Discussion Traditional Fantasy Quest Event

APenName

The Tolerated
(I'm fairly new here, so I'm aware that this could've been done/deemed impossible to do before. But I haven't heard of anything like this on here before.)

I know this forum's done events with places being attacked or going to war (and other things, of course). But has there ever been an event where the heroes all go after a villain? Who'd presumably be housed in a dark tower or wherever, planning something dastardly.

The various event threads people make could focus on any characters of theirs who're looking to take on the quest, and their own path/preparations to face the villain/s. And when enough people gathered, there could be a final thread for actually facing the villain/s.

In other words, a traditional fantasy quest, but with all the characters on here undertaking it. Does that sound fun to anyone? Or does it sound like a terrible idea? Or am I wrong and this has actually been done a bunch here and I've just missed it all?

That sounds awesome! I think usually people are encouraged to run a plot like this on their own :D so if you have a dastardly bastard in a tower, write up that intro thread or drum up some interest in a plot group!

Did you have some plotlines in mind you wanted to start fleshing out/ structuring through threads?

That sounds awesome! I think usually people are encouraged to run a plot like this on their own :D so if you have a dastardly bastard in a tower, write up that intro thread or drum up some interest in a plot group!

Did you have some plotlines in mind you wanted to start fleshing out/ structuring through threads?
Thank you. I know that anyone could do an RP with this type of plot. I was just thinking it'd be interesting to try an event like that. The heroes who succeed could be immortalized in the story world for their part in saving the day, public sentiments could change slightly if say, someone from a traditionally hated/ignored group was instrumental in saving the day, etc. It'd be a fun experiment, I think.

Not that I'm opposed to just doing it normally, of course.

I have a basic plot idea, but I wanted to make sure there was some interest before developing any of it. And yeah, if you or anyone else wants to help out, send me a PM. I'd appreciate the help.
I would definately be up for something like that! Would really suit Kiros, quests like that are right up his alley. I could make a villian/npc for it too if needed
Thank you. And yeah, the idea I did have would require a side villain or two. So, if you wanted to contribute, you could.