Open Chronicles Tavern Tales

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Old Man Gorm

The Brewmaster
(Open to all with a story to share)
Jade Dragon Tavern​

It was just another day at the Jade Dragon Tavern. A whole host of days had passed since the Anniversary celebration in Vel Anir. Arada, one of the Port guards and Bev'mirr, the port Master would enter for their share of drinks. After all, it would be a another successful day.

Bev'miir was clad in his fancy blue robes, which marked him as a man of some wealth and his orc companions Arada, was clad in his usual armor. They would go to their usual spot at the bar and order their usual drinks.

"Alright, Arada, you always have a story, so out with it." Bev would say over his glass of wine, a rare Anirian vintage.

"Have you heard... the story of Gerra?" Arada would ask.

Bev would dismiss that story with a wave of his hand. "That animal? No, but I've heard the song. Something tells me there's more truth to that then what his followers would spread. And gods i don't want to hear about the Revolution again. The Republic does not pay nearly as well."

"Uhhh.." Arada would start to roll into a tale of Talus, stopping when such stories were also shut down. "Have you heard about a knight named Jane?"

"Oh? A female knight?" Bev would lean forward. "Pray tell, my toothy friend."

Arada would take a long pull from his tankard, before letting out a belch. "So they say, she met the Redeemer. Who knows if that's true or not, but.. in Guillotine, a land plagued my Succubii, and all manner of demons of ill repute... their lived a Paladin, a chosen of Celestialism."

"Euch.. A Paladin.." Bev would say, quickly losing interest. "Vows of chastity.. yawn."

"That's.. not entirely true, Boss. Anywa-."

"So.. Say I find this Paladin, I can throw her down?" Bev asked with a grin.

He would curse as the bartender smacked him upside the head. "Bev.." she would start. "Ye best let the man get to 'is story, yeah?"

Bev scowled as he rubbed his head. "Very well.. go on.."

Arada would clear his throat. "So, Jane.. the Protector of Guillotine.."

"Nono.. get to the Succubii, man!" Bev would let out a cry of frustration. He would then wink at their demonkin bartender. "I do love me some dark souls.."

The bartender would roll her eyes in annoyance before spitting into a glass and cleaning it with a rag.

"Boss.." Arada sighed. "Is you going to let me finish?"

Bev would make a face before draining his wine and signaling for a refill. "I suppose.."

"So.. Jane the Paladin was alerted to the threat of a demon incursion.." Arada would start, glancing at their beloved bartender. "Yours a good one. Don't mind the story."

She offered a thankful smile before refilling Bev's wine and returning to her work.

"The locals had said there were dozens of the demons starting to gather in a nearby mine. Work had shut down a week prior and the people had been staving off nightly attacks. At the start there were four thousand who called it home, by the time Jane arrived to help, there were three hundred."

Bev continued to stare in disbelief, it was folly. Arada was folly, and Paladins willing to shag was folly.

"So in rode Jane in her shining armor, a defender to the people and an example of heroism. The people would tell her their sorrows, their concerns and instead of moving on, she would remain to fight. She would demand payment, however, you see.. it wasnt relics or treasure she was after.. but flesh." Bev leaned in, suddenly interested. "She wanted a party with booze and with people willing to do whatever she wished.. the townsfolk readily agreed, unaware of her tastes.."

"So you're saying I could find her and throw her down... smashing.." Bev said before taking a sip.