Open Chronicles Blessings of Light

A roleplay open for anyone to join
"It will be, if we see more of these types." Leon gestured to the bandit that now lay dead on the ground.

Though he was no grand swordsmen, the Inquisition taught the craft well enough to stand up to any bandit that they may encounter within their works. Leon preferred the use of his magic, but that was not always the best path.

"Armor would help." He commented. "I am a tad more...delicate than you."

A smile briefly flickered across his face as he pet the horses face. "Though I believe this will be the most useful thing on our journey."

"It is fortunate we've found it." The horse whinnied as Leon petted against it. The Construct had never ridden a horse, finding them to be a bit . . . peculiar, and worried about his weight. Then again, horses carried knights in armor right? And carried supplies? The construct thought for a moment, and decided to try and pet it.

Not knowing the first thing about horses, the Construct saw Leon Vargas had petted the creature at it's front and came behind it rather than behind Leon. The horse, not enjoying the Construct being behind it, kicked backwards and the put the Construct in the sand with a metallic ring. The Construct sighed, more embarrassed than damaged.

"I think I'll leave it's care to you."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Leon Vargas
Leon took three urgent steps to the side, leading the steed away so that it faced the Construct and did not offer another kick.

"Are you alright?" The Inquisitor asked urgently.

From what Leon had seen, the man of metal was extremely durable. He'd seen him take the beatings of sword and elements, but there was a stark difference of strength between a man and a horse.

Eventually even a metallic body could get damaged, and he doubted that his own skills would be enough to repair any damage that the Construct received. "Perhaps."

Leon suggested as he offered a hand to the man of metal.

"Asking questions about creatures such as these might be a good idea." At least while he was in it's company.

• Yay
Reactions: Argath
The Construct looked a bit puzzled when the man extended out his arm, but took it and quickly discovered Leon Vargas was helping it up. The Construct would rise to a stand, but Leon would find the construct quite heavy. A suit of platemail, but a little bit thicker. Upon rising the Construct would pull at it's shirt, examining where the Horse had struct it.

"I don't feel any bends or breaks. Should be alright for now, maybe heat treat it later. " It replied, then began returning it's clothes to their normal hang.

"The horse is quite strong. Haven't been thrown like that since I escaped." It paused for a moment in thought. "How do you get them to like you? Horses that is."

• Popcorn
Reactions: Leon Vargas
Leon had to struggle not to fall over and onto the Construct as the man of metal dragged itself up, his boost planting hard in the stand as he tried not to scrunch his face too much.

When he was let go Leon let out a sigh of relief. Had he been wearing his own armor it might not have mattered so much, but he was still somewhat frail from his injuries. "Heat Treat?"

The inquisitor cocked his head questioningly, then decided it probably didn't matter.

"They're instinctual creatures." Leon said as he patted the steeds cheek. "They can feel intent, and...well I suppose from you it might be different."

Did The Construct even have feelings? "I suggest...moving slowly around them, and perhaps carrying a few carrots or apples."