Private Tales Making the Same Mistakes

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Penny was too good to her. But even though she let Briar drag Roland back up the stairs to his room, Briar knew she was going to pay for it later.

When they reached his room once more, Briar tossed Roland's now-bloody sword onto the pile of his other weapons. She could tell he was still reeling and she could not seem to wipe the shit-eating grin off her face. He moved towards the bed and laid down on it, turning a challenging gaze to her.

She raised an eyebrow at him as she unclasped her cloak and tossed it to the side, ignoring the clatter of various daggers hidden within the folds. She pulled off her boots, then moved towards him slowly and climbed on top of him, straddling his waist. "What, tired already?" she purred, adjusting her hips teasingly as she tugged his shirt up over his head and threw it to the side.

She wasn't going to do all of the work.

Roland Grayson Penny Mossriver

• Smug
Reactions: Roland Grayson
His eyes followed her as she approached him. The sound of her cloak as it hit the floor was noted yet ignored for now. Slowly she made her way then mounted him. His shirt coming off as her little taunt left her lips. Tired already? Yes, but not for this. A bit of a second wind hit him and he could do what needed to be done. It was more too tired to worry about further than the current moment.

He just smirked at her in response. His hands smacking her rump then sliding to pull her own clothing off her body. So she was putting forth effort. He could do the same and meet her half way. Soon enough it all just became one big, well remembered haze with time fading into nothingness....

Briar White

Penny tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for the bandit's response with crossed arms, though the smile remained on her lips. The man took a moment to catch his breath. "I... I found it on one of da lasses in a village we raided." he said weakly.

Penny rolled her eyes at his poor excuse for a story. "Don't really expect me to buy that, now do ya?" Her grin widened, a sadistic spark lighting her eyes. High Mother above, this had to be her favorite part of her job. While Briar was off screwing every man in sight, Penny stayed behind to beat what information she could out of the unfortunate souls she had left behind. It allowed her to indulge in the more unsavory activities that she so enjoyed, without Briar's ever vigilant eye keeping her in check.

"Just. Tell. Me! NOW!" Each word emphasized with a kick to the face, each one harder and more brutal than the last. "Okay... OKAY! Please! Just stop..." the bandit pleaded. "I'll tell ya everything, you psychotic bitch!" Penny smiled down at him smugly, quite delighted with her handiwork, although she was just a touch disappointed that he had caved so easily.

"Me-" The bandit hacked leaving a messy spatter of blood on the floor as her sat up and leaned against the wall. "Me and da boys had just finished raidin' a village a bit earlier see, so's we thought to stop an' have a little celebration to our success. We was drinkin' and eatin' and carryin' on, when what comes walkin' down the road, but the prettiest young woman we ever seen! It was as if the gods themselves were rewardin' us for a job well done." He paused, coughing and clutching his side as blood continued to pour from his nose. "Well... Sure you can figure out what happened after that. We had our way with her, and one thing led to another. Things got outta hand and we left what was left of her near the river on our way by the next mornin'. We kept her trinkets as a momento."

Penny's smile had slowly faded over the course of his story, her face now twisted by a look of absolute disgust and contempt. This slimy, pathetic excuse for a man and his cronies had dared to violate a Wood Clan witch? In her own territory no less? Penny could only hope that his death, whenever it came, would be as slow and as agonizing as possible. She smashed a nearby mug over the bandit's head knocking him out cold, and bound his hands and feet. With one last look, Penny took a seat at the closest table and ordered a drink as she awaited Briar's return.

After some time (she hadn't bothered to count), Briar and Roland would descend the stairs once more. Her gaze immediately went to Penny sitting at a table with a mug in hand. She pretended that she could not see the knowing look on her second's face as she turned her attention to the bandit on the floor, tied up.

The tavern had very nearly emptied; save for the few drunkest in the back. The bandit Briar had killed earlier was gone, but his blood still stained the floor. Ah, well, some things couldn't be helped.

"Success?" Briar said to Penny casually.

Even before she heard the story Penny had wrangled out of the unconscious man, Briar knew the bandits had been responsible for killing the Wood Clan witch. She could smell it on their souls, when the two of them were both alive, and she could still smell it off the one lying on the tavern floor. She wrinkled her nose, already thinking of the best way to punish them.

Roland Grayson Penny Mossriver