tales Whatever Helps You Sleep At Night

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Tian was silent for a long moment, stretched almost to the point of discomfort. After which he huffed a bitter laugh to himself, and shook his head. "Somehow I always thought he would try to be the center of attention among his ... peers. Shattered dreams and subverted expectations it is, then."

He relaxed his posture, turned to face the other assassin. The time for wariness was over; if she was going to kill him it would have already been accomplished. "I very seldom venture into your lands. I would say never, except I know I have been to Spring at least once." He paused, unseen face giving the impression of intense stares. "I do not remember a lot of my life, you must understand. Not amnesia, and not necessarily glam. Finite amount of space in this old head, only so much sticks." A pause. "The Night, that would be in the mountains?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Serryn
After a long, strange silence, Tian finally spoke. Serryn tucked away the bit of information.

"Something like that," she replied to his question, a dry smile creeping across her face. "I know how to get there, and that is all that matters. The Night Court prefers to stay mysterious and somewhat hidden."

Her home had been in the Spring Court, and in that moment, she knew that Tian was the one who had killed her family- he could not remember much about it, but he did say he had been to Spring at least once. To kill her family. She found that it was not anger or relief for discovering the truth, but rather a strange sense of calm, that she knew her next steps.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Tian
"So," he said. "How exactly do we find this delightful fae-Lord, then?"

He could still see the face, etched into his minds' eye, but that was all that remained of the Lord after two centuries of aimlessness. Well, not completely aimless; he killed the right people now instead of at the behest of coin. Usually, anyway.

"I doubt my presence in any of the Courts would be appreciated. Your kind do not exactly see me and mine as equals." Or even as second-class, as the hierarchy among the Fae was very rigid by his understanding of things.

• Popcorn
"Glamours," Serryn replied, in response to his question and his statement regarding his presence in the courts. "They are going to be our friends for the next few years. Or however long it takes to give him what he deserves."

She was well-practiced in glamours, and they would have to use them to combat Avanth's. They would have to use fire to fight fire, in a sense, but they would have to be careful not to burn the world down in the process.

"I can get to the Night Court through ley lines, so if you wish to be a part of his downfall, you will have to meet me there,"

"Glamours will be your friend," he said in a desert-dry voice. "You fae have a great deal of skill with such things. I am just a human."

One without those particular talents. Of course, he had gifts in other areas. He was certain of his ability to fight most anyone to a stand still, if not outright defeat them. The high fae were simply faster and stronger than most, required more skill or luck.

"I can not get to your Night Court, and I would be unwilling to face an enemy like him on his own turf. Assuming that it is, which is perhaps a wild assumption. But then, I do not know the Courts. I do not know the fae specifically - in this, you have me at a disadvantage."

Serryn thought that Tian might enjoy being difficult, and perhaps that was why Avanth no longer had use for him.

"I could glamour you," she replied, "if you wanted to take your own revenge."

She was beginning to see that perhaps Tian would not be able to come with her on this journey to the Night Court, and was that a bit of relief she felt? Yes. She would freely admit it, even to his face, and she knew he wouldn't care. He had murdered her family because someone told him to and while he believed there was nothing else he could do, there was, but now Serryn was going to do it. She would not let a defeatist attitude get the best of her, or an old grumpy human with a defeatist attitude.

"If you have no other information to give me, then I best get started,"
she replied eventually. "Join me or don't, but I leave tomorrow morning."

• Yay
Reactions: Tian
"I don't know what I want, anymore." Not melancholic, not self-pitying. No, the words have the ring of truth, simple and straightforward. "My talents have been bent towards ruining the days of the oppressive and abusive for some time now. My patron will live forever, and so will I apparently. An opportunity will present itself eventually."

He started to move off, pauses, and then turns back. He slowly and deliberately reaches into one of the many pockets sewn into his clothing, and withdraws a throwing knife. There is nothing remarkable about it other than the excessively high quality of its make. He pauses a moment, flips it so he is holding the blade, and then presses his thumb hard against the steel.

Magic of a sort swirls round them, something eldritch and fae in nature.

He offers the knife to her.

"I have used some of the gift of my patron to imbue this weapon. Hold it and think of me, and it will summon me." He pauses, and grins. "But not quickly. Also, the magic imbued in this blade belongs to the Lord. You might be able to use it to track him. Just be aware...he may be able to feel you, too."

• Sip
Serryn listened and watched as he started to walk away. He turned back around, did some sort of magic on the blade, and then handed it to her.

She paused for a minute, then returned Tian's grin, flipping the knife over in her hand, before sticking it in her belt.

"Good," she said, pulling her head back over her head as she started to back down into the alley where she had come. "Let him feel me. I'll be waiting for him,"

/END THREAD/