Private Tales The Fog.

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Kyla with that same aggression and violence of action that she had used to batter her way into Ferelith's holding cell did so again with the front door of the cabin. Ferocity was met with ferocity, and this--despite how it chafed against Heike's Reikhurstan's sensibilities concerning power of all kinds--was the clear advantage of the unnatural strength available for Kyla's wielding. She had met the monster head on, sent it sprawling to the ground outside. And what a horrific thing that it was as well. Some spawn of the fog, some cohort to the recently exorcised demon, some other foul creation from Bryn and her Ilk, Heike knew not. This menace would taste steel all the same, and Arethil would be made better through the lack of its continued existence.

Heike strode forward--

And fell. Something had grabbed at her inside the cabin while Kyla was preoccupied outside of it. Their foes were possessed of a sinister cunning, it would seem. Heike threw herself around on the floor, laying on her back and brandishing her longsword over her torso, half-swording with one hand upon the hilt and one upon the blade, back at this new threat.

At the end of the sword's point? A hollow imitation, shadowy and ill-formed to Heike's eyes. An attempt at one of those beguiling manifestations of which Kyla had spoken. And it spoke with Ferelith's voice.

"How dare you,"
Heike said.

And thrust her sword like a spear toward the center mass of the fiend grasping her.

Kyla Scathach

• Nervous
Reactions: Kyla Scathach
She froze for a moment confused. “Ha! You might think your self clever, but you have no power here mortal. I will eat your eyes and-“

The girl continued refusing to relinquish her hallow disguise. Dodging Heikes first strike before a second nicked her.

“Ah!” She yelled in pain as the wound seemed to sizzle and burn.

“Your not just a knight!” She said falling to her knees clutching her side. It continued to crackle. “What are you!?” She demanded. Her breath becoming more labored. “I-I could be her! She dead isn’t she! I could be her in every way! I promise!” She pleaded with a panic rising as she realized how hurt she really was.

“We can make a deal! Just please don’t..” She weakly braced for a blow.

“Is that the way out?” Ferelith had noticed a door. In the endless abyss of darkness it seemed shrouded slightly. Chains surrounded the thick black wood. “Yes.” The woman replied as she looked at her nails idly. “So I-“

“no.”

“But if I-“

“no.”

“Ok what about-“

“Hahaha...Not a chance.”

“You don’t even know what I was going to say.”

“Would you like to bet?”

Ferelith crossed her arms and turned to the door taking a few steps before taking a seat crossing her legs in front of it.

“Most do that at first.” The woman said with a slow nod before she disappeared. Sinking into the darkness.

Claws hooked into her flesh as the creature lunged into her. Normally this quality was an incredible advantage. Even Stronger opponents could only do so much when venom dripping teeth tore into them while they struggled to unhook them.

Often being Unable to tear them off before being eaten. Kyla had no such issues. The creature soon found no escape from the woman’s pounding fists as she began to tear it apart limb from limb starting with the back leg. It let out an ungodly screech as she began using the torn limb as a club raking the beast with its own claws.

• Yay
Reactions: Heike Eisen
How quickly the tenor of the fiend's words had changed, from boasting of eating Heike's own eyes to shock to a desperate pleading. This. This was the reason why the Templar of the Night Watchmen were willing to pay such a high cost for the boon of Incorruptibility. If Heike was correct in her thinking--and she believed that she was--this creature like many others of its foul kind relied heavily upon powerful deceptions, trickery, and beguilement. With such sinister powers rendered useless, what was the creature to do?

Heike took the opportunity to rise to her feet once more. She got a firm grip with both hands on the hilt of her longsword. Behind her and outside, she could hear Kyla's fight with the deformed monstrosity, and from the sound of it the fight was going well in Kyla's favor. Good. More than good. There was a fine line between the rightful avenging of a wrong perpetrated and base vengeance, and that distinction was the lack or presence of rage. And, by home and hearth, it was so immensely difficult to be driven by rightful avenging in this moment.

"I would never suffer some hollow imitation, demon."

A twist of her hands and a quick turn of her blade, and Heike swung the sword down at the shadowed creature.

Kyla Scathach

• Cthuulove
Reactions: Kyla Scathach
The blade struck true and the demon screeched in pain. Blood and ashes splattering the ground like the holy knight had sliced open a wet sandbag.

Cleaving the hollow imitation halfway through. “Yo..You bitch. I s-swear you’ll regret..” She struggled to form words due to her grievous wounds. A final snarl of an insult beginning to form on her lips.

Kyla finished off yet another creature. The shimmered in form but Kyla was blinded by rage. In a way it almost granted her sight. A brief glimpse through the facade. Finally one larger than the rest came forward. She dispatched it with a quick twirling slash and finally the foggy forest was quiet. The last of the banished demons scream dispelling the fog.

The forest.

The safe house.. All was still. Kyla’s sword dropped from her hand as the first bits of sunlight began to break through revealing a cloudy sky and an early evening sun slowly beginning its decent. “Gunhild..” Was all she could mutter. Her stifled grief racking her body suddenly. With a jolt she fell to her knees.

Covered in black blood. Mud caked to her skin. She simply sank to her knees and simply sank to her knees. She remained silent and waited for Heike to exit the safe house.

“What should we do with..” Kyla couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence or meet her sister truest loves eyes.