Open Chronicles Memories Yearning To Be Forgotten

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"I understand a good practice," Zafira nodded, leaning back against a tree.

"I also understand that it is usually frowned upon to work so hard without eating anything," Zafira pointed out. It was natural for her to fret over people. Her father was a physician. Noticing Touma examine the pastry with suspicion, Zafira bit back a laugh.

"It's cherry turnover, not a monster," she teased.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, bright blue skies with puffy white clouds spotting the air. The sun was bright, but a breeze took away from its harshness. Zafira took in a deep, refreshing breath. She could smell sunflower and stone.

The pair had woken a lot earlier than Zafira had anticipated, but she had no complaints. It just meant that the pair would be able to finish up the day faster. Possibly and hopefully with no more deaths or emotional episodes. Now if only she could find a way to make her tense partner relax a bit.....

"If you'd like, I can show you to an amazing bakery here. The old man is a grouch, but his son is a rather splendid person. We can stop there, get a quick bite, and be on our way. Unless there is a specific shop you like?"

• Popcorn
Reactions: Wakasugi Touma
Touma exhaled as she spoke. Usually he got his basics in before breakfast...to foods that he hadn't had for so long. If it was one thing he missed about his homeland, it had to be the food that he was so accustom to...

Still, the pastry that Touma held in his hand couldn't be all that bad...least if this one said so. Touma took another sniff of it. It really did smell like cherry...then he took a bite into it...and, well, it did taste really good. Shrugging, Touma began to eat his fill.

This one seemed to be a bit more cherry this morning, which was good...only because it made getting by a little easier. Having too people be mopey was rather troublesome when it came to traveling, at least today things should move fast. No doubt this will come up later...but for now, it might have been best to humor her...

"I suppose...what else do they have there? Besides these turnover things?" Touma asked, as he took another bite in the cherry flavor pastry. It really wasn't that bad...if anything, he was starting to like it...

• Popcorn
Reactions: ZafiraJade
Seeing him take a bite, and regard the turnover with surprise, Zafira suppressed another smile. She doubted he'd appreciate her laughing at him, although it was quite entertaining to see a world-renowned ronin such as himself be so taken aback by something as simple as a pastry.

"Have you never had a turnover?" Zafira asked, appalled. Back when she was a kid, Zafira made turnovers, baked pastries, cupcakes, brownies, and sugary desserts with her grandma and father all the time, giving it to the patients that would come in to see her father. There was a time in her life where she was convinced she would become a baker, a profession her father had frowned at. He'd always wanted her to take over the business. In a way, she had and while Zafira had no regrets, she pondered about a Zafira who was a baker. Maybe her friends wouldn't have gotten assassinated had it been the case.

She turned away from the thoughts, gesturing Touma to follow her. "This place has the best pineapple turnovers I've ever had, next to my own of course," Zafira winked. They headed to the bakery, the bell ringing as Zafira entered with a hesitant Touma trailing behind her.

"Good morning, Louvre!" She exclaimed, eyes automatically falling onto a raspberry tart.

"Zafira, you're back," the man said, his voice heavy with an accent. He was good looking with blonde hair, dark eyes and a stubble lining his face, his body built from all the wood he'd get for the rest of the village. He reminded her of a boy back at home who she would teach - a young boy she saw as her brother who'd grown to be a fine young man.

"And I brought customers," she grinned, practically bouncing on her heels.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Wakasugi Touma
"No I have not...such foods are not exactly common from where I am from..." The ronin said, taking another bite out of the pastries. The closest thing was this sweet that was made out of a short-grain rice with red bean filling. Though the bladesmen had had many of the local foods since he had landed on this continent, they were still many variants Touma had yet to try.

"Hmm...pineapple?" The ronin mused, watching as they young women took the lead, before idly following behind while finishing off his current quarry.

They would arrive to one of the many structures in town. The smell gave away it's function, no doubt functioning as one of those bakeries that the ronin had passed by on occasion. Upon entering, Touma eyes fell first on the fellow inside. The lad seemed tough, but one wondered if he knew anything about how to defend himself.

Not that Touma was about to start anything, instead folding his arms, as his gazing falling away as he allowed the two to talk. This "bakery" certainly had a lot of grain products to it, weather it be bread or the food similar to the "turnover" that Zafira had given him earlier. The ronin could only wonder what Zafira was so excitied about...but the words "...brought a customer" seemed to have resonated with the bladesmen.

Was this her sneaky plan all along? Either way, Touma would saunter back to Zafira's side, waiting for her to be done so they'd either get a move on or get that pineapple variant she had went on about...

"Customers are always welcome," Louvre grinned, chuckling at Zafira's excitement. Zafira's mood the night before had been incredibly low, but talking to the man in front of her had lightened her up considerably. She loved talking to bakers, debating about techniques, arguing about favorite desserts, and the like.

"Changed your mind about macarons yet?" Zafira asked idly, perusing over all the bakes. Since Touma had not tried many pastries such as the turnover, Zafira was bent on picking out folk-favorites for him. Mentally, she had half her order already placed,

"They're good, just not as good as cheesecake," Louvre said automatically. Zafira rolled her eyes.

"How does a baker appreciate cheesecake more than macarons? Macarons take more precision!" she said dramatically. "Speaking of, I'll take three macarons, one in raspberry, coffee, and pineapple. My friend here would pick the right dessert," she teased. Now it was Louvre's turn to roll his eyes.

"I'll put in a piece of cheesecake to even out the competition,"

Two pineapple turnovers, a raspberry tart, cheesecake, macarons, and a spinach and feta cheese pastry later, Zafira was out with a probably very annoyed Touma trailing behind her, a bright grin on Zafira's face. It was almost childish to be so happy about such a simple thing. "Don't you love bakeries?" Zafira asked conversationally.