LFG Let's Fricking Sabotage Vel Anir's Heart of Governance

Im waiting to see if anyone else would post, sort of a mute point if its just two of us lol Aife or atleast another thread entailing us messing up Vel Anir.

• Sip
Reactions: Aife
I've sent an Aloysia post its way in the hopes of encouraging some others to hop in, I like the idea we had so seeing it die would be disappointing.

I'm a McFricking dumbass, but ye I thought Adjacent Views would be the aggregating thread where the attackers would muster up. Next time I'll organize the preambles myself, to help organize things and plot out. In any case, I have this micro-micro-micro campaign prepared already, and I am summoning all ye burnt crispy hearties to here https://chroniclesrp.net/threads/adjacent-views.2911/ . In the meanwhile, I'd like to have a chat with Trajan Meng and Selene Avar to guesstimate the defences Vel Aeros

• Popcorn
Reactions: Aloysia
proxy.php

Callarn

On Trajan's behalf, I can tell you now that he's but one humble man. I imagine he'd probably be in Vel Aerelos in the middle of some other business when the attack comes. A spontaneous defender more than part of a larger defensive force.

• Popcorn
Reactions: Aloysia
Vel Aleros itself wouldn't really be super heavily defended.

Likely a contingent of Royal Guard and prob 1-2 Dreadlords plus whatever the Nobility bring.

The real problem would be in the Response. Vel Aleros is right opposite the Keep of Anir which has all of the King's Guard stationed in it and several Dreadlords. The city itself also has a Garrisoned army called the Army of the East, and of course several dozens of Dreadlords(Two of whom would be previously RP'd Archons). Plus the various House Guards kept in Noble Estates around the city(who would respond to protect the nobility in Vel Aleros).

So essentially there would be a brief lull and then a hammer would come down.

It might be best if we work in a skirmish and raid type warfare not all out assault. This isn’t basically why the romans were unable to conquer northern Briton and unable to beat the Picts. So you should be less concerned with what armies the Falcons fields and more concerned about the fact that they don’t field armies and instead whittle down the enemy until there’s nothing left by attacking in repetitive but small bursts, ambush, retreat, ambush retreat and realest until the day is won.

That’s my opinion anyway. So my thought is that we attack together but as smaller units that attack and withdraw, not a full army that engages in a full scale battle.

Since Vel Aerelos is in the heart of the city, I figured this would be more like a bank robbery than anything. Falwood forces gotta get there undetected, when they "go loud" they have to achieve their objective swiftly and with violence of action, and then presumably get out before resistance becomes too stiff.

But that's just my estimation of it.

Since Vel Aerelos is in the heart of the city, I figured this would be more like a bank robbery than anything. Falwood forces gotta get there undetected, when they "go loud" they have to achieve their objective swiftly and with violence of action, and then presumably get out before resistance becomes too stiff.

But that's just my estimation of it.

I'd agree. I was under the impression that the goal was to do as much damage as possible and kill as many people as possible. So I imagine that a bank robbery isn't quite what we're looking for, but if we do end up having a more specific objective, then that's probably how it would work.

• Yay
Reactions: Trajan Meng
The execution--I figure--is similar, just replace "robbing money" with "vandalism and massacre" as the objective and that's it.

How Falwood forces sneak all the way to Vel Aerelos oughta be interesting to see. Unless you guys don't sneak. Which would be a tactical mistake I'd love the enemies of Vel Anir to make :cool:.