Private Tales Of Rats and Devils

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Dmitry

The Swamp Rat
Character Biography
Link
In the east of the Iuk-'u Delta, a large group was resting in a dryer portion of swamp. One group was composed of about ten lightly armored individuals while the larger group was composed of a couple dozen ragged, shackled, emaciated people. "The hell we gonna do now?" An armored man spoke up, huddled with four others while the rest seemed to stand guard by the ragged folk. "We lost five of our men and ten slaves crossing that marsh. And that thing killed our horses. We're not even half way to the coast!"

"Calm down!" A larger, slightly older man spoke up, black hair tied in a pony tail and green eyes glairing at his apparent subordinate. "We camp out here for now, secure some food and some defensive positions, then set the slaves to building a raft. Then we can move them down the rest of the way to Samskaya."

"What, a bloody raft?" A slightly younger woman chastised. "We're gonna cross the sea in a rickety, slave built raft?"

"We're crossing a tiny straight!" The leader snapped back. "If it gets us down the river, it'll get us to the island. Now quick whining. This job'll have us set for life. So get out there and scout the area for threats. get back to me the second you see something."

The sun was on its way to its peak this morning, waters of the Delta somewhat lower as the flood season began to end. While it would be a month or so longer before the influx of foreign scavengers, the Delta's only year round member of that profession was sitting near a low fire next to the partially buried remnants of rooftop. A lean-too shelter was set against it with the fire outside. The Swamp Rat was smoking a pipe filled with bramble-sprout leaves and removing a kettle from near the fire, pouring himself a cup of tea.

"Well, I suppose the amateurs'll be floodin' in soon." He mumbled to himself as he took a sip from the cup and eating a piece of wild fruit. "Gonna be noisy at the port for a while..."

Jezebeth Af Malakath

Last edited:
The slavery and chaos went naught unnoticed by a mysterious figure who traveled around often. She sought to find out more thus she began to ask around and anyone seemingly so directed her to a certain rat. She was bemused to heed their responses but eventually, she went out to seek the aforementioned man. The Rat in his harmless dwelling would begin to heed HEAVY footsteps coming from around the corner where his sight was blinded by the wall. /THUD THUD/ what was that? Someone of towering size who sought to harm him? No. Not at all. The figure who made these sounds emerged from that direction; It was a simple human woman with a slim build, an average height of around 5'5, and glowing amber eyes. Nothing to worry about, yet her footsteps were clearly loud for some reason as she was quite heavy to the point she created trails with her footsteps and any wooden soil, etc... slightly groaned under her.

"Art thee the infamous rat? I have told thee couldst aid me in my quest for knowledge."

A small pause was taken in her speech to trail off. Her voice bore no malice, she was basically a cheerful yet humble individual.

"Why are these slavers wandering about? Perhaps I could help you all."

Dmitry

As he enjoyed his breakfast, the kettle began to rattle. A few ancient shingles shook off the ruined that made up part of his abode. "Speakin' of noisy..." He remarked mid sip, looking around for whatever beast could be causing such a ruckus. Thinking a swamp hydra might have been on the move, he instead found a woman strolling through woods as though on a pleasant morning walk, an unfortunate spade head crushed under foot as it attempted to flee.

"Wait, wait, now just wait a minute." He said holding up his hands. "What's this about slaver's? We don't get slaver's round here, not enough people to take. You got the naga in the Southwest, sure, but even they gave up on the place." The Rat scratched his head as he took a draw on the pipe, visibly confused. "I suppose...someone could go through the Delta to drop off merchandise in Samskaya, maybe go along the River Iuk in the East. But that's just stupid! They'd end up stopped dead in their tracks before they got that many people even half way across." He then looked her up an down as he sipped his tea. "What's it you want from me in all this anyway?"

Jezebeth Af Malakath