Open Chronicles Through the thorns.

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"How the hell do you keep getting yourself into these sitiations?"

"I dunno!" Urchin declared defeatedly. How the hell did he keep getting himself into these situations? This did seem like the kind of thing that would only ever happen to him. He was cursed! That had to be it! Who the hell had the luck to meet a woman one minute and physically witness her being kidnapped five minutes later?

"So this random broad ya met got kidnapped and now you want us to go and save her? Even though you barely know her and whatever trouble she's in doesn't concern you in the slightest? Why should we help her? Its no skin off my nose if she got herself kidnapped."

"But, Charity!" the boy begged, helplessly. "She were nice ta me! An' she gave me money too! Besides, no self-respectin' man would just sit back an' do nuthin' while a nice lady gets kidnapped, would they?"

"But since you asked so nicely, I guess I'll play along."

Urchin threw his arms around Charity in a clingy hug in gratitude. "Oh, thank ya, thank ya, thank ya! Yer a saint Charity, ya really is!" Looks like Charity had a good heart after all... That or she was in it for the prospect of looting the kidnappers.

"So you DID meet a girl!"

"Huh?" Urchin asked awkwardly, turning around and turning bright red with embarrassment at the idea. "No! It ain't like that! I just wanna 'elp 'er, is all!"

"Maybe he wants to impress her...you know... rescue the fair maiden and get her love."

"Well maybe I just want 'er ta not be dead!" Urchin insisted, urgently. "Dunno if ya 'eard me or not, but she got kidnapped by bad guys! I dunno want they want with 'er! They might wanna kill 'er! She might be dead already! We gotta save 'er now before they does summin' 'orrible!"

"Ideas? What makes you think I'd bother rescuing every poor soul in this damned city?"

Damn, everybody was bloody heartless today. "But Isak!" Urchin whined. "What if it were Miss Eile? What if some 'orrible guys kidnapped 'er an' took 'er away ta do bad stuff to 'er? You'd want somebody ta rescue 'er, right?" Good old, Eile. The only leverage you never needed against Isak. Even if Urchin hadn't convinced him, all Eilerias needed to do was flutter her eyelashes and pout and Isak would quickly fall into line.

"I assume you know where this old building is, Urchin?"

"Yeah, yeah," Urchin said, nodding his head. "It's this way, come on, let's go!" he declared, heading straight to the door and bouncing on the spot impatiently.

Ryna shifted in the uncomfortable bindings. Her vision was blurry and she couldn't feel her lungs moving. "Ryna...I finally have you..." Prince Kane said softly. He stood behind Ryna, his hands on her shoulders. Ryna's eyes widened as she prepared for the worst. She shook her head, remembering the last thing she saw. "Urchin..." She whispered to herself, her head hanging low.

"
Your little comrade isn't coming for you. I bet he doesn't know where you are." Kane said in a deep tone. His smile was curved wider than a crescent moon. Ryna looked at Prince Kane. "You don't know how long I've waited for this." He laughed in a sinister tone. Ryna shook her head.

"15 years at most. If it ain't that then you have the wrong Ryna." Ryna said softly. Prince Kane landed a slap across Ryna's face, making her face a sheepish pink. Her face swelled rather quickly. "You know there is no other Ryna Silverthorn in Alliria! You are the Ryna that escaped! You are the one!" Kane shouted at the top of his lungs. Ryna leaned forward, making her face inches from Kane's.

"Why me?" Ryna asked, tilting her head. "Of all people on that shit list of yours, Why me?!" She shouted. Prince Kane was furious. There could have been a bonfire in his eyes. Ryna knew she had pushed him too far. "I will not fall to your level! I will leave you here with Sailious and he won't hesitate to beat you to a bloody pulp!" With that, Prince Kane stormed off in a huff. Ryna was left alone with the brute Kane called, Sailious. She smiled, knowing Urchin would come back for her.

Last edited:
"Fine, fine! I believe you. We will get your lady back, my dear." Eilerias continued to tease Urchin, laughing as the poor lad became beet red at her comments. She stood up, stretching out her back as Isak began to explain he creative plan to save the poor stranger. She couldn't help but wonder where she fit in his plan or if he was planning on making her sit out the only interesting thing to happen since the reunion.

She grabbed the plate of grapes and other fruits and followed Urchin to the door, deciding she wouldn't ask Isak for permission to join them. Ogden scurried out with the items Isak requested, giving Eilerias a disapproving look, or rather the plate she had taken from the kitchen that she planned to bring along with them.

"Aye Eile, you canny be takin' all my soddin' plates from the kitchen and leavin 'em wherever you please!" He held out his hand, waiting for Eilerias to give back the plate. She knew it was getting to be a bad habit. Everytime she left the club, she was bringing something to eat with her and leaving the dishes all about the city. "Give it here, just carry them in your hands like a normal person."

She held the dish closer to her. "I'm hungry, let me eat." She snapped as she turned away, refusing to give it back while knowing damn well she'd probably toss it in a bush along the way to this old building. "Isak will get you new dishes, right honey?" She batted her eyelashes at Isak, giggling as she opened the door to the streets of Alliria. "You guys ready?"

Ryna's dagger had been taken from her. She couldn't cut herself loose. Her back faced the door in the bindings. She turned her head just enough to see the door cracked open. She struggled to see if anyone was at the door. "Ain't nobody there." Sailious said in his deep and gravelly voice. Ryna groaned and huffed.

"
Just shut it, will you?!" Sailious could see that Ryna was clearly upset. He smirked. "You know nothing of my comrade! He is slick and sneaky! He's valiant and ambitious! So don't tell me that no one is there!?" She finished, breathing heavily. She had said all of this at the top of her lungs to make sure that if anyone was at the door, they could hear her.

"You are feisty...you have proven my theory wrong." Sailious said lightly. Ryna was a bit confused by this. She had just yelled at the top of her lungs about Urchin and she hadn't been beaten to a bloody pulp. Ryna started rocking the chair on the front legs then the back ones.

"Are you underestimating me, Sailious?" She asked as he watched her rock. She soon got enough momentum to lean the chair back and fall with it. Her and the chair landed on the floor with a thud. She coughed in agony as Sailious stood above her.

"Your plan was unsuccessful, I see." He said in a smart ass tone. All Ryna wanted to do was punch Sailious straight in the face. She huffed as she closed her eyes. She steadied her breathing and felt her head spinning. She fell into
unconsciousness not too long after that.