Fate - First Reply The Great Escape.

A 1x1 Roleplay where the first writer to respond can join
"You are full of surprises too," Jeriah replied. He looked ashamed. The divinity only came to him when he wasn't thinking about it. He was no longer truly worthy of it.

"They teach you how to manipulate men so easily where the spawn their dreadlord?" he asked.

"Sorry," he added quickly, tilting his head to one side and looking embarrassed. He waved a hand, fanning his fingers through the air. He felt he should have had more to say. His knuckles hurt from the impact with the thick-skulled moron, his joints ached from being pulled more quickly than they were supposed to move.

She paused. Part of her wanted to reject the idea that Dreadlord were spawned, but she remembered some of the monsters she worked with.

"No, just me I'm afraid. Very few Dreadlords are spawned with a brain." She paused, wanting to ask more about the magic, but decided better from it. Magic had a cost and Jeriah, to her brief knowledge, was no trained mage - she figured he'd be suffering or would be, very shortly.

"You were saying... Something about a venture?" She spoke with a wicked grin, her hand flexing.

• Yay
Reactions: Jeriah Thackett
Thackett grinned. It was a mask. It did amuse him that she was suddenly taking an interest in a scheme. If only the other noble vagrants were here to warn her off. They would have waxed lyrical about all of the schemes that had gone quite wrong.

She had seen him move. He hadn't thought that through. It didnt amuse him. She was part of an organisation that twisted power to be used for control, for tyranny. Jeriah didn't want a second force like that after him.

"Well I am short of my muscle right now. But we are going to need someone else who can play a part. I'm sure we can steal from an acting troupe along the way. Have more wine."

If she agreed when drunk that still counted.

• Yay
Reactions: Brackard Cain
"Jeriah Thackett, are you trying to get me drunk to agree to your schemes?" She squealed playfully, before bursting out into a brief fit of giggles. The wine had definitely begun to hit the Dreadlord.

"Smart move really, can't say I blame you." She laughed, punching the rogue directly in his arm as she accepted the drink.

"Yeah, you're not wrong, definitely short of muscle." Florinthe snorted.

"So, where to?" Florinthe's eyes lit up as she downed another mug of wine.

• Yay
"Well it seems I do find you very agreeable after just a few cups of wine. Unfortunately I didn't bring a quill and ink for your mark to show you agreed to things."

He made a fuss of pretending that her pulled punch had hurt, rubbing his shoulder.

"I only have half of a plan so far," he admitted. "But I only ever need most of a plan to carry it off anyway.

"There is a town west of Elbion near the coast. A nice retreat for the rich where Elbion property has become expensive. Lots of opportunity."

• Sip
Reactions: Florinthe Othal
"Probably for the best, imagine... Trying to enforce a contract against a Dreadlord." She winked, her mind picturing a nameless enforcer trying to attack one of her more unsavoury comrades.

"Sounds good so far, I'm not sure how heists normally go, do we talk shop before we've escaped Cerak or do we just carry on plotting here." She paused, reminding herself they were still wanted fugitives in dangerous territory.

• Yay
"We will plot somewhere with allies. Somewhere dark and mysterious. Probably a cellar in a friendly pub to be honest but I'm trying to make it sound adventurous," Thackett declared. He was definitely slurring his words now.

"You see if you haven't got the stick to threaten you need to treat. And I figure you need to find this whole game fun or else you skip on out. But for now...we just drink."

"Oh Jeriah, my day job involves killing elves, killing civilians, killing... well... anything. Honestly, you don't need to charm me, it'll be good to try my hand at something else." Florinthe smiled innocently. She knew being the muscle she would, in fact, have to kill something. That said, at least she'd get to try her hand at robbing some nobles too.

As a priest made his way past the duo, Florinthe whispered something and dropped several coins into his pocket. The figure winked and after a brief delay returned with two miniature glasses and a bottle of clear liquid.

"I believe, people tend to make deals over a drink." She filled the two glasses with the clear liquid and slid it over to Jeriah. Even from this distance, it became clear that this was the sort of alcohol that physickers warned about. The sort that made you blind. Regardless, she threw it back.

"Cheers!" She slurred.

• Yay