Private Tales Kill Our Way to Heaven

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Zephyrine

Recreator
Character Biography
Link
This was reckless, she had thought to herself for the umpteenth time this morning. She had only met Ivan Skender for the first time last night, at the party Thraah threw for her. Before he had left, she vaguely remembered him telling her to meet him not too early in the morning, and so she had settled on mid-morning... or rather, she felt her most human in that time. There was still an ache in her head, causing her some grief as the sun shone down on her, but still Zephyrine moved towards the training grounds in the forest. Caddel knew the path well, having trained here on her own and with other Proctors over the years, unseen by her peers.

She could have not gone to meet him, but there was something so... intriguing about the idea of seeing the handsome boy again, especially getting to watch a little snippet of his magic at play the night before. That was the reasoning she gave herself after bathing the alcohol out from her pores and washed her long, copper hair until it no longer smelled of the fire that burned after Thraah relit it. She would be cleansed and refreshed today, ready for anything.

Zephyrine's hand absentmindedly went to the pouch at her hip, scraps of metals and wood creating an unique melody with each step she took. She was never without it, always doing her best work when there was something to base her creations off of. There would be no awkwardness from last night in the Zephyrine that woke up today. No, she would not be blushing, and smiling like some young lady being wooed and courted.

All that thought was forgotten the moment she turned up the small incline, and caught sight of the tall Anirian Initiate waiting for her. At first, her greeting was caught in her throat, her boot almost catching on a rock embedded into the path.
"You did make it here alive." She played it cool, but her light brown eyes stared at him a little too long as she approached, small smile twitching at her lips.

"Well... I don't know if you had asked me out on a date date, or a training date..." The training grounds was a bit of a trek from the Academy, but was designed for testing one's ability in wielding weaponry on uneven terrain. Zeph had dressed for something in between, had even managed to brain her hair nicely but would say it was for practicality and out from her face.

A reflecting stone was an old sleight-of-hand at the Academy, well-known to the most proficient of tricksters in the school. With the help of an illusion mage - of which there were a few - one could enchant a specific type of stone to project an uncannily similar reflection of oneself. A pretty neat trick that helped many initiates to do away with some of the most boring, useless classes in their repertoire.

This day however, Ivan had used it for another purpose. So it was that, as Zeph walked into the small clearing, overlooking the Academy below, what she thought she saw was not so much Ivan himself, but rather a reflection of him, sitting quietly under a tree.

The real Ivan stood in waiting instead, perched upon a thick branch of an ancient oak that grew by the opening of the clearing. Hidden by the spring leaves that had already begun to sprout, he stood ready, his form concealed from any prying eyes.

Unlike Zephyrine, the blonde was more than used to the after-effects of heavy alcohol, which meant that - even as soon as the early morning - he was fully recuperated, fresh as a lettuce, and well prepared for the new day.

As the girl walked further into the clearing, he dropped from his roost, silent as a cat, his boots rustling through the green grass as softly as a breeze, as he closed the distance to Zeph's back.

Once he was close enough, he drew two knives from his form. One he pointed below, against Caddel's belly, aimed at her liver and stomach. The other came to a halt further up, as he pressed it to her neck, locking her in a tight embrace, as both his arms enveloped her form, keeping either of hers from making a brusque movement.

- “Why not both?” - He whispered slyly in her ear. - “I gotta say Caddel, I expected a bit more from you.” - This last bit had a slightly different undertone, one of playful challenge to it.​

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Zephyrine
She was much too late to react once she saw the telltale signs of the reflected imagery of Ivan, blinded by her own stirring feelings that seemed to manifest into something after spending some time with him last night. Despite the knives resting against her, her back pressed at his front as his tall frame locked her in place, Zephyrine smiled. "Tricky." One could hear the smile in her words. "I never thought I would be distracted by you... by your own doing in a million years, but alas, I was thwarted."

If this were to happen to her a year ago, she was sure her anger would fuel her to train hard so that she wouldn't be caught in such a position again. Zephyrine heard the playfulness in his voice, a tone that made her smile wider. She bit her tongue on admitting she liked it, that he had succeeded in creeping up from behind and leaving her unable to fight back. Of course, she had not been in such a position before in her training or on the few missions she had gone along on, but neither did Zephyrine create a weapon to parry away the threat of blades. She was too comfortable to stand like this, but ready to work off the lingering effects of the drinking she had done the night before by sparring with Ivan.

"This blade feels a little loose..." She tilted her neck to indicate which one she spoke of. "Could cost you in the future if you don't get that fixed." Zephyrine could break it with a few good blows if she wanted to, knowing exactly how it could loosen some more within that hilt.

• Ctuhlu senpai
Reactions: Ivan Skender
- "I'm very distractive, I know." - The tone on his voice was so overtly smug, that Zephyrine would be able to feel the smirk that now adorned his face... A smirk that died down into a frown as she mentioned his loose grip.

- "Careful now, Caddel." - He said playfully, as he walked towards the tree he'd been perched upon. - "You're starting to sound like Proctor Gamble." - A grimace flickered through his features at the mention of the grumpy, old Proctor.

As he reached the trunk of the oak, he snapped his fingers. A black swirl erupted then from his fingertips, corroding away the tip of one of the higher branches. A few seconds later, he caught a small pack as it fell towards the ground.

Rummaging through the inside, he took out an apple, bright and red as the blood of the Falwood elves, and threw it over at Zephyrine.

- "Come on Zeph," - He motioned her to follow, as he headed towards the edge of the clearing, further away into the forest. - "This circuit is much too easy. Let's try something more challenging, shall we?" -

• Bless
Zephyrine caught the apple with ease, following the taller Initiate deeper into the trees as they trekked to the other circuits. They were a few she preferred to use in honing her skills, but she allowed Ivan to take his pick on which course to settle on.

"I may sound like Gamble, but I do insist on fixing your knife for you." Any excuse to use her magic, and perhaps gaining his admiration for it again like he did with the glass she had fixed the night before. "I learned some forge skills when I stayed in Vel Castere for a month... I want to keep up the practice at least. Maybe if Viret has a blacksmith, I could work on your knife?" She asked, turning to look up at Ivan.

Her extended invitation to join her on mission was still on the table, perhaps curious to see Viret with Ivan's guidance. If his concerns were the Proctor's giving him leave to join her, she would handle them.

"Maybe not this circuit... if it's a challenge you want?" The Recreator began to lead them both past the second circuit, and the next, determining that the type of course better suited to them was one of the deeper ones. Of course, walking may take close to an hour, but Ivan had given her an apple to keep her going for a little longer. A small carving knife came to existence in her hand, and Zephyrine cut a slice and held it out to offer him.

• Frog Cute
- "Viret?" - He asked, still rather oblivious to the fact he had been - somehow - corralled into going on a mission - for free - last night. The realisation did not take long to hit him though, and yet again, a grimace flickered momentarily through his features.

Now, how the fuck would he get out of that?

- "Well, hey, I've never said no to someone fixing my gear for me." - He beamed. Though Ivan knew his way around a forge, his metallurgy skills were rather limited to whatever was sufficient to repair his weapons and armour... and even then he almost always tried to get out of the gruelling slog that was hammering metal.

Even he couldn't stop but admire the craft, however.

Metal-working built some of the most amazing innovations humanity had ever seen, from armour to jewellery and everything-in-between - and that was only just for metal. There were forgemasters the world-over that - beyond iron and copper - could bend even the most exotic of materials in their quest to forge some of the most powerful artifacts Arethil had ever seen.

In short, it was a useful skill to have, indeed.

He glanced over the circuit Zephyrine had pointed.

- "Agreed." - He said, as he took the apple slice. - "Have you ever been to the Old Stones?" - He asked. A fair distance after even the furthest of training grounds, beyond the very edge of the Academy grounds, lay the place that some initiates - those brave few that were courageous enough to make the hours-long trip - called the Old Stones. These were the remnants of an Anirian religious complex, predating the fall from grace of Vel Stratholm. The ruins offered an excellent mix of urban terrain - even if decayed beyond habitability - as well as some wide courtyards they could spar in, if they chose to do so.​

• Frog Cute
Oh, what if he couldn't remember agreeing to tag along to her mission? And her offer to stop by the seaside Viret for dinner with him. She looked down, and pieces of her red hair fell loose from her lazy braid and hid her red cheeks. "Don't worry about Viret, I might not have the energy or time to visit after doing the repairs to that town..." After all, this was a replacement date, wasn't it?

But Zeph would look up at him, doing her best to keep up with his long strides, but she found it with ease. Her month is Vel Castere helped her become stronger, and her endurance improved too with her daily runs with Dreadlord Nevarre. After the night she had, she felt it wise to skip her run this morning.

"Old Stones? Do you mean the ruins?" She asked, brows furrowed slightly. "I know it." Explored too much of it on her own. In the months after her guardian had been murdered, she had made the trek to the ruins and unleashed her anger in some places. She scarred the stone, rebuilt some walls for her to demolish for her own gain, and became lost. She had visited in the past, but it had been at lest a year now since she was last there. "I think some Initiates don't visit the ruins anymore. Last time I was there, two Initiates wanted to... uh, consumate and I could not leave without them seeing me. Used magic to make them think the place had some spirit or something..." And it became her quiet place again.

• Bless
He let out a hearty chuckle at Zephyrine's... misadventures at the Old Stones.

- "I don't doubt that." - Indeed, he himself had brought girls aplenty there. No spirit had shown during his...  consumations, however.

He then noticed her red cheeks, and, thinking them to be the product of fatigue, slowed his pace slightly.

"Cute, though."

- "I think after the Revolution, the place became more deserted." - He said of the Old Stones. Indeed, post-Republic, some of the more aggressive competitiveness at the Academy had died down, which had removed most initiates' need for a private, secluded training ground away from prying eyes. This, allied to the fact that one was less likely nowadays to be brutally mauled in the formal training grounds by the School meant the long hike to the ruins had become less and less appealing for most.

- "Though if you prefer, we can still stick to one of the tracks closer to here." - He glanced at her slyly, his brow furrowed in antecipation as he tried to gauge whether the girl really was as tired as her complexion hinted at.

Maybe this girl was just a delicate flower without much past pretty looks after all? Well, only one way to find out. He waited for her reply.​

• Bless
Zephyrine threw him a look of incredulity, snorting at the suggestion to settle for the tracks in their area. "The track over that way suffered a fire few months back, and I am in no mood to repair that. The other track up ahead? I thought you were here for a real challenge." She shot back, smiling at him.

And to prove her point, she skipped ahead a few feet, careful of the uneven terrain as she turned to look at him over her shoulder.
"Put those long legs to use and catch up."

Zephyrine was fast, but running such a trail meant she had to be careful of where her feet would fall, lest she injures herself. Small scratches and cuts were the basics she had learned to heal with her magic. Her hair fell out from the half arsed braid, the ribbon catching in her hair before flying off in her wake.

She came to rest at a crossroads in the woods, a good ten minutes of their time taken up by getting the run in. Her cheeks were now a soft red, the girl grinning to herself as it had felt good to loosen up. Of course, she hadn't stretched before hand, but it was a good short spurt that left her energised to continue.

"Looks like we have... less than an hour to go." She stood up to take in a deep breath, peering at Ivan and giving him a smile. "All uphill from here." Kress, there were some parts to the track that were quite steep, but would it look like she was taking the easy way if she used her magic to create something to help her climb better?

• Smug