Arrival Post - Forest

Forest - Out of Character

Out of Character Account
Hello! My name is Forest, and I used to do forum roleplaying several years ago. I always enjoyed the collaborative storytelling of those forums so I am looking forward to doing it again. Since it has been too long since I last did any creative writing, please feel free to let me know either in the forums or over a message if there's anything about any of my posts and/or characters that you think should be changed and I will be more than happy to edit it.

I always enjoyed playing characters that weren't major protagonists, and all the characters in my first batch here are designed to be expendable, morally flexible, and somewhat weak so they can fit into a variety of stories with other users and so I can better learn the Chronicles universe before making more unique characters like spellcasters or monstrous species. I also give open permission for other users to kill my characters.

My favorite roleplays were always action-focused ones, but I am willing to try participating in other kinds of stories while here. I probably won't be active enough to participate in the fastest paced threads, but I expect to post at least once a day in the ones I am active I'm. I remember I was most comfortable writing posts that were just a few paragraphs, but I can write longer or shorter posts as necessary.

As a disclaimer, I am currently using AI for profile pictures since I wasn't sure how I felt about pulling random pictures off of Google Image searches like I used to. I am okay with using AI for generating fun pictures, but beyond that I do not support it. If there is a good place to get real art for avatars, please let me know.

Other than that, I am looking forward to meeting everyone! If you've got any questions or suggestions for me, please let me know!

Welcome to the site! Love the thought behind playing a low to the ground character first, to help you get a feel for the world before expanding your scope.

Highly recommend joining the discord, as that is where most folks do the lionshare of their plotting and planning, and certainly where folks socialize and connect!

However, it is totally fine to stick to forum only, just requires a little more leg work.

Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the site. Happy reading and writing!

Hello, welcome! I’ve already lurked on your characters and I gotta say, I like the direction you took on them but also how well you spread them across different locations and occupations. We have many great writers here so I’m sure you’ll enjoy chronicles as much as everyone else :) looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Welcome to the site! Love the thought behind playing a low to the ground character first, to help you get a feel for the world before expanding your scope.

Highly recommend joining the discord, as that is where most folks do the lionshare of their plotting and planning, and certainly where folks socialize and connect!

However, it is totally fine to stick to forum only, just requires a little more leg work.

Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the site. Happy reading and writing!
Thank you very much! I don't use Discord too much, but I signed up and I'll be looking through it soon. I appreciate the feedback and introduction!

Hello, welcome! I’ve already lurked on your characters and I gotta say, I like the direction you took on them but also how well you spread them across different locations and occupations. We have many great writers here so I’m sure you’ll enjoy chronicles as much as everyone else :) looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Thank you too, that really means a lot to me! I wanted to make a small batch of characters who had not started their stories at all yet, but also weren't too plain. Honestly, the most fun part was reading all the preexisting lore here and trying to build my characters into it.

I want to expand on them soon to make their pages look more like proper Wiki pages, so if you saw anything that could be improved I'd love to hear it! Either way, thank you again!