Discussion You ever felt like you are not receiving enough love?

Chadwick Strongpants

Librarian
Character Biography
Link
So bear with me a second. Have you ever not had someone not say what an absolute legend and/or delight you are in the last two hours? I know people are busy and can't do it every hour, I am a big boy, understanding and patient, but every now and again it reaches the 2 hour mark and you begin to ask yourself: Am I truly being appreciated for the gift I am?

Now I understand that not everyone is as great a gift as I am so let me give another example I am sure others can relate to: You reach out to your friend who hasn't messaged you in two weeks to check in and make sure they are doing ok, after all they didn't message you recently, they obviously are in a coma or something, why else would they not message you, and you already know they are suffering not having you in their lives every day. What do they say back? They say that they love you, they have been super busy, they have been thinking about you as well, and that they are going to make some time for you because you are one of their main priorities.

So you know you are loved and adored, but just want to know: Why do I still hurt? Why can't I just have people with me forever? Why do I, for even a second, have to live without others?

Anyone else had trouble conveying that into a character? I am also open to tips and tricks to convey that into a character.

I have to say, it's funny how much this calls to me even though I'd have used the completely opposite words xD But such is the art of the wordsmith!

As for characters...I have this problem with villains. Like, my character, sure. Defeat her, fine. Losing is fun. To an extent. I mean, you get to write all the feels and the dramatic...uhm, dramatic everything. But my main villains? Hoo boy. Don't feel comfortable letting anyone but my character defeat them proper...