Completed Heavy are the burdens of apostates

He stared at the golem for a second after it spoke before glancing back at the cat. Looking back and forth between the two of them he gave the cat creature the universal facial expression of "are you seeing this shit?" before sighing a little bit.

"I just got sassed by a monotone giant."

His deadpan didn't give way even as he grinned.

"Sure, why the fuck not?"

Rushing forward, he laughed as he dashed right at one of the guards. Before he had to commit himself to an attack however, he quickly changed directions to his right, slashing out with his sword to slice through the throat of the guard there who had been repositioning rather than actively defending.

His blade had barely scratched his throat but it was the throat - that was really all you needed to do to leave a man gasping as he literally spurted blood out until he died in like half a minute's time.

Why try harder?

• Yay
Reactions: White Swallow
Perhaps the mage had its short triumph, but allies stood in many alleys.
Some of the assassins snuck in as guards and took the post of the statesmen. Blasted or not, they were open wide regardless of it. Soon enough they snuck onto their horses and grabbed the three freedmen and hoisted them up across the saddle.
Taking off like the wind, before anyone in the city would be able to set loose upon the religious criminals, they'd have to first tame the civilians.

The White Swallow rushed through the crowd, in time to meet up with Nadim Ibn Adil. It didn't escape the fedayin that his companion might have acquired some outside help.
It seemed as if, if things did not escalate the way they did, the three would be bolted onto the cross, and he himself would have died right now.
»We should leave, and it seems we should take your friends with us as well,«
»They knew the risk it would take to get involved that way, « the swallow scoffed. Perhaps sometimes it was hard to keep composure as the crowd around waved like a rushing sea.
»Hopefully you'll still have a chance to thank them later. «
Pushing themselves out of the crowd, they called for their mares. The local creatures were quick to come.

»It is time to egress, « spoke Ibn Adil, reaching a hand to the mage, and the white swallow reached for K'winLeo to hoist them up their horses. For the colossum of a man, however, they doubted even a single horse could hold.

It was time to flee.

Some of the guards tried to attend to Amir Shiys Ibn Seyed as best as they could, but the Mulay already began to expel foaming blood.

She responded to the mage's face with a shrug, conveying her matching thought to the Golems fighting.
She was still fighting the guards when she saw the sight of the stranger from the beginning.

She fought off the last of the guards that were on her tail, then ran over to the stranger and his friend, preparing horses.

She was then hoisted up onto one of the horses by the stranger. She understood the now chaotic and already violent scene. The men were freed and she didn't want to take any more lives.

• Yay
(OOC Sorry for not commenting sooner, I thought this thread went dead!)

The golem struck, with the maul and blade, clearing a path to his draft horse before making his escape, as he rode out, he waved to his compatriots as he began the long ride back to Alliria.

• Yay
Alexios stared at the hand offered by Ibn Adil and the offer of a quick escape. Did he want a quick escape though? Part of him longed for the thrill of a furious, pitched, battle but he had enough sense to know when such a fight might be a losing proposition.

"I'm all about that egress."
he agreed, pulling himself into place, "Make with the egress - I'll keep an eye out for followers."

He stretched a little bit, waving to the Golem before pointing dead ahead, slapping the rear of the horse he was on with his free hand.

"Bring me that horizon!"

• Yay
»I'd rather not see what they would have done if they brought their magebreakers forth, « Ibn Adil briefly turned his head back at Alexios, »What's your name? « He added on later.
The horses galloped forth in a thunderous pace, and outside the gates of Jaleyaana far and beyond. The city was now only dust in the distance.
Joined by many more, they rode in a coherent group of some fifteen soldiers along with the three of the rescued.

Though it seemed the colossal man would not ride with them, some of the soldiers waved back, the White Swallow included.

»We may stop by the crags further west. « The white swallow turend his head, his voice not so loud compared that of Ibn Adil.