Private Tales The Broken Crown

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
It was much less welcoming. But MUCH more fortified. A stronghold. “Bold of them to fly your fathers flag. Why does your uncle allow this?”

Perhaps his uncle wasn’t as powerful as he remembered him to be.

As they drew closer, an arrow whizzed by their heads. Averey nearly fell off her horse. Then another came and buried itself into the ground before them. “I thought you said they were friendly?”

A voice rang out from the wall. “Halt! Who approaches?”

• Bless
Reactions: Alre Castielle
"Most likely because he can't do anything about it." Alre explained with a shrug.

"This place is near impossible to lay siege to. Supplies are great, the walls are thick, and the only way in is through that gate." That wasn't entirely true. There were a few secret paths tucked away in the mountains, but Averey didn't need to know that right now. "It would take years to take the Fortress, so he likely figures he'll just keep them bottled up here and take the rest of the country."

It was probably was Alre himself would have done.

Despite his hatred for the man he knew that his Uncle was not a fool. The man had fought well and hard in several great wars, even serving overseas at the behest of some other nations. A trial he had called it, though now it seemed more like it had been practice.

When the guard spoke up Alre let his shoulders draw up, hand reached to pull away the hood from his face. "My name is Alre Castielle. True heir to the throne, and I'm here to speak with my cousins."

The guard's jaw seemed to drop, his eyes bulging as he stuttered and began to shout loudly to open the gates.

• Yay
Reactions: Mariana
Averey still looked wary. Even as the creaky gates opened. Even as they were ushered inside. Men surrounded them. Snd some woman. All had their hands on their weapons. All ready.

Averey had her magic ready snd coiled. Ready to unleash its might if need be.

“Is that really you, m’boy?” A voice boomed from deeper in the grounds as a figure emerged.