Private Tales The culling

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
meanwhile deep in the fal wood Forrest......

its been some time since ive heard any word from the outside world there have been far too many border disputes and skirmishes some in our favor some in the enemy's, ive had little time to worry about what lies beyond my own village. i sit upon my throne the skulls and pelts of those ive vanquished adorn it showing that i am truly the king of my people. my general approaches me i can smell his fear but not of me something else is afoot. he bows at my feet.

"my lord ive got news from the surrounding tribes that are loyal"

"stand and give me your report" i say sternly.

he does so as commanded.

"there is a large number of white demons gathering at the edge of the Forrest near the furless capitol, we have never seen so many at once. there have been attacks on the outlying villages but non that are loyal, its only a matter of time before they strike, we must form a counter strike before they are able to form a hold in our lands"

more of the demons have come. this is not good news, keeping the loyal tribes loyal has my men spread thin.

"any reports on numbers and armaments?" he looks even more paniced than before.

"more than 30 my lord, our scouts could not get a clear number count. a large army of furless began to move towards the Forrest and our scouts had to retreat"

the furless would not take too kindly to the demons nesting on any of there lands, if the furless even knew of the amount of there kin ive enslaved and consumed they would have my pelt or at least they would try to take it.

i could use this to my advantage we could play helpless ask that they protect us. as long as they dont find our slave camps they will fight demons that would wage war on the lands they claim to own. my general wakes me from my deep thoughts.

"my lord what shall we do?"

"gather fifty men from each of the loyal tribes just in case they break through to the heart of our lands, be sure the slave and food camps are well hidden. kill anyone who would spy on our operations we cant afford the furless finding out about our more exotic food sources. send a compliment of 30 to just outside the demon camp if they begin to move in i want them to be under constant attack we cant let them organize there forces"

"what about the furless? they could join forces with the demons if they haven't already"

"if they are seen helping the demons in any way kill them on sight, the gods walk with us my brother we shall prevail or we shall die it is only known by them witch is true. now carry out my orders we haven't much time "

i take a small prayer stone from my satchel and begin praying for the up coming battle, it will take at least 2 days to gather the troops i pray that the gods delay the demons as much as possible.

Faerlin’s nostrils flared. King Dac’are seemed to think he had some right to talk to a captain of the Vel Anirian Guard in such condescending tones. However, Captain Thacker remained steady, so the paladin held her tongue. This was the captain’s show, not hers. And then Jokon spoke, his tone imminently reasonable. ”Alright, King Dac’are. If these savages do indeed, attack unprovoked then my troops will support yours. For now, let’s retire to your tent and discuss these matters further.” Captain Thacker signalled to his sergeants to have the Anirian Gaurd take up a defensive position, though they didn’t move from where they stood, just reformed their ranks to be prepared for any eventuality.

Next, Jokon nodded at Faerlin and a man in the front row of the Guards in turn. The new man was the company mage, though he was dressed in armor like the rest of the soldiers. The only difference was that plate was covered in sigils, and he had a strange amulet around his neck and a staff with a crystal in his hands instead of a sword (though one was belted to his hip). The paladin and the mage fell in behind the captain. Only then did Jokon nod at the king. ”Lead the way, your majesty.” See? Everyone was being civil

i noted the mage, the way the furless honed magic is very different to the way we do, ill have to get one of my best mages to trade secrets but first ill order the tent be redy for my arrival.

i point at my solders.

"at ease we have guests, prepare the royal tent. im quite famished prepare food for the fur-er humans"

i smile and lead the way to the tent. it rests in the middle made up of cow hide large branches and rope bindings.

inside was tables with maps the middle table had the story of our people as well as the chairs adorned with gold and jewels.

the table at been lengthened by the time we arrived. two young felines entered each no more than 11. they had treys with nuts and berries as well as some leafy greens and chopped potatoes.

"please feel free to eat to your hearts content. my servants will retrieve anything you wish, we are vegetarians so im afraid there will be no meats. i must consult with our cartographer and get the aproprait maps before us"

i slip from the tent quickly. my general is there looking rather angry.

"why are they here, we should have crushed them when the moved unto our camp!" he whispers angrily.

"i do not have time to explain to you how insignificant we are to these people, in our land we rule in these lands we must prove our self's to the kings that rule here. we could very well wipe them out but not without dooming our own race as well, now hold your tongue and get the royal cartographer" i quietly yell at him.

in a few moments the cartographer had laid the maps down.

i sit in my chair.

"feel free to look over these maps they detail were we think the savage threat primarily resides"

my general slips in looking rather angry. he sits at the back of the tent arms crossed starring daggers at the captain.

"if you have any questions we can fill you in."