Yeah-Lo

ElasticLover

Horrible reference to a character I don't like but I hope some of uou got it.

I'm new here, not new to roleplays though. I've had a roughly four year experience on the matter and I conclude myself as fairly skilled. Although not the best in terms of the technical sides (grammar, spelling, vocabulary, ect.), I would consider myself quite the story builder. I like making lore for almost anything. My favorite thing to do in my past time is literally create hypothetical magical systems with extremely complex ideas which may include mathematical premises and may have some basis in physics, which is odd and probably unfit for me since I do quite poorly in both subjects and can get past most of them through means of Google.

(Excuse me as I passionately talk about an idea here for a sec)

I'm trying to create a Specie for my character who I will plan to roleplay. It is a very unique idea for me even. It is simply a specie that can control its entire body. By that, I mean everything. Its involuntary actions, hidden potential in their body, and even how it grows or how its DNA is, which is probably quite unscientific but I find it important for their history. That being, they have no real history. Their ability to control their body is completely grounded in their minds; both conscious and unconscious. Some of the very first of this species used their ability to shapeshift (over time, not immediately, like a child growing into an adult but extremely different) into a similar physical structure to other races and blend in. Eventually, their species became completely grounded in other species. Because their growth is also rooted in subconsciousness, if they are raised by elves, think they are an elf, they basically are just an elf, albeit far more agile because of their enhanced body control, perhaps even hosting more strength and other physical qualities. Very, very few know they are of the race and will live and die in the dark of their potential. Those that do tend to become quite the formidable warrior.

The thing about them being rooted to the mentality of one, mental disorders will cause complications. Anti-Social Disorders can cause complete numbness of hormones, proper responses of the brain, or just feeling, causing them to be complete devoid of emotion and never experiencing any pleasure in their life. Depression can cause a multitude of problems such as a fast degrading physical composition, incapability to move at certain times, and some times, if they are really depressed, simply just death once they reach a certain point. Phobias, depending on what they are scared of, will cause a numerous amount of troublesome drawbacks.

Morale would greatly effeect their performance. Fear or sadness will cause them to be less effective and having a great morale will make them do their best, of course. All in all, their weaknesses vary from person to person.

(end of rant)

So, basically, this is a greeting and asking for some help. The Specie creation thing tells me to roleplay about it but (though I'm 4 years deep in roleplay) I don't know how to go about it. I mean, I don't know whether I should just pop up with a roleplay in there or ask something. Can someone direct me?

• Yay
Reactions: Kara Orin
Welcome to the board!

even how it grows or how its DNA

This is a low-medium magic fantasy setting. See here. No one knows what DNA is, so maybe put some focus on what their shape-shifting means to them?

think they are an elf, they basically are just an elf, albeit far more agile because of their enhanced body control, perhaps even hosting more strength and other physical qualitie

This feels a little like a route to just make them more powerful versions of other species?

Maybe lay out a little more about the culture of this species? Who are they? Where did they come from?

The first thing you need to do is make a character page here. Don't worry about a species page until you have done some roleplaying and really fleshed out your concepts.

Once you have a character page/biography you can start some roleplays. You can join any open roleplays (Anything not marked "Tales") or post in our Roleplay discussion forum to find a group.

Welcome to the board!

This is a low-medium magic fantasy setting. See here. No one knows what DNA is, so maybe put some focus on what their shape-shifting means to them?

This feels a little like a route to just make them more powerful versions of other species?

Maybe lay out a little more about the culture of this species? Who are they? Where did they come from?

The first thing you need to do is make a character page here. Don't worry about a species page until you have done some roleplaying and really fleshed out your concepts.

Once you have a character page/biography you can start some roleplays. You can join any open roleplays (Anything not marked "Tales") or post in our Roleplay discussion forum to find a group.

Thanks! Hath Charosh

Well, scientifically, (although still inaccurate given I have no qualifications to really dictate it), it just means they control the way they grow and develop. It doesn't need to go in depth for the DNA stuff. Its not really shapeshifting, its more turning into something they wired themselves to become, if that makes any sense. at least.

Well, they can be. Of course, they don't neccesarily will be. Its more like a choice and how able they are at transmitting messages to their body. While, yes, those that are fully aware of what they are will generally be inhuman in physical terms, there are still numerous ways to balance them as I've said before which mainly involves effecting their mental state. For the most part, I thought of this as having a race that can basically be anything, not just the listed stuff. The character I am planning is a blind warrior, afraid of the light, and he bears inhuman physical attributes along with enhanced senses to make up for his blindness. Light terrifies him and he blinded himself not to see it. However, his sense of touch and temperature is able to sense it and it still demoralizes him being in its presence. It effects his mental state quite enough to weaken his performance.

I'm still thinking all of it up. For the most part, their culture is basically nonexistent as they had never made a large enough group. Yes, a very long time ago, there was a tribe of them, but they split. All culture is integrated into whatever they had gone into. For who they are and where they came from, I'm still looking into the lore for more information to flesh it ot completely. I don't have much time tonight so it'll be a while before I come up with a complete idea. This mainly stemmed from magic systems and other characters I've made in the past, not really the lore here and to be honest, I'm just trying to make it fit somehow. I'm willing to go through some changes with it. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't be coming up with anything new for me as well.

That's a very interesting idea! Curious to see how it unfolds.

Welcome to the forum!

proxy.php

Last edited: