Open Chronicles Song Of Destiny

A roleplay open for anyone to join

Odessa

Character Biography
Link
The sky was a beautiful blue and its companion the sun now hidden behind a few clouds beat down upon the shoulders of Odessa’s. The hood from her robe hid her features within its warm shadow. She was quietly sitting on a large bolder near the side of the dirt road, her legs crossed at the ankles and her blue dress covering them in a lady like manner.

Odessa’s was quietly writing in her brown leather-bound book, her quill moving back and forth as she found inspiration and, in a rush, to put it down on paper. There was a brief pause in her movement as she’d glance up here and there, from the distraction of strangers passing her.

She would give them an acknowledge nods of politeness before going back to her work at hand. The stares from some were of confusion, others would simply smile, nod and continue their way.

After a time, she’d stop satisfied and free of creativities clutches she set her book aside and rest back on her hands, to enjoy the day with closed eyes. The hood would slowly slide off her head, revealing her blondish white hair and alabaster skin.

There were a few travelers of both genders who didn’t stop but more moved a bit more slowly then they usually did to stare at the pretty features, others just ignored the woman, there was more important things to do, then bother themselves with such a person.

It always ended badly when one did, at least that’s what some villagers thought in these times, Odessa blinked open her eyes and once again took her surroundings in with a calm expression on her face.

Molly was one such person that happened to walk by Odessa as she sat near the road. And while others might fawn over her beauty, she was more interested in her book. Molly was a big lover if the written word. Stories of dashing heroes overcoming odds and beating the villains to save damsels were always a favourite among her and her sisters. Of course if Molly was ever in such a story herself, she figured that it'd be the villains needing saving from her.

"I saw you writing. Are you an author of many books?" Molly held onto the strap of her satchel after she stopped her walk, keeping her other hand empty and smiling so that she wouldn't appear threatening.

Right away Molly thought about her younger sisters. It had been quite a few years since she had seen them last. But at least they write. Were either of them going to travel on their own? Or stay at home with their Mother and Father until they were wed? It was difficult to say.

None were in her line of work, fortunately. They didn't have the stomach for it.

“Mm, Yes and No.” A warm smile greeted the woman.

Odessa studied the stranger for just a quick moment, as she picked up her journal and quill.

“Yes, I write and No, I am not an author of many books.” A small pause before she continued as she looked at the book and then back to the woman.

“I write stories, but I give them life through song.” Now, the sparkle of creative appeared within her eyes.

“Are you a lover of books?” Odessa asked hopping of the bolder and dusting her clothing off gently.

The idea that someone else loved stories, was a comfort to her, and from the look of this new acquaintance, this one had many interesting stories to share and it was very lucky for her that there was an ear, if she choose to share, willing to listen.

• Yay
Reactions: Molly Blackwood
Molly's eyebrows raised as Odessa revealed that she was not only a writer, but a bard as well. By the sound of her voice while speaking, it seemed as though she had a lovely singing voice as well. Such a thing Molly felt she'd never have. By her own ears, she felt as though her voice was too gruff and deep to soothe anyome's ears, let alone an audience.

To Odessa's question, Molly nodded. "Oh yes, I used to read stories with my sisters all the time. Usually fairytales. It was fun for us to get lost in them for a time." She tilted her head to the side slightly. "Are you working on one now?" Molly wasn't bothered if she seemed a bit nosey. For her it was normal behaviour.

• Yay
Reactions: Odessa
She kept her attention on the Molly as she spoke, it wasn’t in an unnerving sense, no, it was in a charismatic and warm way. It was a feeling that Odessa gave others, that made some feel that they were the only important thing in the world.

It was a talent that was a gift and curse and got this young bard into untold troubles.

“I am actually.” Replied with a nod, then a slight frown.

“I’m slightly stuck, but I am sure inspiration will hit soon.” A smile once again replaced the frown. She held out her hand to the woman.

“I’m Odessa, you are?”

• Yay
Molly wasn't sure of why she was comfortable around Odessa , but she was. It was almost like being around her sisters again. Were her prayers and wishes granted? Being on one's own for so long can take it's toll. She had expected to be married by now. In fact she was proposed to! But the man was drunk and he retracted it as soon as he was sober. Her heart shattered into pieces and ever since then, she had struck out on her own.

"You're stuck? Well, what have you got so far? Maybe I could help?" Afterall she had read lots of stories to her sisters. But then Odessa's story might not be the fairytale sort.

As her hand was held out, Molly placed her hand in Odeassa's, giving it a firm shake. They weren't the soft hands of a lady, but of one that used them for a lot of hard work. "I'm Molly. Good to meet you."

• Yay
Dessa, noted the feeling of Molly’s hand as it was the completely opposite of her own. Odessa’s was soft as spider silk; it lacked any tales of hard work. She gently shook the woman’s hand briefly before letting go.

Her eyes sparkled with warmth and excitement at offer to help. She opened her book and eagerly showed Molly what she had.

“That is very kind of you.” She stated as she flipped the pages, to the last entry in which was a story/ballad of a love’s eternal power that two young lovers had found, but darkness was threatening them.

She gestured.

“I have not decided if I wish them a happy ending or a tragic one.” Her expression turned into a bit of a frown, between her brow’s a wrinkle began to form.

Odessa looked back to Molly for any thoughts.

The Ballad was well written, it had many twists and turns that would keep any reader interested but there was something lacking as Odessa said.

• Love
Molly stepped beside Odessa as she opened her book, her eyes cast downward onto the pages as they were flipped through.

As she overheard the story, Molly thought of her own tale. Her shoulders slumped a little as she was still recovering from the ordeal after all this time. And if she was to see Willis again, she was pretty certain that she'd punch him in the nose.

"Maybe both? Have it end in tragedy where one dies, but perhaps brought back to life due to their love for eachother and the sacrifice that one made for the other? If it's true love....they'd always be together. No matter what. Or at least, that's how it should be." Her voice was quiet towards the end as she delved into some of her own thoughts and wishes.

• Yay
“Hmm, that’s honestly brilliant.” She replied with a spark of excitement in the twinkle of her eyes. She’d gently tap the corner of her cheek with one finger and a pretty little smile crept up on her lips.

“You are very good at this, have you thought of writing some stories yourself?” She asked curiously studying the woman’s expression . Molly would be a very good character in one of her stories she thought to herself.

A gesture of the hand toward the road as she asked.

“I don’t want to keep you from your destination perhaps, if you don’t mind, I could accompany you and you can tell me more about yourself.” A charming sweet smile given as she again waited for a response curiously.

The sun would be setting, and night would kiss the sky hello once more, so wherever Molly was going which looked important must have a time limit and Dessy didn’t want to ruin that, besides maybe Molly would be a good alley to have.

The thoughts moved through out her mind like a very calculated snake as the inspiration that molly gave off seeped into Odessa’s flesh.

• Sip
((Sorry for the delay. I checked a few times and there was nothing. Must have been a blip in the system.))

Molly's eyes widened as Odessa suggested that she could be a writer. "Me? Write stories? Oh I don't think that I could. I just like to read them." She had never invented a story herself. All that she had ever written were facts in letters to her family.

At the suggestion of Odessa accompanying her on her day's journey, Molly gave a nod of her head. "You may come with me if you'd like. I was just on my way to the nearest inn for some supper and a bed to sleep in. I earned some extra coin recently and I thought that today was as good of a day as any to spoil myself." It was her birthday, but that was something she'd rather keep to herself.

Molly continued down the road, moving at an easy pace so that Odessa could easily follow. "I'm not quite certain of what you'd like to know. I'm not really all that interesting; just a woman scorned by love that now spends her time working to support her family." Surely Odessa had a much more thrilling life, or at least the kind that people would write stories about.

• Love
(No worries, I was sick last week and I have just now gotten better, so your fine.)

The woman was cute when she was a bit flustered by things, and the way her eyes told so much more then what she was speaking, Dessy knew that there was so much more to know. A nod of the head as she is listening, as she placed her arms behind her, her right hand grasps her left wrist as she they strolled.

“I see, well, you’d be surprised, the best writers are readers.” She glanced toward the side as few travelers past her, she’d look back to Molly.

“Well, that kind of kills two birds one stone, as I need to find some work and an inn will help with some coin.” She stated tilting her head to the side as her mind went over that phrase about spoiling herself, hmm. The only time a person treats themselves, is if it’s a special occasion such as wedding anniversary, holidays now which one is it.

Oooo, oh how she loved mysteries, so much fun as Molly spoke, she began to weed out her guessing and there was her answer, it had nothing to do with love, so no wedding and it wasn’t a holiday, then again that depends on one’s belief but looking the woman over, there was no sign of some religious trinket.

Mystery, mystery, ah . . . there it is, maybe she decided to take a shot in the dark.

“You are far more interesting then you think, and no need on spending the coin, save it. . .I have enough to celebrate, I mean it’s not every day a woman gets older.” She looked at Molly’s feature to see if she guessed right or not.

• Cheer
((Awww that sucks :( Glad you're on the mend!))

"Are they really? But I don't think that I have a way with words like writers do. " Molly had a stubborn streak at times. And in this case she was certain that she wasn't artistic at all.

A brow was raised as Odessa stated that she had enough coin. But moments earlier she mentioned that she needed some work and the inn was a perfect place to earn it. And did she just say that it was her birthday? Molly looked to her in surprise. "Is it your birthday too? I've never shared my birthday with anyone before." Of course she couldn't tell that Odessa was just playing some guessing game.

"I think I'll order a slice of pie after my supper. That'll be a real treat. What about you?" Dessert wasn't something that Molly had often, largely as it was too expensive. She needed to spend her coin wisely.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Smiling One
A nod of her head, as she listened to the woman go on about how she couldn’t be an artist, she didn’t challenge it, it was silly to do so, a warm smile never left her lips.

Oh, and there it was her answer, a satisfied feeling came when she solved the mystery.

“No, it’s not my birthday, but it’s good to know its yours, Happy Birthday, I hope you don’t mind that you’re still celebrating with someone.”

She’d tilt her head to the side.

“Hmmm, pie does sound amazing, maybe they’ll have cake too, but I don’t know, it all depends upon what they have there.” A wink in reply.

• Wonder
Molly's jaw dropped slightly. Was she just played? However did she miss that? Politics wasn't her strong suit and no doubt such methods were used in those kinds of situations. It was obvious that she wasn't quite used to dealing with people.

"Thanks. I haven't shared a meal, let alone one on my birthday in quite some time. So the change would be nice." Not to mention it was good to have a bit of company for once. Odessa was pretty nice company.

At the mention of cake, Molly smiled a little to herself, recalling a memory long since passed of one of the few times that she had had cake. Her mother baked it. The cake was a bit dry, but there was some good flavour to it. Molly loved it anyways as it wasn't an easy thing to make. "Pies are more readily available than cake. But we'll see what this inn has when we get there."

She cast her gaze to the passersby, noting any reactions from them that seemed out of place. "Are you from here? Or passing through?"

• Popcorn
The slight snort came from Odessa with a sympathetic look as she gently placed her hands under Molly’s chin and gently helped to close the poor girl’s mouth. She had to admit Molly had a sweetness, that many didn’t have.
“Good, and this is true, but I am sure with a little push, a cake could be made.” A wink once more graced her face. She glanced back to another stranger who passed, no one interesting, darting her eyes back to the road.
“Hmm?”
“Oh yeah, just passing through, ever traveled?” Replying turning her attention back to the woman.

• Sip