Fate - First Reply What Lies in the Shadows

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
"Normally I don't tell people this, but both of you helped me and I won't be seeing you anytime soon probably so..."

He looked up from a spot on the vessel that he had been checking over one last time.

"Me and the winds are friends. I ask them to do something and they usually help out. That doesn't mean they always do whatever I want, but as long as I'm nice and I don't ask too much of them, they are usually willing to help out."

Morenli

Korenjo stared at Edward, before turning to Morenli. “He says he’s friends with the winds. Could he…”

Morenli was surprised. “Could he be Blessed? But he’s not Kivren.”

“Maybe it’s from one of their Gods, I have never heard of this.”
The male turned from their whispering to Edward. This is a very strange man, and they didn’t know if that was a good thing yet.

He translated the rest of the sentence to Morenli, who then said, “Then I wish you a safe journey. May Kiva—and the wind—guide you through it.”

Korenjo interpreted it for Edward, hesitated, then said, “Goodbye, and don’t drown. I don’t want to find you near our home again.”

Edward Lorain

Edward watched as they spoke in their confusing language before the male one spoke up again. Kiva, he might have heard that name before but did not know much about her. Nevertheless, it was rude to be disrespectful to other's gods.

"Thank you, they always do."

He finally seemed satisfied with the ship and pushed it into the surf. Given that it did not immediately sink, that was all the urging that Ed needed. He took a running start and jumped onto the vessel. His grin grew even wider now that he saw the boat wasn't sinking.

"Oh, I'll try not to, but you never know. I'll go where she takes me." As he said that, the wind picked up heavily and the vessel began to move out into the sea.

Morenli

Morenli waved after Edward. Korenjo said to her, “Mother is calling for you, we need to go.”

Morenli stared at the departing boat and nodded. They watched as the boat slowly became smaller, just a blip on the horizon, before diving under.

They swam in silence until, “I want to learn more about the humans.”

Korenjo looked at her. She continued, “They are…interesting.” She didn’t mention that she also wanted to know more about the human she met barely a day ago, yet seemed to change her worldview. Maybe even meet him, one day.

Korenjo understood the underlying meaning, and said gruffly, “Fine, if you insist.”

Morenli smiled, and they swam off together, into their own world.

Edward Lorain