Open Chronicles In The Time of The Butterflies

A roleplay open for anyone to join
The Nyndalls is a kingdom just North of The Spines, settled on vast and diverse land in which it’s people are very proud of occupying. It took decades to build but with the help of their many allies, the kingdom could be considered somewhat completed. Although no kingdom was ever finished. There was always something to change, something that just did not fit in.

In the capital city of Dalth’myre, a potential wall was being built around the city. It made of the precious metals found beneath the kingdom by the hands of Palominian and the help of outsiders. The wall shimmered and turned different colors such as a copper red and navy blue. In this way, it represented the women itself since it almost appeared to be mood changing like their ever so great fingertips. Often the common would compare the wall’s frantic color change to the political statement of the Empress with copper representing the bad and navy blue represent the good. For the sake of the Empress, the wall almost always appeared to be navy blue which made a lot of the superstitious ones happy.

As Marcelina’s horse trot toward the city, she tried to calculate the width and height of the wall in her head. Her teeth chattering as it always did when she solved problems in her head. It must’ve been two thousand feet, maybe three? Marcelina didn’t really know. She gave up after awhile since it wouldn’t matter anyway. The height of the wall always changed with every Empress who held the throne since it would always be her decision of whether or not her city is safe.

A slight shake of her head and the dauphina’s attention would shift from the wall to the farmland that surrounded it. Nothing but rice farms and cattle. Palominians and their husbands stood knee deep in water as they collected what they could and put it in beautifully woven baskets. Some wouldn’t notice Marcelina but the ones that took a peek of her from underneath their floppy hats grew excited and gave her a respectful bow.

Marcelina could not help it but stop her horse and party in place. She hopped off her horse and holding the edges of her dress, Marcelina decided to join the women during their day’s work.

”My dear Dauphina, you’ll get your silk dress dirty if you step into this muddy water! I should bring you the rice if you would like.” One of The women who saw Marcelina approaching rushed over to her to try and stop her from stepping into the water which was just a little above her calves.

”My sweet, I did not come to take a look at the rice. I have come to serve you.” Marcelina plunged into the water, the woman whom she joined would catch her by her elbows and guide her through the process of her work. ”I have never done this before, my sweet. You must teach me how!”

• Yay
Reactions: Sannoru