Private Tales By tempest strewn ashore

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer

Livyatan the Tempest

Beast of Legend
The cloudy weather was an ill omen for the small port town. Dark clouds meant storms, and the harbor was ill-prepared after the previous weeks' batterings to weather yet another gale. But nature knew no mercy, and the winds continued to pick up -- the prelude of a typhoon.
In a dark back-alley of the port village, by a tavern that was just closing its doors for the evening, the sounds of a scuffle could be heard to a decent distance; the sounds were timed interestingly with the thunderclaps in the distance. Passersby would notice very little else except the occasional flash of light, since the fight was occurring decently deep within the alleyway.
After about half a minute, the scorched unconscious body of a ruffian was flung towards the street, landing in sight but not in the walkway, instead coming up short in between the buildings. The sounds of conflict continued, though, indicating that there must have been more than one of them in there.
Veronica Hathers

Veronica pulled her jacked more around her body, slightly hunching over. Of course, the one day that she's given a job like this it's freezing. She continued on towards the less desirable parts of the already rundown village, grumbling obscenities under her breath as the wind pushed and shoved her back and forth.

Despite her giant-sized attitude and temper, she was a rather small-built woman if you could even call her that. The cracks of thunder and lightning mixed with grunts and shouts of rage. She rolled her eyes, it was most likely another drunken fight. She was used to these things and was not all that worried. Veronica just wanted to intimidate someone, maybe start a small brawl, and then get back to her ship.

As a man landed at her feet she stepped over, completely ignoring his existence. She briefly looked up, two men, typical. They were in her way of course. One had a rather interesting appearance, more specifically the one directly in her path. As she walked towards them Veronica tried to shove the supposed drunk out of the way, stopping dead in her tracks, he was unmovable.

"What the hell?"

Livyatan the Tempest

The young-looking man with aquamarine hair stood firm, briefly looking the newcomer in the eye confused. His opponent, thinking this an opportunity, jabbed at his stomach with a previously-concealed dagger. His attempt was met with an instinctual block and an electricity-charged fist to the groin. As his opponent keeled over in pain, the man stood straight from his previous fighting stance and looked quizzically at the lady who had attempted to push past him.
"...Can I help you with something?"
His piercing red eyes felt as though they were drilling into her soul behind his surprisingly unbroken glasses, though it was doubtful she minded, and his expression was not hostile; simply very confused. A sharp canine tooth protruded from his upper lip, which was curled down slightly, completing the what-in-the-hell-just-happened expression.

"Oi, you're in my way. If you're gonna fight don't take up the whole goddamn alleyway yeah?" Her thick accent, of no particular origin, made her voice sound that gruffer. She furrowed her eyebrows as her upper lip curled up into a snarl, glaring at what she now deemed to be her opponent.

A more sober Ronnie would've simply continued on, but sadly she had downed a few ales before finally going to complete her job. "What's your problem huh? Why don't you just move the fu-", she was interrupted by a drunken hiccup, "over now why don't you? It's not all that difficult pretty boy. Shove over."

"Eh, you don't know who the hell I am? Guess I need to get around a bit more then, spread more fear huh?"
She mumbled quietly to herself, drunkenly rambling as she struggled to remain standing. "WHy don't you just run along now, go home to your mam."

Livyatan the Tempest

A raised eyebrow was accompanied with an intrigued "Oh?" as the young man's confused frown turned into an amused smile.
"And you've somewhere important to be?"
This person was clearly not intimidated by the clear supernatural nature of his attacks, nor was she suspicious in the least about his immense muscle density which was clearly not befitting of his size.
There was a brief crackle of electricity in the air.

"I'm not blocking the alleyway. You are perfectly capable of moving around me."
The winds picked up slightly around the young man, and his stature seemed somehow taller than it had been previously.

"Don't get smart with me now. Where I'm going and what I'm doing doesn't concern you in the least now does it? You best be shuttin' your mouth before I damn well shut it for you." His smug smile only enranged Ronnie further, how dare he did not bend to her very will and submit to everything that she said.

Her face began to turn red with visible frustration and anger, she crossed her arms. "Why don't you move then? You're mad outta your mind." She stepped forward as if sizing the muscular man up.

Livyatan the Tempest

The young man does not budge. The crackles of electricity become more frequent.
"You seem flustered...are you perhaps afraid? Or are you simply unaccustomed to a man who lacks both lust and cowardice?"
There is a brief glint in his eyes, and his hand moves to the right, impaling a leaping ruffian who had thought he could catch the pair off guard due to their argument. The man collapses twitching, knife falling out of his hand. He grimaces after pulling back his hand, which was glistening red with blood.
"...How inconvenient."

"Afraid?" She scoffs, tapping her foot and rolling her eyes. "As if, and what the hell is that supposed to mean? Cowardice? Lust? Since when did lust become apart of this?" She smirked, raising an eyebrow at his phrasing.

"Aw, is the widdle boy afwaid of the big girl?" Ronnie mocked, her eyes widened as she witnessed the bloody encounter. Blood managed to splatter over her face, she was a bit nervous now. How the hell was he able to do something like this?

"Just get out of the way why don't you. That'd be great if you could stop being a big piece of shit and just shove over now." Ronnie pushed him again, not able to move him.

Livyatan the Tempest

At this point, it was on principle that he was standing in place. One who expected all to yield to his or her own will needed to be taught a lesson. And yet he made no moves to attack, clearly only willing to fight if attacked.
His expression did not change in the slightest at her mocking, nor did it change at her second attempt to shove him. He did, however, move his hand for her wrist as she made the attempt, and if he was able to grab it (his movement was fast but not as fast as the jab he had killed the unknown assailant), he would grip tightly. He said something in Draconic.
"Sa'kath ikur."
He bared the feral-looking fang once again. This phrase was an oath, but whether or not the lady knew he had cursed was not important to him.
"I suggest that a cession of hostile actions would be in your best interest."

"Ow! What the bloody hell was that for you bastard?" She shouted loudly, another stream of vulgar phrases tumbling from her mouth. "Let me go, and you never did answer my question now. What in the world does 'lust' have to do with anything? Do you have something to tell me then hm?"

She smirked but then began trying to worm her way out of his grip, pushing herself off of him but not able to escape from him. "Get off me damn it. I have something to do, move the bloody hell out of my way." Her yells reduced to grumblings, her glare still present on her face.

Livyatan the Tempest

"Lust is what men seem to have that causes them to act out of line...it has nothing to do with me."
The hand is released, but the man stays in place.
He lowers his arm to his side and sighs.

"I'm not going to stop you."

"Someone's a little less confident now, isn't he? That's goddamn right, not so tough now are ya?" She pushed a strand of her hair back gently, smirking smugly upon doing so. As her hand is released Ronnie yanks it back violently.

"Now come on then, what's the long face for? Apparently, you've never encountered someone who has a mind if her own." She sighed. "Now don't go around lookin' depressed."

Livyatan the Tempest

"Your assumptions are both brash and incorrect. I never intended to start a conflict; you acted in aggression. And unlike what you seem to be assuming is my perspective, I don't believe in imposing restrictions on others based on superficial factors."
He rolled his eyes as he said this.
"I'm actually curious what brought you through this alleyway in the first place, considering it's a dead end...it's possible that I've already been attacked by -- and overpowered -- whomever it is you seek."
The young man gave a look around the alley,
"There have been several who obviously want my assumed but rather nonexistent wealth."

"Just someone. None of your business." Ronnie crossed her arms, slightly embarrassed by the situation at hand. "Alright? I was just doing something, something for a job. None of your goddamn bloody business alright?" Sighing she put her hands upon her hips, huffing.

"Well, I'm pretty sure that you haven't met the person I'm after as they're very much under the radar." Her eyes scan over the first man's burnt body, not believing what she saw. Of course, he had gotten to him first. "Yeah. No, you haven't met him, I'm almost sure of that."

Livyatan the Tempest

He took note of her expression as she looked at the burnt body and grinned.
"That so? I suppose that's not him then...curious what you were after him for. Can't have been anything to his benefit, though, if he's anything like that..."
He chuckled. Seems he wasn't one to buy a lie, either. A pacifist he might have been, but a fool he was certainly not.
"I'll tell you what...I know a tavern that's open late. If you really feel affronted by me having accidentally have taken your bounty, I'll buy you a drink or two to make up for it."

She glared daggers at him, rolling her eyes once again. "Fine. That was him, satisfied? Nice job though, he owed me a shit ton of money and now I only have access to whatever is in his wallet."

Walking over she squatted down on her heels, rifling through the second man's pockets for a wallet or a coin pouch of some sort. She found it and began searching the first man, which was formally her target. "Yeah, that would actually be quite nice." Pocketing the money Ronnie popped up. "Come on then."

Livyatan the Tempest

They would make their way to a tavern that was in fact still open, and the man would buy her a drink.
He asked her name, and if she gave it, he would reply, "Nice to meet you. I am Livyatan. Also known as...Leviathan."
He says this matter-of factly, but it was clear that he had considered this carefully before saying it...Veronica had likely noticed that he was definitely not what he appeared to be.

"The name's Ronnie, Ronnie Hathers, but people call me the Sea Bitch, Sea Dog if you're uncomfortable with profanity." Without him offering his hand she gripped it tightly, shaking it once before letting it go.

Being slightly intoxicated her mind wasn't capable of drawing the connections, but she did find him to be somewhat, well, unusual. "Aye, let's get on with it then, I'm thirsty and I feel a headache comin' on." She groaned, massaging her temples.

Livyatan the Tempest

The man did as promised, and as they sat down, he also bought himself a few drinks. A few drinks indeed, but not enough to cause him any trouble it seemed...despite their strength and number, it seemed his body mass was greater than his size by far.
He was sure to watch if Ronnie was doing anything either suspicious or comical, and also to prevent any more scuffles.

She downed a few mugs, some of the liquid dripping down her chin and onto her table. "Aint that the good stuff now heh?" She smiled, yawning and stretching before grabbing one of Livyatan's drinks.

"Eh, now you can go an' find yourself a pretty lil' girl to take on home then huh?" Ronnie laughed, now extremely drunk. She raised a mug, the liquid sloshing as she gestured to a waitress. "That one's a little pretty one huh?"

Livyatan the Tempest

"I've no interest in such frivolous indulgements."
The young man continued to drink, and after about five ale mugs of 175-proof liquor the barkeep began to eye him sideways. In fact, the entire bar was beginning to eye him sideways, because he was not only still conscious, but fully functional, seeing as he was playing chess with another patron of the bar and winning soundly.
He went up to the bar.
"I'd like another, if you don't mind...by the way, I'm curious...is my jacket stained?"
The baffled barkeep just stood looking in awe at this man with apparently infinite constitution, before replying,
"I'm not sure if you're aware, but the amount of drinking you're doing should have killed you about two drinks ago."
The young man looked at his glass and back at the barkeep.
"Is that a joke? I've always seen people behave strangely after drinking...is it some sort of strange social custom in towns?"

"Aw, come on now huh?" She drawled, taking another sip before setting it down sloppily. "You don't find her just the least attractive then? Oi get me another one of these why don't ya?" Ronnie elbowed him a bit harder then she had originally meant, her breath smelling of liquor.

"God, the hell is this? Weak ale in't it?" She mumbled drunkenly, already quite uninhibited when it came to her and her senses.

Livyatan the Tempest

It was at this point that Leviathan put 2 and 2 together about alcohol.
"...I probably should avoid drinking from now on. There's too much risk of accidentally revealing...well...never mind."
The barkeep just gave a look of sheer confusion, and Lee handed Ronnie the drink originally intended for him.
At this point it was clear to nearly everyone in the room that Lee was not human. Someone tapped him on the shoulder, and asked, "Excuse me, but what exactly are you?"
"I was afraid I'd be asked that at some point. I assume everyone in this bar can tell I'm not human, but I am also fairly certain that the simple mention of the word 'Leviathan' will send people running and screaming from -- I really have to stop thinking out loud."
There was an immediate hush that fell over the room. All eyes were now on the disguised sea monster that was now known to be in the bar, near the docks, in a port town, where sailors went about their days.