Private Tales Watch your step.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Faelin would continue to look at her. So far it was amusing, but a little pity did reach him. "I have a camp nearby, i'll take you there."

"Oh no, don't wanna strain yourself," she grumbled around the mouthful of cloth, straining to start a rip. While meant to be out of his sight, her back at least stayed to him while she remained shirtless.

You stray from them, they demand help. You offer help they deny it.
Faelin sighed while shrugging ans streching his back... "Tsk, women are so bothersome."

She sputtered, dropping the shirt from her mouth. "You have got to be kidding me," she growled. "You know what. Fine. Fine, come help me." She angrily shoved on her untorn shirt, a bit set off by stress. "But don't go changing your mind again, or I'll just make you a fairy crown and rip it back up!"

"Oof."
Faelin stepped back before approaching her, offering his hand and shoulder. "I'll carry you to my camp."

She glared at him mistrustfully, then cautiously took his hand. She grunted, gritting her teeth as she tried to pull herself up. "No funny business," she grumbled at him, leaning heavily against him.

"Of course, never." He spoke dryly as he he lifted her up on his shoulder to give her support before leading her off into the treaded thicket. "How long have you been out in the wild?"

She grunted, limping against him as they moves through the trees. "I don't know, a day?" She lied, not wanting to fess up and make herself look worse to his eyes. She was already embarrassed enough to be found like this. And to need help? From an elf? Weren't they suppose to eat her alive?

Wait. Was that what he's about to do? She eyed him sideways.

"And where do you come from?"
He spoke in his usual monotone way.

The thicket would brush against them, perhaps causing barely noticeable marks upon exposed skin as they passed through. But a small open clearing was soon in view .

She bit her lip, hesitating to tell him. "South. You know .. the basin between the two mountains and the forest..." That was more than a day away. And perhaps now he would recognize her people for who they were. And how rare they were to ever be spotted outside their own walls.

"Do you know it?"

"I hardly know of any place around here. But it took me long enough to learn the local language. I'm from the ground you know. Only occasionall< we go to the overworld."
Faelin would guide her to the grove. It was scantly settled with an open tent and a pot over a firepit.
"What is the place like, are there more people like you there?"

Marlena pressed her lips together, more out of hesitation to say more about her people than that. If he didn't know them, it was probably for the best. They had reputation.

"Enough of them." She pulled her leg out before her, grunting in pain. "You sure that wasn't your trap?" she asked wearily. "Was awfully close to your tent, how did you never trigger it?"

• Yay
Reactions: Faelin K'Abveirin
"But...You have not said a thing about them," Faelin K'Abveirin rose a brow, but had not changed his tone.
"I actually look where I tread. An advice that would come useful to you."