Private Tales A Sanguine Dinner

A private roleplay only for those invited by the first writer
Character Biography
Link
Alaric pulled back the curtain from inside the carriage to see the moon shining its white light upon the farm fields that surrounded him. The road was cobbled but had cracks and holes in it, resulting in a bumpy ride as he made his way to the rather village and noble house of the family that claimed this land under their banner. He had sent a message earlier, alerting the count of his presence and that he expected to have dinner between them and his family. Alaric had met the man a few times, unknown to the count that he had speaking to a vampire the entire time. Over the years, he had learned to hide his true nature quite well, even under scrutiny.

The carriage pulled into the village, the local citizens stepping out of the way as they carried supplies or buckets of water for their baths tonight. Even within the carriage and passing, he could hear each heartbeat that surrounded him, a rhythmic thudding that would start to turn into something that sounded like someone banging on a door right in his ear. If it wasn't for him about to have dinner with the Count, a couple of villagers may have had their throat already torn out.

Eventually, they came to a stop in front of black gates, two guards in armor standing there at attention for any unexpected visitors. Alaric gracefully stepped off the carriage, dusting off his fine clothes with his midnight hair straight down his back. He stepped forward to the two guards and smiled, "I have a dinner to attend." The guards glanced at each other before stepping to the side, the massive black gates swinging open with a creak as it revealed a path with trees lining the side and all the way to the noble house. Alaric gave a nod before stepping forward and to the steps of the noble manor.

Footsteps padding through the halls. Light, thin, a gazelle-like dash between rooms. Musical giggling in the room, followed by the heavier footfalls. A heartbeat, thudding in the air with that sanguine perfume. Exasperation rolled off her skin in waves, brown eyes panning for a waifish figure that darted and danced like some elfin thing.

For the Gods blessed her, Adele no longer needed to wait for the count's permission to roam free!

"Adele!" Came the sharp voice of her human sitter, a glorified nanny for a headstrong young woman. "This is serious! To not attend is to insult the name of the man who named you ward! Now stop this game at once, miss, and prepare."

Sparkling grey eyes glittered from a narrow face. Wide eyes, beautiful features that seemed untainted by age or vice glowed in the dim light of the library, an unabashed smile touching her lips. "Ah, but Gen, it is so fun to run, to dance and dash," she pirouetted on one foot, playing the childish foible with ease. But her caretaker remained unmoved.

"My Lady, if you want to be worthy of his title, you must act it," she sighed, tilting her head. "Come along, Adele, and we shall dress fitting for this visit." She followed along with a played meekness, grey eyes blinking innocently at 'Gen'.

"What manner or kind of man is he, to gather such respect?" she inquired with coy innocence, as Gen huffed and began walking away.

However... Adele could feel the thrill rising deep within her bones. An aching need to press the Kiss of her thirst upon a new throat. She had played the airheaded, childish debutante for so long... perhaps the new guest could provide some amusement.

Orbit

Alaric reached the massive doors to the estate and waited patiently there. As he stood there, he cocked his head slightly, able to hear slight laughter and murmurings that grew the more he focused. But he was interrupted before he can decipher anything as the doors opened and a servant stepped out to greet him, giving him a slight bow as the vampire gave a nod back to the man. "Please, come in. I apologize for the wait."

He gave the servent a smile before slowly stepping through. "There is no need to apologize. I don't mind." The servent gave their own smile before proceeding to walk off in order to collect the Count and whatever guests he wanted to bring to dinner with him. Alaric stood in the waiting area, his eyes drifting between the spectacles of art and other artifacts that the man showed off frequently. It wasn't long before hard thuds could be heard down the stairs and the vampire turned his head to nonchalantly force a smile upon his lips. "Geoffry."

The Count wore lavish clothes that were expected of his position and he spread his arms out wide as he made his way down the stairs, "Alaric!" When he reached the bottom, he clasped one hand on his shoulder and shook the vampire's hand with the other. "It's been too long since I've seen you." Alaric shook Geoffry's hand back, "Yes, it has been months since the last time we've shared each other's presence."

Geofrry smiled, "Well, supper is still being prepared. I hope you're hungry." The Count had never known about his true nature and truth be told it seemed if he got slapped in the face by it, he still wouldn't have realized. "Please, I'm famished." Geoffry chuckled and motioned for him to follow as he led his friend to the dining room.

Light, soft laughter echoed down the stairwell behind Geoffrey as a lithe figure practically pranced down. Brown hair fell in soft ringlets around a face pale enough to be nobility, with an undernote of the unearthly; though eyes were a pale grey, tinged as it was with a near-violet. She was dressed in a simple grey gown befitting a ward of his Lordship, however even the quality of that fabric was of a far higher end than a simple orphan.

"My Lady!" Gen gasped behind her, as she nearly barrelled into the man that she couldn't recognize. There was a smell to him. A sense that intrigued.

Something that whetted the sharpness of hunger all the more acutely.

"Father!" she chimed after him, a wide smile gracing her lips. He turned, frowning, to gaze upon the child-woman that practically danced in place, eyes sparkling with barely-contained mischief.

"Ah... Adele," he greeted coolly, yet even she could not mistaken the slightly warmer look to his eye. "Not now, please, but until I have summoned you." She smiled, nodding once.

Yet as he turned to keep up a pace with the stranger, she stared a moment, stilled. Grey eyes lost their joviality, and just for a fleeting moment, the image of the girl seemed replaced by something older, hungrier. Grey eyes raked over with razor sharp focus before she turned away, smiling at her maid.

"I do apologize," she demured, ducking her head in a play of shyness. "Please, Gen, take me to the library. I wish to wait there until summoned."

And so saying, she made a play of walking meekly with the human woman, resisting the urge to stare back at the newcomer.

Ugh. Not another one of them on her doorstep. This promised to become a messy evening affair, if he chose to linger on her territory.

Orbit

Alaric walked along beside the count, his footsteps barely audible compared to the man's as they continued to navigate through the estate. But, the vampire stopped before he did and turned slightly to spot the woman at the top of the stairs dressed in her own luxurious clothing. Geoffry turned with a questioning look but then spotted Adele as she ran down and towards him.

The entire time, he didn't speak, his eyes locked on Adele unshamefully the entire time. When she turned to glance upon Alaric, it was as if the air stilled between them. His gaze locked with hers and he appeared to stare right past her flesh and to her soul or lack thereof. After a few seconds, while her face grew still, a slow smile crept to his lips. He knew. Gen stared between the two of them before nodding to Adele, "Yes, my lady." She gently gripped onto her arm and led her off.

Alaric's gaze followed after her a few moments before returning back to Geoffry, "Lovely woman." The Count chuckled as he led the way once more to the dining room, "Yes she is but can rather be a handful sometimes." A chuckle also came out of him as he started to walk with the Count again, "I wholeheartedly believe that." After a few more twists and turns, the two finally arrived at the dining room, a long elaborate table with a spine of candles down the middle and a chandelier above to illuminate it accordingly.

The Count was about to gesture to a seat but Alaric put up his hand to stop him. "I've had a long trip. Do you know where your bathing chambers are? So, I may wash my face and prepare myself." Geoffry nodded eagerly, "Of course! Where are my manners! Down the hall and past the first door on the right." The vampire gave a brief nod before walking off.

---​
Gen opened the door for Adele before swiftly closing it. "My lady! That could have gone terrible if Count and the Lord had such good relations with each other!" She was about to continue but that's when she heard soft footsteps and the shadow of feet moving underneath the door. "Must be the Count." As she was about to open the door, Alaric stepped through, his eyes locked on Adele already before transferring to Gen. She was about to open her mouth but he put a single finger to his lips and uttered one word, "Silence." The maid was frozen in place, just simply staring at him as he took one wide step around her.

Alaric's gaze didn't leave Adele's as he walked over to a nearby desk with a stack of envelopes on it. "And who are you?" His left hand slid to the envelope as his long fingers combed through them a moment until he pulled out a mail opener. "I've been only gone for a few months. Last I checked, Geoffry didn't have a daughter to his name." Alaric's thumb glid along the small blade of the envelope opener as he waited for an answer.